Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet still chasing Buckley?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Let's take the money, and purchase a playmaker midfielder with vision and attacking an oppontents box, and an eye for a defence splitting pass.
Too light, pushed off the ball far too easily, and struggles to get past a competent full back (yes i knw he has hamstring problems)
prefer a 90 minute player too be honest, then involved in the game for 10 minutes or so. Even when he is fit disappears from the game.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Buckley is unplayable on his day. Unfortunately, inconsistent form and hamstrings made of paper mean it's not his day as often as anyone would like.

If we get a generous offer I'd be open to him leaving if we can find someone suitable to replace him, but otherwise I'd be happier to keep him.

i'd go along with that , Gus can have him for 5 million....as a favour like...!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I think the picture used in the article speaks for itself:
JS34156991.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With the persistent trouble Will s having Id imagine the underlying cause is yet to be found
Muscular Imbalance somewhere Resulting in ,hamstrings the weak point failing
Can't just be the playing surfaces Can it ?
Who are our physios / doctors at the moment ?
What's their hypothesis on WB s injury woes

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Let's take the money, and purchase a playmaker midfielder with vision and attacking an oppontents box, and an eye for a defence splitting pass.

I am struggling to believe you actually watch any games, Buckley along with Kaz and Solly are wide attacking players, if you want to question playmaking from midfield then the positions theoretically occupied by Orlandi, Agustein, JFC and Lopez should be in your sights, Crofts of course was our playmaker before he was crocked.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am struggling to believe you actually watch any games, Buckley along with Kaz and Solly are wide attacking players, if you want to question playmaking from midfield then the positions theoretically occupied by Orlandi, Agustein, JFC and Lopez should be in your sights, Crofts of course was our playmaker before he was crocked.

But of those, we'll all be delighted if Crofts starts next season and I wouldn't really describe him as creative, Orlandi is usually injured and might be somewhere else soon, Agustein is out-of-favour, Lopez out-of-form and probably off in the summer, and JFC is promising but is 'efficient' in his passing as opposed to hurtful to the opposition and needs to score more.
That said, I continue to be impressed with Stephens and feel that he can develop some creativity, and -- with the wildly optimistic proviso that they're all fit -- would enjoy seeing a midfield three selected from Ince, Stephens, Orlandi and Crofts, especially if we remain in the Championship.
If we get a £2m+ offer for Buckley, I think we'll have to let him go; I would quite like us to invest that in Lingard, who only has a year left on his contract at United.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That said, I continue to be impressed with Stephens and feel that he can develop some creativity, and -- with the wildly optimistic proviso that they're all fit -- would enjoy seeing a midfield three selected from Ince, Stephens, Orlandi and Crofts, especially if we remain in the Championship.

Duoh!....I had forgotten Stephens, a superb player finding his feet....that combo you suggest would make me very happy, as indeed it would the attacking players around them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yeah, but, even fully fit he wouldn't get into the Spurs/Leeds team, would he ?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

I have watched all home, and missed two away games, this is my opinion.
I am talking about a central creative midfielder, somebody of the mould of jack wilshere, lampard. Who can score a goal and attack the box, with a sense of energy. I am not talkung about a wide attacking player.
Orandi plays wide, too light weight, augstein yes the type of player although does not have the engine, jfc!!!!!!, lopez not in the game enough and too light weight, i am talking about somebody with a touch of flair although with an engine to probe and get in the box, lopez, jfc, NO.
Anyway we shall see hey

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Crofts a playmaker... did someone actually say that

Not me, somebody else labelled him creative? I was indicating we need a central creative midfielder with an engine, which crofts is not.
Credit to him though he was on form though.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
and how much will this cost? A Premier ship level player, are you stumping up or expecting TB to?

I have watched all home, and missed two away games, this is my opinion.
I am talking about a central creative midfielder, somebody of the mould of jack wilshere, lampard. Who can score a goal and attack the box, with a sense of energy. I am not talkung about a wide attacking player.
Orandi plays wide, too light weight, augstein yes the type of player although does not have the engine, jfc!!!!!!, lopez not in the game enough and too light weight, i am talking about somebody with a touch of flair although with an engine to probe and get in the box, lopez, jfc, NO.
Anyway we shall see hey

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But of those, we'll all be delighted if Crofts starts next season and I wouldn't really describe him as creative, Orlandi is usually injured and might be somewhere else soon, Agustein is out-of-favour, Lopez out-of-form and probably off in the summer, and JFC is promising but is 'efficient' in his passing as opposed to hurtful to the opposition and needs to score more.
If we get a £2m+ offer for Buckley, I think we'll have to let him go; I would quite like us to invest that in Lingard, who only has a year left on his contract at United.

Does anyone seriously think a) Manure will let him go and b) If they do, he'd sign for a non-prem team ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow has Bolton disappeared from most peoples memories already :lol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Does anyone seriously think a) Manure will let him go and b) If they do, he'd sign for a non-prem team ?

RE a) he's got one year left of his contract in the summer; it's decision-time for Utd; there's no point them keeping him in their reserves for the season; he's 21; he's very good at Championship level; he's not, and never will be I suspect, good enough to make it at the top end of the PL or Champions League, so what are they going to do.
Where would he want to go to in the summer? That's up to him (no doubt, advised by his agent). We're a good offer and, more importantly, he know what our offer is. We shall see.
If we could swap him for Buckley, I know which way I'd lean.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wow has Bolton disappeared from most peoples memories already :lol:

No, it hasn't. However, performances like that only happen 3-4 times a season. The rest of the time he's either injured or coming back from injury.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We will now see the end of season player 'blues'.
The ones who will already be looking for other clubs on the assumption that they will get relegated.
Not giving 100% to the cause because of this and showing no commitment.
I think that Sunderland do have the ability to beat the drop, but it's down to the players to prove it.
Two of their players have been told that their contracts will not be renewed, as will all the top earners, so expect the team to be the second eleven......................................never mind eh.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Will Buckley is the biggest match-winner in our squad. He's the quickest, most threatening and best finisher we have, and probably in the top 5 in our squad in terms of football intelligence.

The main reason he plays for us is because of his injuries. If he was close to being permanently fit he'd be playing in the top flight without any doubt. The boy is a talent. Get 2/3's a season out of him and it's worth it, even half a season and it's probably worth it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will Buckley is the biggest match-winner in our squad. He's the quickest, most threatening and best finisher we have, and probably in the top 5 in our squad in terms of football intelligence.

The main reason he plays for us is because of his injuries. If he was close to being permanently fit he'd be playing in the top flight without any doubt. The boy is a talent. Get 2/3's a season out of him and it's worth it, even half a season and it's probably worth it.

Problem is that he gets injured after about three games of his comebacks and just when he's starting to hit form he gets injured again and is out for another month or so. Fantastic player on his day but those are very few and far between, 5 games a season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here