Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet scouts overseas striker, three or four players required

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
But would he be "expensive"?

No idea, just get to hear bits n bobs from a friend who has dealings with the club. Usually pretty accurate, told me about DK going after Gannon before he was even being touted and usually knows when something is being negotiated. :wink:

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
On wikipedia it says he signed a 2 and a half year contract in Jan 08. So maybe he's available on a free? Probably has signed a new contract since then and it's just not on wikipedia!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Kish plus Hart would be two of the four at little cost, leaving a loan winger and an "expensive striker" or have I missed something ?

that sounds about right to me
Kish can fit in just about anywhere

and so for that matter can Harty

so Lua-Lua on loan or permanent
and a big money forward

then we might just be cooking on Gas

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No idea, just get to hear bits n bobs from a friend who has dealings with the club. Usually pretty accurate, told me about DK going after Gannon before he was even being touted and usually knows when something is being negotiated. :wink:

Yes, but there were a lots of big mouths about in Tight's era, things are a lot more professional now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would Todorov be a good signing or would he be a bit past it now?

Bit injury prone and probably past it.
Niflore would make sense but Gus presumably isn't entirely convinced to go for it at this stage.
What surprises me tbh is that our list of potential strikers has presumably been run through without success and we seem to be grabbing at last minute possibilities.
I would prefer to go back to the likes of Pitman or Le Fondre personally - used to English leagues and proven scorers at league level albeit league 2. Still if we are going to look overseas I would rather europe than south america as they seem to be able to adapt more quickly (bit of a generalism I know).
It worries me that the longer it takes to sign someone the less likely they are to be able to help us hit the ground running.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Bit injury prone and probably past it.
Niflore would make sense but Gus presumably isn't entirely convinced to go for it at this stage.
What surprises me tbh is that our list of potential strikers has presumably been run through without success and we seem to be grabbing at last minute possibilities.
I would prefer to go back to the likes of Pitman or Le Fondre personally - used to English leagues and proven scorers at league level albeit league 2.
Still if we are going to look overseas I would rather europe than south america as they seem to be able to adapt more quickly.
It worries me that the longer it takes to sign someone the less likely they are to be able to help us hit the ground running.

Completely agreed.

We all knew that Forster and Dickinson wouldn't be here this season. We should of been trying to sign a striker late June early July. It's only 2 and a half weeks until the first game and leaving it until after the Portugal tour to get a striker is abit worrying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here