Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet says goodbye

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cheers for a SUPERB 3 years Gus. Good luck.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Nice way to draw a line under events - a great 3 years for the Albion under Gus - anyone who bleats otherwise is just naive about the real world and lives in a candyfloss castle detached from reality by 100mg of DMT.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A sad event for him I imagine

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
He will always be a legend in my eyes and no one on here knows the full story so no one should judge him or the events that happened. He very much managed this club from the bottom up and did a superb job to take us 90mins from Wembley and the Premiership.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
fair-a-****in-nough

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Loved him until it all went sour towards the end, don't begrudge him saying goodbye to the players though

Nope. Seems fair enough. I wonder whether Vicente flew back for the occasion?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. Goodbye Gus. Thank you for 3 great seasons. Shame that your HUGE ego and mouth took over and spoilt the end of your reign. Now, stay away from court (for your own good).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever way you slice it Poyet is in the top 2 managers BHAFC has ever had. Thanks for the memories Gus and good luck with the future.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mullery
Poyet
Gritt
Adams first time
Cattlin
Bailey
McGhee
Bonking Bazza

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Probably took a big man to swallow his pride and arrange that private 'do'. Fair plays to GP, he didn't have to do it. Maybe this whole thing will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him, he always seemed a decent enough bloke but there's no doubting his ego went into unhealthy overdrive at the Albion. A Summer of unemployment may actually have done him some good on that score. I'm sure it will have served as a wake-up call and we'll see him up and working again soon, albeit in a quieter way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hopefully Gus will just let it drop now and we can all move on, put this sorry affair behind us for the benefit of all parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here