Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Can I get my QI NOBODY KNOWS ? paddle & put end to this 20 pages of wild speculation. I for one will wait until Monday.

You will be ignored. You simply have not made enough posts to even be noticed. You have to be at least in four figures before you know what you're talking about. But I hear you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A few years back the company I worked as a manager at the time for lost the contract I was employed on. I had the option of uprooting to Germany with no extra pay or costs, taking redundancy, or taking the only job available with them - which was opening post on a third of the salary I was on. I didn't "try and **** them over", it wasn't their fault. I took the post job as I had a wife and mortgage and couldn't afford the gamble of not getting another job quickly, got my head down, and have since worked my way back up to a position more senior than the one I had in the first place. I'm not telling you this so you can say "bully for you", just illustrating that I'm not wet behind the ears like you seem to think.

In my opinion, this is EXACTLY the right attitude. Even without doing a more senior job then having to start again. The point is gettinf your head down and working hard is how to do well. Not looking for arguments all the time and making sure you aren't seen to be, or perceived to be, walked over.

Head down and get on with it. This post would do well in the binmen thread...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Christ, it seems if anything we have shot ourselves in the foot with the £2.5 Million release clause in Poyet's contract :facepalm:

Would have been better with no clause and just negotiate a fee, if so this could have all been sorted by now and it wouldnt make Poyet well within his rights to demand we pay the full amount.

No clause in the contract then you have no bargaining position to negotiate with another club for a fee. No one would have probably envisaged the end of GPs reign coming in the fashion it has (cue gus lovers proclaiming that he hasn't gone!).

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
According to todays BIG back page article in the Argus Poyet has rejected an offer from the club to sever ties. Guess that puts paid to any suggestion he is coming back

Why would Gus want to stay , without a reasonable budget to spend on players what can he do,Tony bottled it on the river card and Barber is a c*nt, Gus is well out of it.This club is being run by fu*ing monkeys who do not have a f*cking clue

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This club is being run by ****ing monkeys who do not have a clue

The only ****ing monkey who doesn't have a clue is you, my old sport. Now go to bed, you're drunk.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why would Gus want to stay , without a reasonable budget to spend on players what can he do,Tony bottled it on the river card and Barber is a c*nt, Gus is well out of it.This club is being run by fu*ing monkeys who do not have a f*cking clue

Marvellous. Take you read nothing about the new stadium we have, the academy being built, cms, ulloa (two very different players), a host of other, stadium expansion and, whilst I think about it, FFP. Take it you are aware of who financed most of this? Numb nutts now whose the monkey?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Where is your usual McSmudger reference??

You complete tosser for the words above.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Well done mate.

Where have I said that people don't/shouldn't look after themselves? Try actually reading what I post rather than making up whatever random nonsense is floating round in your head please.

A few years back the company I worked as a manager at the time for lost the contract I was employed on. I had the option of uprooting to Germany with no extra pay or costs, taking redundancy, or taking the only job available with them - which was opening post on a third of the salary I was on. I didn't "try and **** them over", it wasn't their fault. I took the post job as I had a wife and mortgage and couldn't afford the gamble of not getting another job quickly, got my head down, and have since worked my way back up to a position more senior than the one I had in the first place. I'm not telling you this so you can say "bully for you", just illustrating that I'm not wet behind the ears like you seem to think.

SingitLoud

Dec 4, 2012
Hove
Me as well . he took us as far as he wanted for the C.V , and then stitched us up at the crucial moment!
The wool was well and truly pulled over our eyes big time. How much damage has this caused ?
Still no mention about the crap on the floor. It makes us look complete idiots. The fans behaved well on that day , and we are rewarded with these shenanigans.So much has been undone , it's unforgiveable! We have gone from looking forward to possible Premiership status , to not knowing who manages us , who's playing for us, losing some of the best additions to the team that got us
that far in the first place, and all those season tickets sold now, to expect what exactly!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Me as well . he took us as far as he wanted for the C.V , and then stitched us up at the crucial moment!
The wool was well and truly pulled over our eyes big time. How much damage has this caused ?
Still no mention about the crap on the floor. It makes us look complete idiots. The fans behaved well on that day , and we are rewarded with these shenanigans.So much has been undone , it's unforgiveable! We have gone from looking forward to possible Premiership status , to not knowing who manages us , who's playing for us, losing some of the best additions to the team that got us
that far in the first place, and all those season tickets sold now, to expect what exactly!!!!

I think the crucial point is Poyet doesn't regard the Albion as a Premier League club. If his ambitions were genuinely to manage in the Premier League then he was 180 minutes or so from realising that dream. With the Albion. Truth is, he sees himself as manager of a TOP Premier League team - which he patently doesn't regard the Albion as - and is confusing the realities of his status as a former player and his status as a current manager. Sorry, but for me he's about as psychologically unfit to be a top football manager as Roy Keane is.

Next stop South America, where they just might tolerate his wild and wacky head-mental ways :wave:

I think the crucial point is Poyet doesn't regard the Albion as a Premier League club. If his ambitions were genuinely to manage in the Premier League then he was 180 minutes or so from realising that dream. With the Albion. Truth is, he sees himself as manager of a TOP Premier League team - which he patently doesn't regard the Albion as - and is confusing the realities of his status as a former player and his status as a current manager. Sorry, but for me he's about as psychologically unfit to be a top football manager as Roy Keane is.

Next stop South America, where they just might tolerate his wild and wacky head-mental ways :wave:

This! That is all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Very True.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
1. PUBLICLY Whored himself to every possible club whilst managing OUR club.
2. Minutes after blowing a play off semi final publicly announcing he has no intention of staying unless we bow to HIS player budget demands despite having a lengthy contract.

publically whored as in ' I would like to manage Chelsea one day', 'I enjoyed my time at Leeds and maybe I'll come back one day, who knows?'. Whats the problem with that, why do people expect managers to be these machines toeing the party line? Its usually fake and dull. If you want a diehard Albion fan as manager, I'll do the job, and I guarantee I'll never quit and always refer to Palace as fairies.

Main thing is, he's still our manager and has TURNED DOWN approaches from Reading and by all accounts other clubs too saying he had unfinished business at Brighton. Which is a darn sight better than say, Coppell, who found it 'really hard to leave' but still ****ed of to Reading, or Adams, who always 'kept the faith' but then pissed off to the premier league as assistant the first chance he got, or Horton, who left as soon as a 'bigger' offer came in (Port Vale was it?), or Taylor, who took the glory but quit because the transfer budget wasn't big enough. They all had nice press conferences but actually quit when the bigger job came calling, Poyet might say it how sees it but at least he's still here.

Well not for much longer evidently, which is a massive shame.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't quite see it that way. I'm not quite in the world of exaggerations and desperation for finding a villain, so instead i'll have nothing but respect and gratitude for where we got to - of a season i intend to remember once this gaping hole is filled with the astonishment i felt through pretty much all of it - and a little hope that the club get this mess over with so we can move on and have the chance of mirroring some of the amazements and even going beyond them with a new intercontinental rapscallion.

nicely put imho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports