Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Aug 23, 2011
If my company suspended me I'd do the best I could to f*ck them over. Indeed the company that put me through redundancy saw me f*ck them over the best I could ! Don't blame Poyet at all if he's doing the same.

Even If poyet wanted to **** the club I very much doubt he is doing anything but following his legal advice. He is very well paid snd would have put the lawyers in charge. No doubt this is being kicked from one legal team to the other and in my, albeit limited, experience lawyers never seem to be in a rush to get anything done ( no offence intended to any lawyers on here - I do appreciate that you have to make sure everything is triple checked and watertight)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If my company suspended me I'd do the best I could to f*ck them over. Indeed the company that put me through redundancy saw me f*ck them over the best I could ! Don't blame Poyet at all if he's doing the same.

Well done to you. So you were made redundant eh? That's a shame but we're in a recession, it happens. I'm sure those left at your previous company were thrilled to bits that you ****ed their employer over, thus likely putting their jobs at more jeopardy too. Or is that just a load of posturing bullshit? I'd definitely not let you anywhere near my business, and that's not tongue in cheek.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done to you. So you were made redundant eh? That's a shame but we're in a recession, it happens. I'm sure those left at your previous company were thrilled to bits that you ****ed their employer over, thus likely putting their jobs at more jeopardy too. Or is that just a load of posturing bullshit? I'd definitely not let you anywhere near my business, and that's not tongue in cheek.

He was not made redundant he was suspended with massive impact on his reputation so I can understand why he is playing hardball now.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He was not made redundant he was suspended with massive impact on his reputation so I can understand why he is playing hardball now.

I know that, I was talking about Westdene's situation. And it's only a 'massive impact' on his reputation if he's found guilty, which may or may not happen, and even then I think you're exaggerating again. Honestly, you drama queens!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I know that, I was talking about Westdene's situation. And it's only a 'massive impact' on his reputation if he's found guilty, which may or may not happen, and even then I think you're exaggerating again. Honestly, you drama queens!

Poyet was MORTIFIED re the shit and wanted assurances from Bloom the next day it would in no way reflect on his reputation. This is a wild stab but I think for Poyet, reputation is all. That is why we are in this position, he feels his reputation has been damaged by this affair and I think why he is playing hardball now.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Poyet was MORTIFIED re the shit and wanted assurances from Bloom the next day it would in no way reflect on his reputation. This is a wild stab but I think for Poyet, reputation is all. That is why we are in this position, he feels his reputation has been damaged by this affair and I think why he is playing hardball now.

I'm not going to even ask how you know the first bit, but yes, I'm sure he was far from happy. And I see nothing wrong in playing hardball as he's looking after his interests as anyone would do. That's a long way from trying to "****" BHA over though isn't it?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Where do you get this stuff from?
Do you randomly select a sentence from the collective works of a billion frantically typing chimps?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Poyet tarnished his own reputation throughout the footballing community with his support for Suarez.....he did that all on his own.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Where do you get this stuff from?
Do you randomly select a sentence from the collective works of a billion frantically typing chimps?
US is right, the reputation bit was mentioned in the leaked email that Poyet sent to all the club's employees.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Certainly.

Nobody knows anything other than that 3 members of staff have been suspended, one of whom has been reinstated. But why nobody knows except the people directly involved and they are not telling.

But that doesn't stop anyone from having an opinion, including me.

So practically nothing we didn't know already, cheers anyway :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Thanks to employing a lawyer I got double what my company were offering in redundancy, my costs and some extras - couldn't give a f*ck what other people thought that kept their job or what the company directors thought - why the hell should I suffer for them ? I suspect Gus feels the same and rightly so.

EDIT - if you're really daft enough not to look after yourself then you'll get trodden all over by your company. Always look after yourself limited.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thanks to employing a lawyer I got double what my company were offering in redundancy, my costs and some extras - couldn't give a f*ck what other people thought that kept their job or what the company directors thought - why the hell should I suffer for them ? I suspect Gus feels the same and rightly so.

Again, good for you, but that's hardly ****ing your employer over is it? That's just standard negotiating and compromise. I'm sure, underneath the macho bravado, you did feel something for your colleagues left behind. Unless you really are that heartless, in which case you weren't likely to be anywhere near the top of their Christmas card lists anyway and they probably threw a party.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Depends who your employer is. You sound very bitter.

Yes so bitter that I went back a few years later ! If you seriously think that anyone suspended or made redundant doesn't just look after themselves then you clearly live on another planet or are somewhat soft.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yes so bitter that I went back a few years later ! If you seriously think that anyone suspended or made redundant doesn't just look after themselves then you clearly live on another planet or are somewhat soft.

Where have I said that people don't/shouldn't look after themselves? Try actually reading what I post rather than making up whatever random nonsense is floating round in your head please.

A few years back the company I worked as a manager at the time for lost the contract I was employed on. I had the option of uprooting to Germany with no extra pay or costs, taking redundancy, or taking the only job available with them - which was opening post on a third of the salary I was on. I didn't "try and **** them over", it wasn't their fault. I took the post job as I had a wife and mortgage and couldn't afford the gamble of not getting another job quickly, got my head down, and have since worked my way back up to a position more senior than the one I had in the first place. I'm not telling you this so you can say "bully for you", just illustrating that I'm not wet behind the ears like you seem to think.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here