Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet REJECTS offer to quit the Albion

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really? I'm glad you're not one of my staff.

You are being niaive if you think being suspended will not make some people very bitter especially if they feel and subsequently prove it was not justified.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
" This is my opinion only and I may or may not be right "

You can make up your own facts, and base your opinion on them, but if you're "right", please would you guess tonight's lottery numbers for me?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I am sure the fact Poyet was suspended he will see that as a huge insult to his reputation so unless there is something 100% surefire the club can hang their hat on with regard to employment law Gus knows he may have us by the nuts.

Barber disclaimer.
" This is my opinion and may or may not be right "

If he does then he's an idiot who understands nothing about employment contracts and etiquette. This I doubt. Suspensions are enforced to protect both parties whilst an investigation is undertaken. Stop with the emotive rubbish please.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Is that fact though or more rumour and hear say?

All I have to go on is what was reported, that Tony Bloom dealt with the retained list as Poyet refused to do so.
For all the slagging off that Andy Naylor and co get on here, mis-reporting of that magnitude would see him banned from the Amex and looking for another job, I would imagine!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Put him on gardening leave.
We continue to pay him his monthly salary rather than a lump sum so we do not lose a lump of our football budget.
Get Oscar in.
Once the season starts Poyet will get an offer and we are shot of him.
Just a shame that it had to end like this.

If he is getting paid, then how about just changing his duties a bit. Maybe a spot of bog cleaning might make him understand that someone has to clean up the crap left behind.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You are being niaive if you think being suspended will not make some people very bitter especially if they feel and subsequently prove it was not justified.

No, I'm not naive, but you are coming across like someone who's feeling hard done by themselves and therefore can't speak objectively.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If he does then he's an idiot who understands nothing about employment contracts and etiquette. This I doubt. Suspensions are enforced to protect both parties whilst an investigation is undertaken. Stop with the emotive rubbish please.

I will post what I feel my opinions are thank you. Likewise you can do the same, It is a forum where people exchange views and not follow a party line and when it stops doing that NSC may as well close down.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, I'm not naive, but you are coming across like someone who's feeling hard done by themselves and therefore can't speak objectively.

Conjecture, speculation, no proof. Withdraw this now !

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I will post what I feel my opinions are thank you. Likewise you can do the same, It is a forum where people exchange views and not follow a party line and when it stops doing that NSC may as well close down.

Keep your knickers on. Where have I said you can't post anything? I just happen to think what you've posted is emotive bollocks that has no bearing on this subject.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can make up your own facts, and base your opinion on them, but if you're "right", please would you guess tonight's lottery numbers for me?

1 17 21 29 42 46

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Keep your knickers on. Where have I said you can't post anything? I just happen to think what you've posted is emotive bollocks that has no bearing on this subject.

And I disagree that is how it works. And we are talking about Gus here and emotive is his middle name.

Yoda

English & European
What is Gus susposed to have done except an ill judged post match speech ? What is it exactly that he has done that is so bad the club felt their hand was so strong they could suspend him and the team ?

Err! Not doing their jobs by refusing to deal with the players out of contract maybe?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
hypothetically of course, if he was offered 1.5million to leave 3/4 weeks ago he would be mad not to accept it and try and hold out for the 2.5million contract pay off. But there again Gus could be a little bit potty.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Err! Not doing their jobs by refusing to deal with the players out of contract maybe?

It appears this was not enough to so far nail the suspension. Why are we offering " pay offs " at all if the clubs hand is so strong ? I just want it ended and a new manager in now, it is all becoming very concerning.

On the assumption that the club either are now convinced they don't have a case for dismissal of Gus without paying up his contract, or think they do but are unwilling to do so because of the inevitable court case that would follow, then I think there is realistically only one likely outcome.

Gus' contract cancelled by mutual consent. No payment for loss of office for Gus, no compensation for the club. Both parties move on.

Both parties will lose if this is not sorted quickly but the club will lose more. Yes Gus's future employment potential might be damaged but how many football club Chairman are likely to say we don't want Gus because there may be an issue with him. They will look at what he has achieved with us, OK they might ask him some searching questions, but I'm sure he won't have much problem finding another job. Maybe not at the level he was maybe hoping for, but if he's successful again then he will soon reach that level.

I think Gus holds better cards than TB, and if that's true TB will know that. And if one person knows when to fold a losing hand it's TB.

I strongly suspect this will all be sorted on Monday, but it may well take a few more days for the outcome to be made public. And then it will be without any details.

But quite where all this leaves Charlie I have no idea. It sounds like he may be a separate kettle of fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here