Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll state again, we are very much a work in progress.

Course we're a ruddy work in progress at THIS level, it was a team of mostly League One players out there this year! Give Gus a BIT of a chance!

First thing he's done in the Champ is make us largely hard to beat. Considering the players at his disposal and the wage budget, he's done this superbly.

During the League One Championship season we played some SUBLIME passing football. That will come at this level, it's just a matter of getting players in who can play the way Gus wants, at a higher tempo.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Spain have always tried to play a passing game but they have only won two tournaments in the last 40 years, both in the last 4 years.

I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. The current European and World Champions and you're saying they've 'only' won?

Plus, Spain have always played good football but the passing game that they use to such great effect now IS a relatively recent development. they haven't always played the tiki-taka style. Which is one reason why the term itself is a relatively new one.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I moving ever closer to the stage where I hope Gus goes. So much hysteria, press coverage and diabolical mathematics when a vacancy pops up.

suck it up Bunsen Honeydew, surely by now we're all used to this bollocks every time a "higher rated" manager's role is up for grabs - Gus is going nowhere other than forward with the Albion to the EPL on The Gus Bus, end of, IMHO.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Solbakken to be named Wolves' new manager this morning which suggests (to me) that Gus isn't quite ready for a 'big move' just yet.

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I moving ever closer to the stage where I hope Gus goes. So much hysteria, press coverage and diabolical mathematics when a vacancy pops up.

No, don't cave into to the numpties! If you take out the hysterical responses on NSC about Gus being desperate to leave, and the 'article' by a Palace eejit, then most people speak sense about the situation.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hehe its laughable people worrying about Gus going, hes going to get linked with every job, as he is doing so well for us.

If he was not being linked with jobs i would be more concerned.

Enjoy him while he is here.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Had a quick glance at the back page of The Argus this morning and there is a story with Charlie Oatway saying we should be prepared for a summer of speculation but he thinks Gus is here for the long haul. As Charlie works closely with Gus everyday I'd think he'd have a fair idea of if Gus was happy or if he was looking for a move. Of course Gus could play his cards very close to his chest and Charlie and other back-room staff may not have any idea what he's thinking.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
The Palace eejit who wrote the Daily Mail article was interviewed on local bbc radio this morning,... it's nothing but his own misguided conjecture that Gus will be off to one off the three Midlands teams mentioned. I really can't be bothered to even worry about Gus going, I honestly think that he wants to finish what he's started with us, of course he will go at some point but whats the point in all of the binfest until that happens, if and when he does move on to other projects he will be handing the reins of a very well organised and financially secure club with a fantastic fanbase and a bloody good future for another manager to take us forward

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
The Palace eejit who wrote the Daily Mail article was interviewed on local bbc radio this morning,... it's nothing but his own misguided conjecture that Gus will be off to one off the three Midlands teams mentioned. I really can't be bothered to even worry about Gus going, I honestly think that he wants to finish what he's started with us, of course he will go at some point but whats the point in all of the binfest until that happens, if and when he does move on to other projects he will be handing the reins of a very well organised and financially secure club with a fantastic fanbase and a bloody good future for another manager to take us forward

100% this!!!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I bet Gus feels a bit silly now, he's quit Brighton on the basis that he's sure to get one of these three other jobs, then one go and appoint someone else. I bet he's getting nervous about whether he made the right decision, quitting Brighton like that. Like he has.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. The current European and World Champions and you're saying they've 'only' won?

Plus, Spain have always played good football but the passing game that they use to such great effect now IS a relatively recent development. they haven't always played the tiki-taka style. Which is one reason why the term itself is a relatively new one.

What are you on? Did I miss something? Were they awarded additional trophies because they played great football? The won two tournaments which also coincides with the emergence of Iniesta and Xavi who are also both key to Barcelona. If they have players coming through that can play to the same high standard as those two then they may well go on to be as successful as the likes of Germany and Italy have been. Everyone seemed to be doing the same about France at the turn of the century (although not the same style of football) and that they had the production line of Clairefontaine to maintain that. What have they won since?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here