Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet "on the verge of quitting Brighton"

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We know, and it was f***ing tedious by the fourth rendition - never mind the subsequent 996 airings.

Not as tedious as your blind faith, and hero worship..Cant wait to see what you say when he goes..I suppose it will be everyone fault from Bloom to the tea boy and a few on here, mostly myself lol..Because its as sure as shit, you will back whatever he says.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody can ever under rate what McGhee achieved keeping us in the Championship but what Gus has done is part of the rebuilding process and as he said many times last season we are not ready for the Premier League and it is work in progress.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Gus can knock all these rumours on the head and make his position absolutely clear by making a public statement to the effect that he would not be prepared to leave Brighton unless he was offered a job by one of the top 6 teams in the Premiership. It would be very easy to make such a statement but I doubt he'll do so. As to whether he is with us next season, I suspect a lot will ride on whether he gets a better offer and how discussions with the Chairman pan out over next season's transfer budget. I'd like Gus to stay but if he is going to leave I'd rather he left quickly. The current uncertainty is unsettling as well as unnerving although Gus is probably revelling in all the attention - and as a young, relatively sucessful manager, why not?

This....lack of funds (lol) and the training ground not being ready soon enough will be his parting excuse.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Gus can knock all these rumours on the head and make his position absolutely clear by making a public statement to the effect that he would not be prepared to leave Brighton unless he was offered a job by one of the top 6 teams in the Premiership. It would be very easy to make such a statement but I doubt he'll do so. As to whether he is with us next season, I suspect a lot will ride on whether he gets a better offer and how discussions with the Chairman pan out over next season's transfer budget. I'd like Gus to stay but if he is going to leave I'd rather he left quickly. The current uncertainty is unsettling as well as unnerving although Gus is probably revelling in all the attention - and as a young, relatively sucessful manager, why not?

I think you must be incredibly niaive to imagine that Poyet, or for that matter any manager, is going to insult potential future employers. Everything could go pearshaped next year and he could fall out with Bloom. Which of the 14 smaller EPL clubs are going to employ someone who has already implied he is too good for them. The chairman might but the supporters would never let him forget it. The problem is that when ever there is a vacancy or manager under threat then the press and bookies will make their own lists up and unfortunately there will be foolish people that post it on a thread and within minutes everyone then seems to read it as fact rather than fiction.

Zeb...personally i wouldn't want my manager to b answering every bit of newspaper tittle tattle ...i don't feel its unsettling at all..if peeps want to take this kinda of talk seriously well thats there problem ...as regards to him revelling in the attention i doubt very much whether he takes much notice of something written in the daily mail

This.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The training ground or acadaemy that is all Poyets idea and dreams for the future of BHA.[/QUOTE

His idea lol....nothing to do with anyone else then,,,unbelievable.

He was the first manager that ever suggested that as the route forward taking guidance from his experience at Chelsea and Tottenham and it is from his insistence on it that the whole project has evolved. Yes possibly because opviously no other manager had a chairman with the foresight or finance to back such an idea but you cannot take that away from Gus.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The training ground or acadaemy that is all Poyets idea and dreams for the future of BHA.[/QUOTE

His idea lol....nothing to do with anyone else then,,,unbelievable.

:facepalm:

When I said you're ignorant, it wasn't an invitation to continue proving it.

Poyet had a massive say in the facilities and requirements at the training ground. It's not BG's fault if you find that unbelievable.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Playing budgets will be very different over the next couple of years-anybody with half a brain (current managers and chairmen) will be building squads that will allow their clubs to operate under the new rules without off-loading half of their players.

This uncertainty has been generated by a palace twat writing in one of the world's worst newspapers. One more reason to avoid the rag that isn't even good enough to line a parrot's cage.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not as tedious as your blind faith, and hero worship..Cant wait to see what you say when he goes..I suppose it will be everyone fault from Bloom to the tea boy and a few on here, mostly myself lol..Because its as sure as shit, you will back whatever he says.

The thing is, Gus gets devotion because he has a plan and a vision which the club are sharing, which has also delivered short term success. By putting the right coaching and systems in place from the kids up to the first team, the club is establishing a style and ethos that will attract good players i.e. Vicente, good coaches, and if Gus does go, a new manager that fits with this vision for the club i.e. hopefully we will never be in the position that West Ham are in where the club appoint a manager that goes against the established grain of what the football club is about.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The thing is, Gus gets devotion because he has a plan and a vision which the club are sharing, which has also delivered short term success. By putting the right coaching and systems in place from the kids up to the first team, the club is establishing a style and ethos that will attract good players i.e. Vicente, good coaches, and if Gus does go, a new manager that fits with this vision for the club i.e. hopefully we will never be in the position that West Ham are in where the club appoint a manager that goes against the established grain of what the football club is about.

A point so painfully obvious, it's almost a tragedy it has to be made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you look at the video I posted yesterday, he says pretty much that. It's just that shit papers and nervous supporters choose to ignore it. I know who I would beleave Gus using his own words in a video or some crap reporter re-hashing stuff that has been posted on the web by the worthing herald or what ever that paper is for the last week or so. There is nothing new in that article. If he leaves I will be gutted, but I don't think he will. Not yet anyway.

Wouldn't it be tedious if he had to put out a statement every time some bored two-bit hack needing to justify his expenses cobbled something together to fill an otherwise blank space in their shitrag?

What benefit would it serve, about from relieving some insecure fans of their self-perpetuating anxieties for five minutes - until either another 'story' gets re-cycled, or indeed, the fan(s) in question looks to pore over every nuance in the statement and fret 'yes, but what if...?'

You could spin yourself silly if you did that.

Wise words. Gus has also stated that he will not apply for jobs but if a club approached him then he would consider their offers. There is nothing to suggest that any of the clubs named would approach him as he doesn't have enough experience yet imo. He's only had one season in the Championship so far. He has another 3 years on his contract so it would mean a fair bit of compensation to get him. I think it was 2M when Wolves enquired which put them off immediately. There are unemployed Prem experienced managers out of work at present who could do a job. It's a slow news day for sport.
When he goes eventually I would trust Tony Bloom to get a good manager in to replace him.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If he goes, he goes. Not the end of the world. I believe we're now a good enough club with good enough prospects to attract an excellent replacement.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

One day you'll be correct that Poyet will leave - maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or maybe next year. But one day you will be right.

Even those who said that Ferguson will leave Utd (back in 1990) will one day be correct.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If he goes, he goes. Not the end of the world. I believe we're now a good enough club with good enough prospects to attract an excellent replacement.

Agree with this, and that Mr Bloom will be very professional in appointing a new manager.

But i also think it will take a lot more than what is under discussion here to tempt Gus away. He is in a good situation as a manager in that he is developing things as he wants them alongside a sensible chairman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here