Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on MOTD

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He can give his expert insight into how to break down a shoddily put together Crystal Palace side.

Or rather give excuses as to why you lost to one and say that that club "keeps hitting the roof". I imagine the BBC will go on about how we "sacked him on live TV" for a couple of weeks, but it should make a change as Gus knows what hes talking about....usually.

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
Gus was great for us. id love him to get a manager job in the prem playing palarse again or the champ playing us.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Good.

I love Gus. He's an entertainer, and was one of the best managers I have ever seen at the Albion. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL football.

As far as being a pundit is concerned, he will tell it how it is, that's what he does. Should be top entertainment.

This.

I liked Gus as a manager and I liked him as an entertainer and as a speaker. It all went tits up at the end but let's not forget what he did for us while he was here.

It's time to move on, for me he's a past manager that did well for us. I am very pleased with the signing of Oscar as his replacement but that doesn't mean I'm going to siddeny start disliking Gus. I hope he is successful as a pundit, given the sort of interviews he did when he was with us, and the way he could hold a crowd ("We are fcking brilliant") he should do well on the telly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Going to be on the first goals on sunday this season, too. On sky sports.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
MOTD, that's the program I've always recorded for the last 20 odd years so I can fast-forward when those bloody boring so- called experts come on to tell me how the game was after I've just watched it. Change the panel as much as you like, they will still state the bleedy olbivous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Should be interesting, what with Palace being on MOTD.

How long will he get away with saying "ees sheet" when talking about the Palace defence before the BBC realise what he means.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why would anybody expect Poyet to have feelings one way or the other about Palace?

He has no lifelong Albion connection, it was always just a job to him, and beating Palace meant no more or less than beating any other team.

Screwing up against them in the play offs won't make a blind bit of difference. When Holloway is binned (December?) Gus will offer his services, I'd be amazed if he didn't.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
could be tricky?

the next time saurez decides to start eating someone

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good luck to him with this, but I don't think he comes over that well as a pundit. He was a pundit on a Chelsea game last season and all he said was it’s about making the right decisions and not making the wrong decision, and that it’s all about decision making. He may do well but he looked out of his depth to me.

This is a half time team talk and I haven’t got a clue what he is trying to say to the players or what the second half instructions are?

The players obviously understood him because that is at Jerez. We won that game 6-0.

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the tv. He is knowleagable and entertaining.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would anybody expect Poyet to have feelings one way or the other about Palace?

He has no lifelong Albion connection, it was always just a job to him, and beating Palace meant no more or less than beating any other team.

Screwing up against them in the play offs won't make a blind bit of difference. When Holloway is binned (December?) Gus will offer his services, I'd be amazed if he didn't.

Completely disagree. He will always loathe them. He is a man of passion. This 'no loyalty in football' is a bollox saying and isn't true. Many aren't loyal, but some do feel a connection and have some loyalty. I'm not saying Gus necessarily feels something for the Albion still after the messy divorce. But I'm pretty sure he'll still dispise palace and won't consider managing them ever...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Completely disagree. He will always loathe them. He is a man of passion. This 'no loyalty in football' is a bollox saying and isn't true. Many aren't loyal, but some do feel a connection and have some loyalty. I'm not saying Gus necessarily feels something for the Albion still after the messy divorce. But I'm pretty sure he'll still dispise palace and won't consider managing them ever...

Alan Mullery...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This.

I liked Gus as a manager and I liked him as an entertainer and as a speaker. It all went tits up at the end but let's not forget what he did for us while he was here.

It's time to move on, for me he's a past manager that did well for us. I am very pleased with the signing of Oscar as his replacement but that doesn't mean I'm going to siddeny start disliking Gus. I hope he is successful as a pundit, given the sort of interviews he did when he was with us, and the way he could hold a crowd ("We are fcking brilliant") he should do well on the telly.
This - I was sorry to see him go, especially the manner of his going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here