Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on MOTD

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At least he can crap on about Chelsea endlessly without annoying a few thousand people now.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
On until the Leeds, or Chelsea, or __________ (enter failing Premier club here) job comes up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good.

I love Gus. He's an entertainer, and was one of the best managers I have ever seen at the Albion. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL football.

As far as being a pundit is concerned, he will tell it how it is, that's what he does. Should be top entertainment.

This. A sensible voice of reason amongst the usual drivel.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Good luck to him with this, but I don't think he comes over that well as a pundit. He was a pundit on a Chelsea game last season and all he said was it’s about making the right decisions and not making the wrong decision, and that it’s all about decision making. He may do well but he looked out of his depth to me.

This is a half time team talk and I haven’t got a clue what he is trying to say to the players or what the second half instructions are?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent I like listening to him and any touting won't have me wetting my bed now :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Almost the entire thread has been positive about Gus as a pundit on MotD.

Mellotron perceives negatives in comments about Gus most of the time, it's a hero worship thing I think.

BTW I DO like Gus!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Almost the entire thread has been positive about Gus as a pundit on MotD.

Mellotron perceives negatives in comments about Gus most of the time, it's a hero worship thing I think.

BTW I DO like Gus!!

Bleh, I was lazy and skimmed it, apologies. He's not my hero, he was a very, very good manager who's now moved on.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
when any PL manager gets sacked on a saturday now he can tout himself staight away live on air

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
He can give his expert insight into how to break down a shoddily put together Crystal Palace side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here