Poyet NOT to Reading thread

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
keep-calm-gus-is-staying.png

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I guess that's a little unfair but I meant it as a compliment - as in he's made you a stable Championship side and not one that came up and struggled to hold their own.

Like Poyet as a man and manager just don't see it as a step up to what we already had.

Fair enough. Couldn't understand the sacking of BM myself...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from Mr Optimist over on Hob Nob

Just been looking at NSC and those Brighton fans think they are a massive club don't they, much bigger than Reading.

Truth is they have won no major honours in their history, joined the league around the same time as us, spent most of their time in the third tier of English football and have spent one whole season more than us playing in the top flight.

Deloluded.

Actually Mr Optimist

In the Southern League Brighton and Hove Albion won their only national honour to date, the FA Charity Shield, by defeating Football League Champions Aston Villa in 1910

and one kick away from winning the FA Cup! :D

ps, what is 'deloluded'?? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Me too.
Some on here have clearly forgotten how much stick we gave him last season! Was it out of jealousy? Mmmm

Last season? You should've seen nsc During the 'if they can keep up' season..!

Between The Lines

Feb 15, 2013
Hove
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Im not a Brighton fan and clearly Poyet won't be leaving to join Reading.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Thing is with Poyet it is not about personal money it is about promotion.

He clearly feels we will not this year and with Readings parachute money he will have a much better chance of it next year with them than us.

He is desperate for a cv with a promotion. I think it just depends now on whether the ruskie owner and him see eye to eye.

Think he is gone myself.

Benitez anyone ?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym

He clearly feels we will not this year and with Readings parachute money he will have a much better chance of it next year with them than us.

He is desperate for a cv with a promotion. I think it just depends now on whether the ruskie owner and him see eye to eye.

Think he is gone myself.

Benitez anyone ?

What would be the cost of getting him out of Chelski though

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
SSN seemed to have removed the word "overwhelming" and he is now just "the new favourite"

[MENTION=22229]Football[/MENTION]_tweet on Twitter have just deleted their tweet about Gus being "set to join Reading". No idea who they are, but a fair few media people follow them...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

Think he is gone myself.

Benitez anyone ?

I expect Bolton, wolves and Blackburn were pretty confident that the parachute payments would see thm straight back up too....

Not quite that easy.

YES TO BENITEZ

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Benitez anyone ?

Now I like Poyet, but I'd love Benitez to be our manager. That would continue with the Spanish theme rather well and a name like that could attract more quality continental flair. Only problem is I can't see it happening in a million years.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
"The Albion manager admitted: "This is a day to stop time and stay here forever. I'd like to finish a season like this."
He added: "If you need to leave, your last game at the football club, this is the perfect way to leave and to finish a career.
"After the day we went up, because that was unique, this is the best day (as Albion manager) no doubt by far."

From Argus report other day......................

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Gus now odds against on Betfair and has drifted in the odds. Adkins is now as short as 7-4. Good news. Of more concern is why TB granted Gus permission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here