Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He has always been going to leave but the timing and Reading would be a very strange choice. I think it could be a bargaining chip from Poyet for more money for the loan striker, larger transfer budget for next season or better contract.

Dangerous game .... Wouldn't try and outfox TB

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
odd on Stan james
Nigel Adkins
3/1
Alan Curbishley
5/1
Steve McClaren
6/1
Paolo Di Canio
6/1
Steve Coppell
10/1
Neil Warnock
12/1
Roberto Di Matteo
12/1
Mark Hughes
12/1
Owen Coyle
12/1
Gareth Southgate
14/1
Karl Robinson
16/1
Uwe Rosler
16/1
Paul Jewell
16/1
Eddie Howe
16/1
Dennis Wise
16/1
Glenn Hoddle
20/1
Harry Redknapp
20/1
Ray Wilkins
25/1
Michael Appleton
25/1
Iain Dowie
25/1
Dean Wilkins
33/1
Alex Mcleish
20/1
Terry Butcher
20/1
Paul Dickov
28/1
Alan Shearer
20/1
Nicky Forster
33/1

This list is interesting as it's the list we'll be choosing from soon!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So BHAFC have given Reading permission to speak to Gus, it doesn't mean that Gus wants to talk to them at all.

Gus picks up the phone

"Hello this is Reading, would you be interested in the vacant managers post here"

Gus "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha **** off, goodbye"

Matter closed

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I honestly would be dumbfounded if gus goes to reading. Why would he? Training ground on way, they are v likely to be relegated. Would be crazy to go

The Giant Bolster

Apr 18, 2012
Are we really to take this seriously?

Was Gus looking up at the West Stand as we romped to victory on Sunday really him taking in the atmosphere of his last game in charge?

I'm a little surprised no one seem that bothered at the prospect of Gus going. I for one will be totally gutted.

Perfect way for him to go - he said it himself!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So Reading would splash the cash next season ? To get into a league they could have stayed in if they had spent this season ?

Don't see the appeal for Gus to be honest.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Has the "GUS Bus " reached its final destination with us .. i hope not !

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
my money would be on Glenn Hoddle... speculation i Know but I heard last year that he would be very interested in the position should Gus move on, wether he would get it of course is another matter

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He has always been going to leave but the timing and Reading would be a very strange choice. I think it could be a bargaining chip from Poyet for more money for the loan striker, larger transfer budget for next season or better contract.

Working on the massive assumption that Gus currently knows anything about it

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I honestly would be dumbfounded if gus goes to reading. Why would he? Training ground on way, they are v likely to be relegated. Would be crazy to go

They already have a training ground (I think anyway) and will have a bucket load of cash + rich owner when they come down. If he can (somehow) keep them up his stock will rise a lot as well

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
I hate how the media and programmes such as The Football League Show have managed to convince people Karl Robinson is a good manager. He's spent loads for a League 1 club and the turnover of players there has been hefty too. When you look at some of the sides above them and the budgets they have, he gets so much undeserved credit.

From an outsider looking in, considering your position, stature and potential, if Poyet was to leave, Nigel Adkins would be a very good shout. He's done two great jobs at Scunny and Southampton. I think you're in a position to really kick on and become a Premiership club at some point in the non-too-distant future, he'd be great to help make that step in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports