Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He probably never considered it - probably just an action to get TB to give him a better budget/contract

Well if that's the case, the likes of you & me will be financing it next season. I personally think such a move would hardly suggest all's rosey between the manager & the chairman if that's how GP seeks to get his way, but that's just my opinion.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
There is something in it. He has gone from 1-4 to almost 5-2 on Betfair in the space of an hour. Looks like he is staying.

thats because there is someone monitoring UK football news and no doubt this message board and as soon as the news came out that person would try to drop the Adkins odds to save money at exactly the same time people try and beat the price with their bet. As said before in such markets only a small amount of bets can change things quickly and drastically.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My guess covering his bases if we don't go up

A little sign to premier (cough......Chelsea) clubs that if they want a new manager in the summer Gus would be interested in the 'right' offer

Well that would hardly come as a big surprise...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Joe Scoles ‏@scolesyboy 42s
the argus has released the story on their website Poyet to stay

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BBC Sussex Sport ‏@BBCSussexSport 1m
BBC Sussex understands that Gus Poyet is staying at the club, and will take charge of the Nottingham Forest game #bhafc

Jimmy Grimble

Someone tweet the journos who were hailing it as an all but done deal.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We don't know for sure that he did. Even if he did speak to them, it might have just been a bluff to get more funds (not that I think TB would have blinked).

True, but the media speculation & the deathly silence eminating from the club strongly suggest that discussions cetainly were taking place. I think we all need to stand by for more of the same in the not-too-distant, although I could handle it if it wasn't at such a goddam critical time for our club. Hey bleedin' ho.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
A friend has just seen a member of the coaching staff in the Park View, and he was told that Gus isnt going, and it was never seriously considered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports