Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet During Our Penalty

Has a hint of 'playing to the gallery' about it.

Would prefer he focused 100% on pivitol moments in the match rather than entertaining the crowd. Would never see Ferguson or Wenger doing this.

But he's not Ferguson or Wenger, so what?
He can watch the video playback over and over, and look at his players taking them in training - again so what?
He knows it's a pen, and for those few seconds it's simply ball in net, or ...not. I can't personally relate to not watching it, but as for 'focussing' I don't think it'll change the price of bacon if he accedes to this one alergic reaction - call it 'manager's perogative'

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Poyet seemed to be very excitable before the game too
Acknowledging the South Stand just before kick-off he was clapping wildly with great tempo with a childlike grin on his face
Very refreshing

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Wenger went Pat-Cash-climb-about in the Old Tafford stands that time!! Equally playing to the crowd!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
NSC would have ripped Poyet to shreds if it had backfired. It was just unprofessional.

Oh please, that wouldn't happen. If it does, anyone who rips poyet to shreds for not looking during a penalty, especially if arguing it backfired, should have their computers taken away from them, and not be allowed near sharp objects in case they hurt themselves.

Gus is definitely a quality manager. It is this kind of humour that sets him apart from others and makes him my favourite manager and I hope he stays with the club for years to come.

I absolutely LOVE that man

Can we make it a rule that all future managers have to be a wee bit unhinged south americans who demand to play flair football. Better than dour scotsmen or "dull but triers" englishmen.

If we win, we win with style, if we loose we do so with panache - so long as we win stylishy more than we loose panachely.

Absolute class that man.

This. To all of the above.

:love:

Should we just set up a big Gus love-in thread that you post in every time you get the urge to declare Gus Love. eg. after watching his interviews on Player, or reading his latest comments. see how many posts/pages it gets by the end of the season...

Gus Love Rules OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here