Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I was on the track at the time, not sure how I missed it. He's CLASS

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Has a hint of 'playing to the gallery' about it.

Would prefer he focused 100% on pivitol moments in the match rather than entertaining the crowd. Would never see Ferguson or Wenger doing this.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

Would prefer he focused 100% on pivitol moments in the match rather than entertaining the crowd. Would never see Ferguson or Wenger doing this.

I can see your point but I think it shows he has a relationship with the fans which can only be a good thing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Give over. We've had rotten luck with penalties, and perhaps he was taking a page out of steve bruce's book by not watching.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Ferguson and Wenger "wouldn't have seen it", and would have blamed the referee for deliberately inciting their players to answer back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why? How is Gus concentrating going to help our boy on the spot score a pen? There's NOTHING he can do at that particular point.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I really hope you're joking... He said in the interview he couldn't watch and walked round the side of the dug outs.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
well you cant blame him with our recent record with penaltys.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hope most of the south stand saw this...

During our penalty, Poyet went BEHIND the dugout and faced the southstand, covering his eyes indicating to the crowd that he simply couldn't watch.

Barnes slotted the shot home past Ashdown, and Poyet revealed a wonderfully smiling face! Comedy stuff!

He's more than a wee bit unhinged, our Gus. Would have looked a complete dick if Barnes had missed :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can we make it a rule that all future managers have to be a wee bit unhinged south americans who demand to play flair football. Better than dour scotsmen or "dull but triers" englishmen.

If we win, we win with style, if we loose we do so with panache - so long as we win stylishy more than we loose panachely.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Can we make it a rule that all future managers have to be a wee bit unhinged south americans who demand to play flair football. Better than dour scotsmen or "dull but triers" englishmen.

If we win, we win with style, if we loose we do so with panache - so long as we win stylishy more than we loose panachely.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here