Webmaster
Will Jago

Stadium Project Office
Operations Manager
Richard Hebberd

Stadium Manager
Dave Baker

One of these been bleating then???

If so name, the club needs to say goodbye to him/her.

Did not see Oatway's name on that list. Now we all know Charlie is an Albion legend and all round top bloke. But his ability as a footballer was lets be honest very limited, what he lacked in natural ability, he made up for in desire and a will to win. Weather he is up to championship coaching levels and dealing with a better quality of player and opposition and tactics???....Oatway coaching Vicente,,,,,enough said.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
His approach to the game is how we all would like it to be played but he is getting seriously found out. Speaking to some members of the backroom staff upon their return tonight, there's some very unhappy bods in the camp!

TB thinks he does, so do I. Think we might see some new faces sooner rather than later

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did not see Oatway's name on that list. Now we all know Charlie is an Albion legend and all round top bloke. But his ability as a footballer was lets be honest very limited, what he lacked in natural ability, he made up for in desire and a will to win. Weather he is up to championship coaching levels and dealing with a better quality of player and opposition and tactics???....Oatway coaching Vicente,,,,,enough said.

He isn't backroom staff but the reserve team manager. Tanno's name isn't there either for similar reasons.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If we'd beaten Palace, none of these threads would have appeared. f*** sake we're 5th in the league, it's hardly disastrous is it.

Because if we'd beaten palace we'd be three points better off (putting us third in the table) and we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals in three consecutive games taking just one point from 12. Remarkable isn't it that if we perform better, get better results people are happy.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have both played and managed to a reasonable level (County) for a number of teams, at all levels from winning leagues to being relegated. I have never ever been at a club where everyone is happy with the Manager and his decisions. That is football. If you in are in team and it is winning you are happy but those outside of the XI are not, if you are losing it is not your fault, it is the Managers, if you can't get in the team it's because the Manager doesn't like you or is too stupid to see your quality.

Everybody involved in football is an expert right down to the ball boy.

The only people who's opinions ultimately matter is Gus and Tony, it is not a democracy...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

listening to the commentary on player it sounded like we could have done with Charlie on the pitch in the second half we might just have won the game then
Gus trusts him and thats good enough for me thanks

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Probably said more than was appropriate tonight. I hope gp comes good.

You haven't said anything though - other than giving us a cuppla snippets of unsubstantiated rubbish. :rolleyes:

A piss-poor attempt at a wind-up. Nul points. :wave:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Ok Tiptop, I'll play. We have allegedly a two faced two bob twat in the back room staff, I'll buy that. What I won't buy is anybody questioning what Gus has, and will achieve at my football club. Right lets say TB agrees with the aforementioned twat, and sacked Gus. Who could we possibly get to come in? Ancelotti, Hughes, Mourinho? Maybe get a physio like that lot down the road.

Please stop these stupid negative look at me threads. Gus knows full well what is needed, and I am certain that he and TB will be doing their very best to get us out of the other side of this mini slump in form.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If we'd beaten Palace, none of these threads would have appeared. f*** sake we're 5th in the league, it's hardly disastrous is it.
And we were only ten minutes away from doing just that. How fickle people are. Ipswich are flying at the moment, no embarrassment to lose to them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok Tiptop, I'll play. We have allegedly a two faced two bob twat in the back room staff, I'll buy that. What I won't buy is anybody questioning what Gus has, and will achieve at my football club. Right lets say TB agrees with the aforementioned twat, and sacked Gus. Who could we possibly get to come in? Ancelotti, Hughes, Mourinho? Maybe get a physio like that lot down the road.

Please stop these stupid negative look at me threads. Gus knows full well what is needed, and I am certain that he and TB will be doing their very best to get us out of the other side of this mini slump in form.
but, but, but, I know people and you don't know who I know, and I'm, I'm, I'm important, and you should listen to me and give me rep - who do you know, no one I bet, but I, I, I know lots of important people and I'd tell you but I don't want to show off because I'm not like that, I'm just having my say.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
every manager has to start somewhere at league one Gus was magic at this level he has had 10 games WON 5 Drawn 2 lost 3. Hardly been found wanting has he.

Some people on here puzzle me

Spot on mate - Ipswich coming off the back of draw at Boro and win at West Ham thought we did OK in spells but lacked concentration and application at the back. Would say supporters did not get on the teams back and we need to keep the faith

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Losing to Palace was a kick in the guts, we all know that, and compounded for me by finding Pease Pottage Services full of them on the way back boasting their heads off, and then finding the M23 down to 1 lane (okay, I hadn't looked it up, but I just wanted to get back to my flat as quickly as I could). However, could we really say that losing to Ipswich was a disgrace? Two quality strikes by Chopra (ironic that McGhee allegedly once had him ready to sign for us), that should have been prevented, but nonetheless great goals; it was the corner goal that really disappointed me. As Gus said himself, some of these players are not up to Championship level. It's probably not helpful to say who, but I'll have a go: Ankergren possibly: still a fine shot stopper, as seen twice yesterday, and a superb save from a free kick against Leeds, but like a rabbit in headlights whenever the ball comes near his area. Having said that, you could only possibly blame him for the second goal yesterday, for not coming for the corner, but then Greer/Vincelot should have picked him up; Greer for me is too slow - one clear example at Cardiff where Dunk had to bail him out showed this; Painter - while most players had a mare there, I could see by the ease Pennant passed him at Stoke that he would struggle against fast wingers, and it showed against Palace; he was better yesterday. Harley, Dicker and Calderon also fall into that category; Calde is a great wing back, less strong defensively. When we are forced to play it long, Barnes is clearly not suited to that kind of game; on the ground he is up to it, as shown by Cardiff and Blackpool. Where I do think Gus has made an error is in not strengthening the defence. Now Tano has retired, we have no proper cover at left back, and other areas of the defence are weak too. Not doing more to keep Murray was a bad error; I think there was more to it than "he just wanted more money". Gus did try to get a target man, but for whatever reason it wasn't possible. If I'm being really critical, I would have started Cook rather than Vincelot yesterday.

Having said all that, if you had said to me that we would be fifth at this stage, I would have bitten your hand off. The current slide does need addressing soon though, before it sets in, though I'm sure Gus and Tony know that. I've followed this club for quite a few years, and seen good starts wind up being nasty scraps at the end: 1989-1990 being the most obvious example. Look at the league though: there are some far worse sides in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here