Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at it again!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
As someone mentioned, this also made the evening standard tonight - but as they didn't mention the same article claims Sunderland are lining up Oscar Garcia as his replacement!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No we don't - we want the MANAGER to be given complete control over the AVAILABLE budget. Two completely different things. I for one don't blame Gus for wanting that and we probably wouldn't have lost two talented managers / head coaches if they had been given that control.

EDIT - I'll add, if Gus had been given that control IMO we would now be in the Premiership with Gus at the helm.

It is not as easy as "O" level Principles of Accounts. Even with a calculator. Even without a greedy agent for foreign deals. It needs a negotiator, I think. Signing a player in January is not so easy and risky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a shock given we were trying to sign the best 2 players on the pitch last year and didnt manage it - with Borini that is due to pure greed and he will now be stuck in the Liverpool 2nds unless he gets out on loan.

Fair play to Borini. Didn't concede to the pressure from LFC to move on, or Sunderland to join them. Why commit to PL strugglers Sunderland and the unpleasant environ of Wearside? Borini will move on in January or next Summer to a SerieA club.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Fair play to Borini. Didn't concede to the pressure from LFC to move on, or Sunderland to join them. Why commit to PL strugglers Sunderland and the unpleasant environ of Wearside? Borini will move on in January or next Summer to a SerieA club.

Also QPR as well - he did want to move and that became obvious in the proceeding days but would only move on the wage he demanded which neither club would agree to, reported around £90k per week

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also QPR as well - he did want to move and that became obvious in the proceeding days but would only move on the wage he demanded which neither club would agree to, reported around £90k per week

Reported at that the time, that as well as wages, QPR didn't like the future release clauses Borini's team wanted in the contract. Clearly his heart was never with strugglers QPR or Sunderland.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Reported at that the time, that as well as wages, QPR didn't like the future release clauses Borini's team wanted in the contract. Clearly his heart was never with strugglers QPR or Sunderland.

Whatever you do just let your dislike of Poyet cloud your mind and forget about the fact the only thing the modern day footballer is interested in is money

Whatever you do just let your dislike of Poyet cloud your mind and forget about the fact the only thing the modern day footballer is interested in is money

No shit?

Bridcutt went to some Northern outpost for........................MONEY.

Buckley................See above.

I hope they both fail. And Poyet was after a money move from the time he got us promoted.

This is the world the Premier League created, but now it's bitten you're shower it really hurts doesn't it?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
No shit?

Bridcutt went to some Northern outpost for........................MONEY.

Buckley................See above.

I hope they both fail. And Poyet was after a money move from the time he got us promoted.

This is the world the Premier League created, but now it's bitten you're shower it really hurts doesn't it?

Not at all quite the opposite - I am glad the current custodians are not betting the ranch on a couple of players, we have seen all to often in recent years Pompey Leeds etc what happens when you do that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here