Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet a "big, big fan of Mourinho"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and this answer will be short

4th

Too short, as not many have questioned that he was a good manager of events on the pitch.

Oh and 4th could have been second.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Too short, as not many have questioned that he was a good manager of events on the pitch.

and in reality thats what he was/is there for anything thing else is frippery

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Right lets put this to bed...show me some EVIDENCE of where he has said he wants to go....HARD EVIDENCE...I want a quote directly from him or his agent, not some idle paper speculation...I want FACTS, because this is interpretaions of something he has said on the telly based on a comment about hitting a ceiling, which NO-ONE knows what the hell he meant!

Demanding little whatsit aren't you?.... Do your own leg work, the various comments are all out there, Chelsea, Leeds, dream job, blah blah

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
this ain't going to happen either
some people just don't like the guy and whatever you say will not change their opinion of him

Perhaps worth wondering why they don't like the guy, rather than just dismissing it ???

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Demanding little whatsit aren't you?.... Do your own leg work, the various comments are all out there, Chelsea, Leeds, dream job, blah blah

You are the one who claims GP is a serial 'touter' - it's up to you to back up that claim or it's fair to assume there is no hard evidence to support your claim

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

that is just nonsense...we all say we want to have a dream job...if I was a football manager my dream job would be to manage a premiershite side or a European champions league club...in my job now I would love to be involved with our Managed Systems Tools project and fly around the world getting requirements which some of our people do....that is called aspiration and all that has been reported about Poyet has been aspiration that is all. NOWHERE has he come out and said I WANT TO GO TO XXXXX NOW.

That is the problem here.

If you dont like him then that is fine, but to suggest he hated it here and looked to leave every second he was here is just rediculous

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Perhaps worth wondering why they don't like the guy, rather than just dismissing it ???

whats to dislike he got us to 4th and two wins instead of draws and automatic promotion
I don't like Fergie but have respect for the guy for what he has done for MU
there has been an undoubted lack of respect for the guy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

So, in other words, you've got shit all.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So, in other words, you've got shit all.

I repeat, he is a serial touter....a situation we all thought was just part of his bullish charm until it ramped up after the playoff ..... his reactions at that point could if you chose, have more context when put alongside his previous comments.

Alternatively you could just choose the narrow view from the darkness of the sand where you have your head buried.

That he said these things are simply a matter of record, how you interpret them is a personal thing of course, I choose not to be selective, I take the wider view.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I repeat, he is a serial touter....a situation we all thought was just part of his bullish charm until it ramped up after the playoff ..... his reactions at that point could if you chose, have more context when put alongside his previous comments.

Alternatively you could just choose the narrow view from the darkness of the sand where you have your head buried.

That he said these things are simply a matter of record, how you interpret them is a personal thing of course, I choose not to be selective, I take the wider view.

His post-match reaction against Palace was poor - I think even the strongest of Gus "lickers" would agree that. I had no issue with anything he said before then though.

I take the wider view that he was/is a SUPERB manager for us, showing progression and improvement every single year. I have no doubt another year with him would see us in the Prem. Is all that worth a daft interview every so often? Of course it is!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
His post-match reaction against Palace was poor - I think even the strongest of Gus "lickers" would agree that. I had no issue with anything he said before then though.

I take the wider view that he was/is a SUPERB manager for us, showing progression and improvement every single year. I have no doubt another year with him would see us in the Prem. Is all that worth a daft interview every so often? Of course it is!

What did you think of his behaviour during the Palace game before the post-match interview though.

Looked to me like someone who for whatever reason decided to hang his team and a full stadium of supporters out to dry. I haven't got a problem with his post-match interview but I certainly have a problem with that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's at least one poster on Nsc who has admitted that it is because Gus is foreign.

Well yes, I used to think that, and perhaps it's not inconceivable that is the reason for a small number.

I don't happen to think it's one of the main reasons Gus is disliked by some.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What did you think of his behaviour during the Palace game before the post-match interview though.

Looked to me like someone who for whatever reason decided to hang his team and a full stadium of supporters out to dry. I haven't got a problem with his post-match interview but I certainly have a problem with that.

Indeed. The post match interview is perhaps less important than what happened during the second leg match.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Is Jose likely to announce his backroom staff at this press conference this afternoon? or has he done already?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is Jose likely to announce his backroom staff at this press conference this afternoon? or has he done already?

Oh, I hadn't spotted that there was a PC with JM this afternoon. You'd kind of think that he would take the opportunity to talk about backroom staff.

EDIT: If he doesn't, some journo will surely ask?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He's often done that. We know he is someone who believes (rightly or wrongly) in Plan A being THE Plan. "We play one way". It didn't seem to transmit to the players considering how fired up Barnesy was, Palace needed two last ditch saves to stop us going ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here