Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pounds and Ounces

The unit of weight that makes most sense, at least when buying food, is what the Italians call the etto. 100 grams, one hectogram. Roughly a portion, irrespective of what food it is.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I measure low temperatures in Centigrade and high temperatures in Fahrenheit.

I measure my height in feet, my waist in inches but my weight in kilos.

I measure long distances in miles but short ones (anything less than half a mile) in metres, centimetres and millimetres. The exception being if I am riding my bike in which case I measure in kilometres.

I'm a runner and it's taken me 30 years to think in terms of kilometres rather than miles. But on a bike I still think miles; kms never occur to me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
More to the point. I couldn't give a flying f**k how much your baby weighs.

I think it's very important to know!

When out on the pull; key questions you MUST ask are:
1/ Any kids? - if 3 or more = avoid for fear of floppy fanny syndrome.
If answer is yes, but not more than 2 - you MUST then ask:
2/ "How heavy were they?" - if answer is 9lb or more = avoid for fear of floppy fanny syndrome.

Unless you prefer brown ....

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Us Brits are so mixed up. We couldn't even make a decision to go fully metric or stay imperial - instead you read the road sign in miles and then fill up with petrol in litres! We sprint in metres in athletics but yards across the football pitch! We buy a pint of beer and a packet of 125 gram crisps! Every other nation seems to have chosen one way or the other. Europe metric and US stayed imperial for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here