Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball, your opinions so far?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given that he is spouting his opinion on every possible thread on NSC at the moment, the answer surely has to be 'attention'.

There is no other benefit to this narrative. I think it's time we all moved on before this nonsense taints CHs time with us. Constantly comparing the two managers is disrespectful to both and completely pointless.

I say we give these trolls their own thread and let them get in with it as their pointless nonsense is ruining too many other threads at the moment.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The strategy appears to be 24-7 relentless posting, using attrition to bore everyone to death.

A childish mindset that having the last word, makes them ‘the winner’.

Sad.

This is plaguing NSC of late.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The strategy appears to be 24-7 relentless posting, using attrition to bore everyone to death.

A childish mindset of having the last word, makes them ‘the winner’.

Sad.

This is plaguing NSC of late.

I’ve decided to let him win. And he can **** off. And when he’s done that, he can **** off a bit more..........

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just don't understand this way of thinking. You might win one or two more but we have undoubtedly lost matches that Hughton would have secured a point. Arsenal didn't play that well and I say we earned the victory. I think Hughton, with the same breaks, wins that match too.

I'm not sure you've "done the math" before that post. One win is worth three draws. It's prettty basic stuff.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The playing out is WHY we're better to watch. It draws the press which you can then play through. Normally short but, at times. long. It is inherently risky but comes with high rewards. Bloom is all about risk and reward - I think CH's caution in the Premier League would have driven a natural gambler slowly mad, like Chinese water torture.

No need to give Hughton s***

I agree with your point though. This is the reason our midfield have got time to get on the ball and get their heads up this season, but didn't last time round. It's getting us more goals than it's losing us

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Sometimes you need a bit of luck in football - Brighton dominated the game in the first half and you are right, Arsenal were lucky - Arsenal were on top early in the second half, equalised and really should have scored a second - Brighton got their bit of luck, weathered the storm and then scored and ran out winners. There really is nothing wrong with accepting a bit of luck in a game - and you need it when you are willing to take more of a gamble with your playing strategy.

Last nights win was completely deserved though, so why are you putting such an emphasis on luck? Your first post after last nights game was 'a lucky win'. You sound bitter.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Last nights win was completely deserved though, so why are you putting such an emphasis on luck? Your first post after last nights game was 'a lucky win'. You sound bitter.

I am not putting the emphasis on 'luck' - I also said that Brighton were the better team - that the win was a big win in the context of the season etc. I posted all through the game - not just after it - and I posted a lot since. I expressed an opinion that Brighton were 'lucky' to survive the period where Arsenal were dominant (and many other posters were positing similar comments during that period in the game) - that does not take away from the win - nor does it suggest that it wasn't thoroughly deserved - I was simply expressing an opinion. Fans can get swept away in the excitement and enthusiasm when there is a big win - I am not that type of person and I always try and be a bit more balanced. People were rocking after the win against Watford in August - I expressed the view that Watford were a poor team - people took offence claiming that Watford were good and that I was trying to put down the win. Watford have sacked their manager twice and will probably get relegated. A couple of games later Brighton were beaten by Southampton and then Man City and lots of people were down in the dumps - I expressed the view that people shouldn't read too much into the Man C game - that given how Potter has the team playing you will get results like that and that people should be optimistic. All I did was try to keep a sense of proportion. The team absolutely deserved the win last night - but given how the game went during different stages, there was a period when it could have got away from them - it didn't and that is to their credit.

And by the way - I don't have a problem if people disagree with me - everyone is just as entitled to their opinion as I am - is it really necessary to get so het up about one comment - why not just enjoy the win and move onto the next game.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Well having been to I think about eight games so far and not seen us win I should be saying terrible

But by and large have enjoyed watching us draw and lose as we play football this season rather than the percentages of last season which if being honest was pretty dire stuff for last few weeks of the season

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I just don't understand this way of thinking. You might win one or two more but we have undoubtedly lost matches that Hughton would have secured a point. Arsenal didn't play that well and I say we earned the victory. I think Hughton, with the same breaks, wins that match too.

we lose 1-0 minimum

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

blimey!

bit sad if you feel the need to start bullshitting yourself?

and believing it

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We have no idea what Hughton would have done with the six new players in the team -

There is no doubt that the team would be less adventurous - but they likely would have been better organised at the back and might not have conceded that goal. I would agree that if it was 1-1 with 10 mins to go Hughton would likely have shut up shop with the attitude that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It was a bit risky to push forward like Brighton did - but it worked out fine.

Arsenal are a shambles - I could see West Ham beating them on Monday - Man City could hammer them the following week - and if they don't get a manager to put a bit of organisation into the team the wheels could really come off.

Im not sure there were six new players in the starting 11. Alzate, Connolly and Burn shouldn’t be included in the 6 because they were all available to CH last season. So I think only Mooy, Webster and Maupay are new from last season? Regardless of that, at the start of this season I didn’t expect us to be playing as well as we are: 70% possession at St James’s Park; stuffed Spurs; almost got something at Liverpool; beat Arsenal away. At the same stage of the season I don’t think we are better off for points than last season - but I know the style of football I prefer.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's good stuff - isn't it -

just like to point out that 6 out of the 11 on the pitch last night weren't in the team last season - that's not to take away from the change in approach - but the 6 extra players have made a difference (there is a lot more pace on the pitch to start with).

i have no doubt that they would all be shithouse defending their penalty area

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Different team - different manager - different circumstances - different gameplan - different season - different opposition (in terms of changes from last season) - you cannot compare individual games from season to season.

you don't watch our games....... we do

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We have no idea what Hughton would have done with the six new players in the team -

There is no doubt that the team would be less adventurous - but they likely would have been better organised at the back and might not have conceded that goal. I would agree that if it was 1-1 with 10 mins to go Hughton would likely have shut up shop with the attitude that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. It was a bit risky to push forward like Brighton did - but it worked out fine.

Arsenal are a shambles - I could see West Ham beating them on Monday - Man City could hammer them the following week - and if they don't get a manager to put a bit of organisation into the team the wheels could really come off.

lost 1-0

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure you've "done the math" before that post. One win is worth three draws. It's prettty basic stuff.

Indeed. Added to the fact that at 1-1, in the 80th minute at the Emirates we had FIVE Albion players in their box when we bagged our winner. As was the case for the injury time winner v Everton.

In each of those cases, we'd barely have been crossing the halfway line last season under those circumstances.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

if, IF?

if it was 0-1 on 36 mins, hughts would have parked the double decker in the goal

and lost 2-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here