[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He won’t go to Palace, just took his kids to a game. Who wouldn’t?
Why would he, or indeed anyone, go and watch Palace out of choice?

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
To a Palace game? The kids been that misbehaved?
Well, probably just to see them get beaten! Potter and Östersund did one bad game when they played in the Europa League, just one. At home to Gooners. They then beat them at the Emirates. I guess he like to go to north London, and his kids might support Arsenal. No big deal.

Any coach would have said yes to Chelsh*te at that exact moment when Tuchel had left and Roman were out of the picture. Yes, he brought his staff with him. But they didn’t have to say yes, did they? I love the things and passion RDZ has brought with him. But he has been helped, the table was set by Mr Potter. It took a couple of years but don’t forget that!

And no, I’m not that other Swede. I like beer and a good pizza though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And the irony is that neither Potter nor RdZ have won 3 consecutive PL games for us. Ironically, CH did with three 1-0 victories playing backs to the wall football.
If we're only looking at premier league games, Newcastle, Man U and Bournemouth this season were three consecutive wins (there was a europa league loss between Man U and Bournemouth)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If we're only looking at premier league games, Newcastle, Man U and Bournemouth this season were three consecutive wins (there was a europa league loss between Man U and Bournemouth)
There is no place for facts in this discussion!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
GPott bought my mate’s house. Barber lived a couple of doors down. I didn’t live on the road.

Can always check on Rightmove to see if it's been sold again in the past couple of years or is currently for sale

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Would be a good appointment for them when you look at our start of last season in isolation.

However we went on a winless run of 11 games before Brentford on Boxing Day Dec 21, we lost 7 PL games in a row at one point and we won 1 (one) home game in the entirety of 2020. Potter was given time and money to turn us around.

Are Beakey, Always Ultra's and the rest of the fans going to give him the time and money to turn it around? Like Chelsea said they would. With their intense dislike of him from the start?

Palarse are arguably in a worse state than we were when he took over.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Would be a good appointment for them when you look at our start of last season in isolation.

However we went on a winless run of 11 games before Brentford on Boxing Day Dec 21, we lost 7 PL games in a row at one point and we won 1 (one) home game in the entirety of 2020. Potter was given time and money to turn us around.

Are Beakey, Always Ultra's and the rest of the fans going to give him the time and money to turn it around? Like Chelsea said they would. With their intense dislike of him from the start?

Palarse are arguably in a worse state than we were when he took over.
Nah. We escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth, had an old, slow squad, and were destined for the drop. Potter turned things around. It took some time, but he oversaw the transition to our new recruitment model.
Palace have got a thin squad with some obvious weak positions (CF, RB, to a certain extent CM) but, beyond that, they've got some quality players: Eze, Olise, Mitchell, Guehi, Anderson, Doucoure.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Never got the anti-Potter sentiment. Some on here have short memories. Potter completely transformed the way we played after Hughton very nearly got us relegated playing dire, ultra defensive football, which was awful to watch and didn't work. By the time Potter left (for a bigger club ), we were 4th, scoring for fun, and playing outstanding football. He was he that built that up - something which De Zerbi has benefitted from and taken even further. I really hope he doesn't go to Palace. He's exactly what they need and if it happens, he'll do very well there.
Without CH we wouldn’t be in the PL and survived for two seasons especially the notoriously difficult second season.
We had some memorable moments under CH, Palace home and away wins, Man Utd/Arsenal all defeated with what was a good championship side compared to what Potter had at his disposal.
To be frank Potter only started to pick up results with a midfield of Caceido, Mac and Mwepu near on a £200m midfield.
Chelsea ignored the one home win in a year and hired him off the back of a good start and end to the previous season.
No wonder it all went tits up.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Never got the anti-Potter sentiment. Some on here have short memories. Potter completely transformed the way we played after Hughton very nearly got us relegated playing dire, ultra defensive football, which was awful to watch and didn't work. By the time Potter left (for a bigger club ), we were 4th, scoring for fun, and playing outstanding football. He was he that built that up - something which De Zerbi has benefitted from and taken even further. I really hope he doesn't go to Palace. He's exactly what they need and if it happens, he'll do very well there.
He did us dirty simples.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
One of my favourite games in 50+ years. It would be worth him going to palace just for that game in a couple of weeks, wouldn't it :wink:
To be 3 or 4 up at home to Palace with Potter in charge of them and joining in the cry of 'Potter! What's the score?! Potter, Potter what's the score?!' again - football heaven.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Nah. We escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth, had an old, slow squad, and were destined for the drop. Potter turned things around. It took some time, but he oversaw the transition to our new recruitment model.
Palace have got a thin squad with some obvious weak positions (CF, RB, to a certain extent CM) but, beyond that, they've got some quality players: Eze, Olise, Mitchell, Guehi, Anderson, Doucoure.

Hate to say it but Palace are probably a good coach and a couple of players away from being an upper mid table team. They are however a couple of injuries/transfer sales away from a likely relegation fight this year. If other teams below them pick up they're in real trouble IMO

I think their fans are right to be frustrated, 10 years of premier league football raking in a billion and half pounds in the process but apart from a handful of talented players not much to show for it. Their stadium redevelopment should have been the catalyst to push them on but the longer it drags on and costs increase it seems increasingly unlikely.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
After turning down Liecester et al, surely he wouldn't rock up at that chav infested dump in croydon? I mean, no skin off my back if he does, he'll just cement his place in history for all the wrong reasons. His legacy here was on shaky legs as it was.
Agree , no way would he go to a club that has a Sainsburys behind one end !
Waitrose maybe .
c

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
TBH I feel less bothered by the prospect of Potter at Palace than I do by the thought that he might give Bruno a role there. That would sting more, for me at least.
Once a Seagull, always an Eagle ?

I can't see Bruno going to Palace, but I suppose weird things are said to happen on Leap Day and there is one of those this year. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports