Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
There are other options but just like with Ancelotti, Benitez is probably one of the most merited managers they can get. He gets results everywhere, which is what they want. They (their owners and other people in charge) dont care about anything else (like playing style or personality or club background). In that sense I'm not sure there's any better options available. They dont want to "take a chance", they want their £500m investments in the last four years to result in something. Surely not a popular choice if you ask the fans but they wont ask the fans. And if they finally get into that top 6, I think most fans will forgive everything of the past.

Funnily enough I have friends who support Everton and hate him, and friends who support Newcastle and adore him. I think he's alright, he think he can do a decent job. But Everton strike me as a club that are at odds with themselves internally. When you compare them to the Albion where everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, Everton have Brands as director of football who seems progressive and wants to build a culture/identity, Kenwright who seems nostaligic and wanted Duncan Ferguson involved, and Moshiri who seems to wants the galmour and big names. As a club I'm not sure they really know what they want.

In terms of Benitez, I think he can win fans over, but like I say he will need a winning start as fans will turn quickly because of who he is. I don't think qualifying for europe won't win over the haters. They might tolerate him for a while, but to really win them over he will have to win things.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Funnily enough I have friends who support Everton and hate him, and friends who support Newcastle and adore him. I think he's alright, he think he can do a decent job. But Everton strike me as a club that are at odds with themselves internally. When you compare them to the Albion where everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, Everton have Brands as director of football who seems progressive and wants to build a culture/identity, Kenwright who seems nostaligic and wanted Duncan Ferguson involved, and Moshiri who seems to wants the galmour and big names. As a club I'm not sure they really know what they want.

In terms of Benitez, I think he can win fans over, but like I say he will need a winning start as fans will turn quickly because of who he is. I don't think qualifying for europe won't win over the haters. They might tolerate him for a while, but to really win them over he will have to win things.

Thanks for sharing. They're not going to win anything. From what you've said, Everton are f&%£ed.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
And now Spurs arent going for Gattuso (according to Sky Sports)... worrying feeling that they'll come back around to our Graham.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
All the Everton fans I know hate him. I think when he was Liverpool manager he antagonised a lot them. I remember Everton got to wembley at one point and the fans had a particulary offensive banner they had to take down. Accusing him of doing things with kids (I wonder if they still have that?).

I'm sure there will be a lot of fans willing to give him a chance, but there will definitely be a signifcant enough element who won't. As a board, chairman or owner, why would you invite that situation? There are other options out there, and its not like he's Guardiola. It just seems odd to opt for a choice that will antagonise part of your fan base. And actually, what I'd be more concerned about is that its a decision that shows you either don't undertsand the fans, don't care about them or both.

We had Steve Coppell, They had Alan Mullery.

Mullery was I guess a bitterer pill after his "you aint worth that", but fans will get on with it despite the moans and groans.

Contrary to what these 2 empty vessels in Doha espouse, I still think rafa is a very good manager, a great thinker of the game and tactically very good. He still has a house in the area and as a neutral I think he would do well there.

success is all that matters, Fans are fickle and he'll be just fine if he starts winning.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And now Spurs arent going for Gattuso (according to Sky Sports)... worrying feeling that they'll come back around to our Graham.

“Hi, Graham? Daniel Levy from Spurs here. It’s about the manager job. Now, I know, you’re our seventh choice, but…”

Click.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[tweet]1405538364053327883[/tweet]

I read he walked out of Fiorentina as he wanted a lot more expensive signings (through Jorge Mendes) than they were prepared to pay for, they only wanted cheaper bargain types (it was alleged) so he stormed out in a huff.

Paulo Fonseca had an agreement then that all went tits over finances for players.

So I just dont see how this...... with tighter than a ducks arse, Levy gets past first base?

Talk shite saying it aint happening too??

https://talksport.com/football/897596/tottenham-gennaro-gattuso-manager-jose-mourinho-hansi-flick-julian-nagelsmann-erik-ten-hag-paulo-fonseca/

More likely they will come after Potter, someone who will be compliant and will try and make miracles and promote youth with not much funds.

from the talk shite aticle, Levys words..... sound like anyone in our club?

"He added “We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known — free-flowing, attacking and entertaining — while continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our academy alongside experienced talent.”

SAC

May 21, 2014
“Hi, Graham? Daniel Levy from Spurs here. It’s about the manager job. Now, I know, you’re our seventh choice, but…”

Click.

I don't think it matters if you are first or twelfth choice, so long as the terms are right for both parties.

It does seem that lots of managers think that they can ask clubs for whatever they want and it will be agreed. Naughty Nuno thought he could insist that he could bring all the staff from assistant manager through to kit man and clubs have told him to feck off.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think it matters if you are first or twelfth choice, so long as the terms are right for both parties.

It does seem that lots of managers think that they can ask clubs for whatever they want and it will be agreed. Naughty Nuno thought he could insist that he could bring all the staff from assistant manager through to kit man and clubs have told him to feck off.

It does seem that a lot of clubs think that they can ask managers to do whatever they want and it will be agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here