Votes: 349 60.0%
  • **** you

Votes: 233 40.0%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about when Chelsea beat Crystal Palace with 8-0?

Well he couldn’t do it with us.
If truth be known he will be remembered as having one good season with us.
The football was good to watch though.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Do we only get £16 mill for him! Got to be worth at least £100 mill. worth much more than most players

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
To all those that picked the less polite option, how would you react if someone came a long and offered to massively increase your salary and guarantee you a payout even if you fail, the sort of money that would set you and your family up for life?

One of the daftest arguments going. The guy was earning millions anyway and would already have been set up for life. A better project? I dont buy that either. Chance to win something big is about as good as it gets.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Massive thank you! We are in a better place than we've ever been and he has done an amazing job. We were always going to lose him at some point. Thought we might get this season out of him but I absolutely don't blame him for taking on one of the biggest jobs in the Premier League and world football.

I hate Chelsea with a passion personally and would have loved him to have gone to another club but I certainly don't blame him. Really hope he gets a decent reception when he comes back - he's one of the best coaches in the world, we're lucky to have had him and, by all accounts, he is one of the nicest people as well.

We all have our Albion tinted glasses on and sometimes can't believe why any player/manager/member of staff would want to leave but the reality is we will never be one of the top clubs in world football and if someone wants to leave for that, then good luck to them. This is clearly the view of Tony Bloom and the rest of the board as well.

Still absolutely gutted to see him go as I really believe that, however good his replacement is, he won't be as good as Potter...

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Ahh…ordinarily so easy to call this as no-one can doubt his fantastic influence on the team.

But oh god did it really have to be bloody Chelsea…

Not so much FO Potter but definitely FO to Chelsea

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
One of the daftest arguments going. The guy was earning millions anyway and would already have been set up for life. A better project? I dont buy that either. Chance to win something big is about as good as it gets.

I read yesterday that he is the 3rd least well paid manager in the Premier League, how do you think that compares to the new offer Chelsea will give him?, my point was, if that difference was offered to you, what would you do? Be honest!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I always suspected we were a bit of a vehicle for Graham... It's made me realise that people have zero scruples... if he'd said no, he'd have been rewarded by the fans and the club alike... elevated to God like status, then sent with blessings amid streets lined with scented Roses, atop a bright white charger to take his rightful place as England manager... alas, he said yes... or YESSSSSS!!! where do I sign?

"another glass of champagne Graham, a Cuban...?"

"Cucu... a back rub please..." "sí señor Potter heh heh heh etc."

"Gentlemen... to evil!"

The devil on the shoulder,
Oft the loudest whisper of all.

Bit of a vehicle for Bruno also it appears.

Are you guys going to say "**** you" to him as well?

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I read yesterday that he is the 3rd least well paid manager in the Premier League, how do you think that compares to the new offer Chelsea will give him?, my point was, if that difference was offered to you, what would you do? Be honest!

Ill be honest with you. I gave up a well paid job in 2002 to buy my local village shop where at times, in the early days, I had to fund the day to day running from my own savings. I realised that money wasnt that important, as long as I could pay the bills all was good. I dont care for flash cars and my family and I live above the shop. I certainly dont have millions in the bank and dont need to be paid millions to feel appreciated. I realise that a lot of people need to surround themselves with all sorts of tat so that everybody else can see how successful they are, but thats not me. I took my daughter to primary school everyday, saw all her plays and sports days. My life is good.
We are all different but the idea that someone could "set themselves up for life" by earning £7M a year but couldnt when earning £2M a year is quite ridiculous in my view.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tells us he only came to the club because of TB
He loves the set up… gets what he wants from TB.

Chelsea wave the quids under his nose and he’s gone…

Seasons end he would have gone with best wishes right now
It’s F Off…

And it’s poxy Chelsea … guess he will get a big pay off in 6 months

This, especially as it looks like he's taking the coaching team assembled by the club with him.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Ill be honest with you. I gave up a well paid job in 2002 to buy my local village shop where at times, in the early days, I had to fund the day to day running from my own savings. I realised that money wasnt that important, as long as I could pay the bills all was good. I dont care for flash cars and my family and I live above the shop. I certainly dont have millions in the bank and dont need to be paid millions to feel appreciated. I realise that a lot of people need to surround themselves with all sorts of tat so that everybody else can see how successful they are, but thats not me. I took my daughter to primary school everyday, saw all her plays and sports days. My life is good.
We are all different but the idea that someone could "set themselves up for life" by earning £7M a year but couldnt when earning £2M a year is quite ridiculous in my view.

Agree with the sentiment, but is it all about the money? As a manager, the opportunity to manage a to 6 club is the absolute pinnacle. If he can make a success of Chelsea long-term it will establish him as a world-leading 'elite' manager. The odds are stacked against him of course but that is possibly his main motivation.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Agree with the sentiment, but is it all about the money? As a manager, the opportunity to manage a to 6 club is the absolute pinnacle. If he can make a success of Chelsea long-term it will establish him as a world-leading 'elite' manager. The odds are stacked against him of course but that is possibly his main motivation.

Agreed. But that wasnt the original statement that I disagreed with and was then asked to give my honest opinion about.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
How can you be anything but grateful for what that man has achieved with our club?

It had to end at some point, but we are in the healthiest position in our history.

I don't even think he's behaved badly in leaving - its a hell of an opportunity for him, and understandable that he would take it. Even if it is... Ch*lsea...

Just the same as most of you would have no scruples leaving your jobs for a more lucrative and prestigious opportunity, its a career move. He's not a Brighton fan and you'd be deluded to think that he owes the club anything more than he's already given us.

Good luck Graham.

Now Tony, get in a good replacement - this is surely one of the most attractive jobs openings for any up and coming manager.

Edit: Although if Bruno and Roberts have been poached too, that really does add some bitterness for me.

Last edited:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
99 people have so far said **** you?!

Wow.

We need names !!

Seriously though i wondered about the timing of this poll when it was introduced this morning as it appears that some people having been very upset are now looking to lash out .I think maybe after a few days there would not have been so many ( except for the usual potter haters of course ! ). Also with it only being the extremes to choose from some people are maybe finding it harder to vote especially as they do seem torn by where he is going .

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Thank you of course, how can it not be.

He's done a fantastic job and today was inevitable.

If fans hate our best people being poached, then support one of the top teams.

This!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
a typically gregarious reaction by the poll results...:rolleyes: well its a **** you from me and its definitely a **** chelsea also and as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here