• Thank you

Votes: 349 60.0%
  • **** you

Votes: 233 40.0%

• Total voters

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I have to say thank you for giving us some of the best football I have seen watching Brighton.

It was going to happen at some time but it would have been great if we had got through this season and we would have seen his full potential.

I am surprised , I thought the guy was genuine and humble but what he proved is like all (99%) of us he's human and the lure of more money, CL football, a chance at the FA cup and top four proved too much.

So like Dan Ashworth he is now consigned to our history and hopefully soon forgotten when the new king arrives and outshines him.

UTA

I genuinely think this was the best time for this to happen, with the points accumulated so far and what we need to reach safety. It gives the next person a fighting chance.

As you say it was going to happen at some time. But I think for Potter this is best chance to manage a big club. No one else will give him time, but Chelsea have a new owner and want a long term plan. Even if that turns out to be rubbish, he's not going to get that offer anywhere else. So if he was ever going to leave us, this is probably the best offer he would get.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A big thank you.

We all knew this day would come, just a shame its this early into this season given the start we have made, but that's down to Chelsea.

I fully expect Potter to be given a warm reception whenever he returns to the Amex

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It's a **** off from me, yes he's been brilliant for us but walking away just as we were getting where we want to be is a real kick in the bollocks, I had never enjoyed my football so much and now see it being ****ed over by Judas picking up his pieces of Chelski silver and no doubt will be cherry picking our best players.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
On balance it's a Foff given the timing and the fact it's not just GP, it'll be Bjorn and Billy most likely then perhaps more players in January.

His stock would have remained high and could have certainly found himself a move to a top club in the Summer after finishing the season with us.

We gave him a very generous contract extension and showed huge faith and loyalty to him. He hasn't done the same, in my opinion of course.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My child brain says “boooooooooo, I HATE you, **** off, I never want to see you again, and I hope you have a horrible future at Chelsea.” Which, of course, is childish and pathetic.

My grown up brain says “Hey, Graham, Babe, we had a ball didn’t we? I think we could have made it work, but I understand you have your reasons to want to leave, and I appreciate that, though it breaks my heart to say so. Farewell. Don’t forget us. Sniffle. Oh, but can we have full custody of Swanny?”

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I genuinely think this was the best time for this to happen, with the points accumulated so far and what we need to reach safety. It gives the next person a fighting chance.

As you say it was going to happen at some time. But I think for Potter this is best chance to manage a big club. No one else will give him time, but Chelsea have a new owner and want a long term plan. Even if that turns out to be rubbish, he's not going to get that offer anywhere else. So if he was ever going to leave us, this is probably the best offer he would get.

I just think another season would have proved what the man was capable off but equally there is a risk there if we did not finish in top ten that he would blow his chance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just feeling a big fat NOTHING here, apart from actually feeling a little bit sorry for the guy. He'll be absolutely ripped to shreds from each and every direction before Chelsea spit him out about 18 months from now, maybe much sooner. He'll need every last bit of that much-touted emotional intelligence to come through the experience relatively undamaged. I wish the bloke and his family and his entourage well

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I am going to vote on this tomorrow. Have learned over the years not to dive into decisions when still feeling emotional (still do it sometimes though!) . At the moment it is definitely towards the **** you side though, but I think I am just cross and may just need a nap.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Blimey!

Even as someone who voted Potter Out during some dark times I am stunned that some people are saying **** you. For christ's sake people, look at where we are!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just feeling a big fat NOTHING here, apart from actually feeling a little bit sorry for the guy. He'll be absolutely ripped to shreds from each and every direction before Chelsea spit him out about 18 months from now, maybe much sooner. He'll need every last bit of that much-touted emotional intelligence to come through the experience relatively undamaged. I wish the bloke and his family and his entourage well

Sorry THPP, I don't. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It has to be thank you! The man is obviously very ambitious, he has allegedly been given the chance to transform the entire footballing philosophy at Chelsea which is something that we know he is very good at, and will obviously be earning many times more than we are able to pay him.

He has given us three years of his time and expertise and proppeled us into the top ten teams in the entire country. a sad day for all of us, but he certainly goes with all my thanks and best wishes for the future.

Now though we need to quickly draw a line under this upheaval and move on. The search for a new manager is underway.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Thank You of course.

Shame it is Chelsea, utter Scum team
Good quote on Twitter last night 'Its like your husband leaving the family to shack up with the town whore'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports