Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Read somewhere this week - he is holding out for a Champions League team job

Thing is don't think we will have him back when RDZ goes off to Barcelona or wherever

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Exactly what are Potter’s strengths?

Took a park team in Sweden to their first division because a local millionaire pumped all his cash into them. Most of us on here could have done that
Got rave reviews at Swansea (not sure what for) - taking a relegated team and making them mid table in the league below.
And did ok with us - ok that’s all - with the Squad at his disposal.
Learnt a lot apparently though. Not enough to realise he isn’t all that.
Will fail next wherever he goes

Just my opinion like

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Exactly what are Potter’s strengths?

Took a park team in Sweden to their first division because a local millionaire pumped all his cash into them. Most of us on here could have done that
Got rave reviews at Swansea (not sure what for) - taking a relegated team and making them mid table in the league below.
And did ok with us - ok that’s all - with the Squad at his disposal.
Learnt a lot apparently though. Not enough to realise he isn’t all that.
Will fail next wherever he goes

Just my opinion like
Champions League team, crikey! He may be waiting a while.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
would like him to suceed and them to fail miserably

Absolutely. Proven that he has zero loyalty and therefore TB and PBOBE will have zero trust in him.

Plus the fact that Potters style of football is as far from RDZs as Sean Dyche is from Potters.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Remains a manager who brought my Albion Mojo back again after I pretty well lost any desire to go to games :shrug:

Money aside he made a massive mistake jumping ship imo and his reputation has taken a hammering because of it. Hell even some Albion fans are now suggesting he was a bit shit :rolleyes:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A lot of revisionism about what he did at the Albion.
This is what gets me.

There was almost unanimous disappointment / anger / worry that we might lose Potter when Chelsea came in for him, presumably based on what he had done for the club up until that point in time.

RDZ being another level doesn't take away what Potter did for us. Would RDZ have touched the job with a barge pole if he'd been asked to take over a Hughton-coached squad bobbling around above the bottom 3?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This is what gets me.

There was almost unanimous disappointment / anger / worry that we might lose Potter when Chelsea came in for him, presumably based on what he had done for the club up until that point in time.

RDZ being another level doesn't take away what Potter did for us. Would RDZ have touched the job with a barge pole if he'd been asked to take over a Hughton-coached squad bobbling around above the bottom 3?
i don't know why anyone would bother arguing with any of this, it seems to me a lot of footie fans don't know a lot about footie

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
*splutter*

Remember that time when a sequence of three wins at the Amex spanned THREE CALENDAR YEARS?
You omitted to mention that we didn’t spend more than a few hours in the relegation zone during that period either, and how often were we blown away by teams during that run?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here