[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can't believe it's only a year ago he left. Feels like a lifetime. In Potters lingo we are operating at a completely different "les niveaux" since he's gone and we really should be extremely grateful for his part in the Chelsea shit show.

The trouble with GP is that he really needs a club that can punch above it weight with low expectations as portrayed by his history lesson comments. That doesn't offer much scope. Lyon certainly isn't it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Can't believe it's only a year ago he left. Feels like a lifetime. In Potters lingo we are operating at a completely different "les niveaux" since he's gone and we really should be extremely grateful for his part in the Chelsea shit show.

The trouble with GP is that he really needs a club that can punch above it weight with low expectations as portrayed by his history lesson comments. That doesn't offer much scope. Lyon certainly isn't it.
cpfc?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lyon wouldn't be enough of a job to satisfy his ego.

I remain firmly convinced he's waiting for Everton. He'll want to prove everyone wrong and repair his reputation by finally bringing that madhouse of a club some success.

But he'll fail at that too.
His best bet would be to take them over when they go down.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why put yourself through the pressures of managing a toxic skint club like Everton whilst sitting on a personal fortune? In affect without achieving anything significant in the game he’s took a top managers pay off, quite impressive really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps he's finally developing some sort of intelligence and realising that much of what he achieved was down to the environment he was in and the people at the club. He always used to bang on about it being a group/club effort and it wasnt just him but I think he's now realised that's true. When he jumped he thought it was all about him.

Chelsea must be payting him a fortune right now as a result of the sacking - he must have turned down so many opportunities. Or perhaps he'll become the next Alan Curbishley.
Exactly, he is drawing a wage and can be very choosy about where he goes next. Unfortunately I can’t think of another club with potential to make the top ten in the PL whilst having fans who won’t turn toxic after a run of defeats. There were plenty on here who did turn pretty toxic towards him too remember, although not at matches. It’ll take plenty of patience for him to turn any struggling club around and I’m not sure he’ll ever be offered a job of a bigger club not in disarray.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Lyon wouldn't be enough of a job to satisfy his ego.

I remain firmly convinced he's waiting for Everton. He'll want to prove everyone wrong and repair his reputation by finally bringing that madhouse of a club some success.

But he'll fail at that too.
Agree, with a shiny new stadium to move in to.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why put yourself through the pressures of managing a toxic skint club like Everton whilst sitting on a personal fortune? In affect without achieving anything significant in the game he’s took a top managers pay off, quite impressive really.
As well as having to move to Merseyside of course... :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Think he'll wait until waistcoat goes. Next England manager.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's a matter of time until Moyes stands down as West Ham manager. In the meantime he has earned more money than any of us could fathom from Uncle Todd.

Otherwise he'll be a somewhat underwhelming England manager.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sounds like they need a fire fighting, quick fix manager - that's not Potter. Whilst I enjoy his suffering, I still believe he can make serious teams given time.
Premier League Sam GIF by Play Sports

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Exactly, he is drawing a wage and can be very choosy about where he goes next. Unfortunately I can’t think of another club with potential to make the top ten in the PL whilst having fans who won’t turn toxic after a run of defeats. There were plenty on here who did turn pretty toxic towards him too remember, although not at matches. It’ll take plenty of patience for him to turn any struggling club around and I’m not sure he’ll ever be offered a job of a bigger club not in disarray.
Wolves? Struggling club but certainly not doomed. Fans seem pretty reasonable too

Isn't he from that part of the world?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he's completely lost his stomach for the game, and has rediscovered his love of the easy life he had at the Albion

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His best bet would be to run a PL club’s academy and under 21s, develop them over a period and, if successful, take them through to the first team as manager. Not sure many clubs would have that level of foresight or patience.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
His best bet would be to run a PL club’s academy and under 21s, develop them over a period and, if successful, take them through to the first team as manager. Not sure many clubs would have that level of foresight or patience.
Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he set up his own private academy.
He has the money, time, and skill to do it. And no pressure on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports