[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surprising.

Would have thought he'd wait until Moyes gets sacked at Christmas
Don’t think Moyes is going anywhere. He’s got credit in the bank with a European trophy and they’ve bought well and started well.

Dyche however? Three months at most.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Don’t think Moyes is going anywhere. He’s got credit in the bank with a European trophy and they’ve bought well and started well.

Dyche however? Three months at most.
Fans and board will forget about Prague, as soon as they stop getting points from Moyes's low block.

Moyes and the Head of recruitment are not getting on.
I think the club have bought players which don't suit Moyes.
Little point having 20% of possession , when you're spending lots of money on good players.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Sounds like they need a fire fighting, quick fix manager - that's not Potter. Whilst I enjoy his suffering, I still believe he can make serious teams given time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fans and board will forget about Prague, as soon as they stop getting points from Moyes's low block.

Moyes and the Head of recruitment are not getting on.
I think the club have bought players which don't suit Moyes.
Little point having 20% of possession , when you're spending lots of money on good players.
They’re pragmatic. 61% of the ball and 16 shots against Luton. Paqueta alone should get them top ten.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
In the most ironic history lesson of all I actually think we might prove to be the pinnacle of Grahams career. He’s not going to get the patience Tony allowed him ever again, our squad was massively underrated, takes a long time to get a team playing his way, and has horrible runs of defeats in him. Best chance he has is to take a biggish championship team who are at a low point and rebuild them. Just can’t see him getting quick results at the top level.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not happening, he’s turned Lyon down.
Perhaps he's finally developing some sort of intelligence and realising that much of what he achieved was down to the environment he was in and the people at the club. He always used to bang on about it being a group/club effort and it wasnt just him but I think he's now realised that's true. When he jumped he thought it was all about him.

Chelsea must be payting him a fortune right now as a result of the sacking - he must have turned down so many opportunities. Or perhaps he'll become the next Alan Curbishley.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Perhaps he's finally developing some sort of intelligence and realising that much of what he achieved was down to the environment he was in and the people at the club. He always used to bang on about it being a group/club effort and it wasnt just him but I think he's now realised that's true. When he jumped he thought it was all about him.

Chelsea must be payting him a fortune right now as a result of the sacking - he must have turned down so many opportunities. Or perhaps he'll become the next Alan Curbishley.
Lyon wouldn't be enough of a job to satisfy his ego.

I remain firmly convinced he's waiting for Everton. He'll want to prove everyone wrong and repair his reputation by finally bringing that madhouse of a club some success.

But he'll fail at that too.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Lyon players sheepishly stared towards the stands as one of the ultras leaders addressed them with a megaphone.

'To the Olympique Lyonnais 2023-2024 squad, this message is addressed to you,' he said.

'To those who assume the status of dressing-room leaders, the message is clear: If there are leaders in this dressing room, they no longer have the right to remain silent.

'You're wearing the Olympique Lyonnais jersey. You're the ones who wear the Olympique Lyon jersey.

'Others before you have worn it, glorified it.

Surely - "ChannelTM the energy that got us here" would have been easier to deliver? Perhaps the players would have looked on in a confused state rather than sheepishly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports