Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So the compensation they paid us worked out at £3 million a month. Plus his wages and whatever pay off Potter gets means this has been a expensive, and hilarious, failure.
Here's how it works. There's usually what's known as a " Compromise Agreement " written into Managers Contracts when they sign it.

There's usually a sort of unwritten formula agreement between the LMA and the Club's which often works out at 1 years salary for PL and Championship Clubs and half a years salary for League's 1 and 2.

There is sometimes also a points accumulation payment which also has to be paid over and above the Compromise Agreement amount.

Some of the above can vary if a Manager can get a better agreement written in but they would be the Exception rather than the Norm. And Exceptions are usually only your really high standing Managers around the World.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He'll get another prem job easily. Bruno staying at Chelsea is interesting, surprised that Bruno had been kept on, and no mention of his other assistants?

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I disagree.

He’s a good coach of individual players who couldn’t get consistent results with a pistol to his head.

The idea of him, Beaky and the black clad children clashing every 30 seconds and us humping them in a derby he doesn’t understand is delicious.
The opportunity of seeing the HF doing one of their open letters to educate him about Palace's made up origin story and history is quite special.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
how much will he get paid out ?

He was on £12m a year for 5 years, with 53 months remaining = £53m before tax.

I can only assume that there’s some special term that limits it some what, or Boehly’s propaganda machine has kicked in saying it won’t be £50m.

People will come along shortly and say that these big sacked manager payouts never happen. They do all the time. Filed accounts eg for Chelsea, Manure reveal the exact figures paid in terminating the contracts of management teams … they’re vast. We will find out, but it be in 9 months time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No - will wipe him and his smug ramblings from my memory…

Potter & Swansman go in the same day - Couldn’t have written it!
What happened to o Swansman. Did he have a hissy fit AGAIN ?

I really like him. I think he is really intelligent knowledgeable guy but he can be a bit course occasionally the way he phrases stuff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I really like him. I think he is really intelligent knowledgeable guy but he can be a bit course occasionally the way he phrases stuff.
He’s permanently banned for repetitive and offensive anti semitism. Again, let’s not make this thread about him please.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What the hell is Bruno doing staying there?? And Winstanley firing Potter. Couple of snakes. Loved Bruno when he was here but what is he doing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He was continuously racist. Just read through the Corbyn thread as hadn’t seen it. No shock here whatsoever…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here