Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
See this attitude annoyed me at the time and it annoys me now. Sure his first seasons in charge (looking purely at the points earned and goals scored) was not much different to CH, but that is where the comparison ended. From the very start we looked like a team who wanted to win, who could win, who belonged in the division rather than a bunch of squatters desperately defending their tenure. TB saw it pretty much straight away which is why he extended the contract after a few games. It takes time to change and rebuild a squad and he did this on a small budget in what I feel was a bloody short amount of time. So I thank him for his work, have disdain for how he left, and am really glad RDZ was scouted and hired and has been able to build on what he inherited.
It's funny. I'm enjoying and sneering at this disaster at Chelsea as much as anyone else. I've gone right off him where I once used to love the bloke - fuelled by the way he left, the fileting of our backroom team, his comments about an easy life at Brighton and now his cringeworthy "win the f***ing Champions League" drivel at that Chelsea forum.

And no, I wouldn't take him back - ever.

But, and it's a big but - that doesn't make any of what you say above untrue. You're absolutely spot on. It's not fair to rewrite history. He did a.good job here.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We all know it's nailed on that they find their goal scoring form for our game. Nailed on. 4 or 5 nil I reckon..in between a Real drubbing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We all know it's nailed on that they find their goal scoring form for our game. Nailed on. 4 or 5 nil I reckon..in between a Real drubbing.
I am fearing much the same. There will be a game where our style backfires spectacularly, fingers crossed that I am very wrong that it will be this game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They've scored quite a bit of goals in recent weeks but they're not winning with four or five goals against Brighton and absolutely not in between two games against Real Madrid.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They've scored quite a bit of goals in recent weeks but they're not winning with four or five goals against Brighton and absolutely not in between two games against Real Madrid.
I'll regret this, I'm sure, but I agree. Real Madrid and "Winning the ****ing Champions League" are almost certainly Chelsea's priority and also their only chance of being in the Europe again next season. Potter can't afford to throw the cup competitions at Chelsea, so I expect him to seriously gun for Real. We also have a week to prepare.

Chelsea have a wretched April ahead with Villa, Liverpool, Wolves, then Real Madrid, Brighton, Real Madrid within 7 days, and then Man United, Brentford and Arsenal. I expect that they'll want maximum points from Villa, Wolves, Brighton and Brentford so take the heat out of the Liverpool, Real, Man United and Arsenal matches.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Chelsea losing due to Cucurella cock up. That’ll endear to their charming fans even more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think about this, the Chelsea squad has cost:

£1,269,000,000.

7F75E21D-82A3-4EC9-9F37-70AC2773FA61.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Looking like another big night trending for #potterout :lol:
Potter walks into interview room and Bruno pulls the pullstring coming out of his arse.

(SITT Sucks in through teeth), Its dissapointing, but it is what it is....... They made us suffer, and sometimes you have to suffer at this level....... We weren't at our best today and full credit to Aston Villa who hurt us, so hats off too them (SITT)....... But its all about moments in the Premier League, and today when they had their moments, they took their chances and we couldnt quite manage (SITT) I thought the build up play was pretty decent and cant fault the players for their commitment, and thats just the way it goes sometimes in this league (SITT) but we'll learn from it, we'll try and take out the positives and we'll go again..... Pullstring reaches potters arse.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Potter walks into interview room and Bruno pulls the pullstring coming out of his arse.

(SITT Sucks in through teeth), Its dissapointing, but it is what it is....... They made us suffer, and sometimes you have to suffer at this level....... We weren't at our best today and full credit to Aston Villa who hurt us, so hats off too them (SITT)....... But its all about moments in the Premier League, and today when they had their moments, they took their chances and we couldnt quite manage (SITT) I though the build up play was pretty decent and cant fault the playersfor their commitment, but thats just the way it goes sometimes in this league (SITT) but we'll learn from it, we'll try and take out the positives and we'll go again..... Pullstring reaches potters arse.
Spot on, but you've missed a 'humble' he always gets a 'humble' in.

The absolute dweeb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here