Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its a reference to what Havertz said after winning the league. Not tremendously witty but as expected some of you who have been weeping and raging from day one would like to continue doing that and will look very hard for reasons to do so.
Sure it is. Sure. That famous quote from history :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never been into the "he was once at the club but is no longer, so now we have to hate him" stuff. Tinpot is what it is.
You can keep your admiration for GP as you change your allegiance from a manager to a club :thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Its a reference to what Havertz said after winning the league. Not tremendously witty but as expected some of you who have been weeping and raging from day one would like to continue doing that and will look very hard for reasons to do so.
Nah just amusing ourselves at a cringy attempt to show some of the ‘passion’ he has been criticised for not having.

It’s cringe just embrace it although that said not the worst I have seen this week

Cringe worthy is an under statement. All that emotional intelligence, the 'glow up' and he feels the need to resort to the F bomb to get onside with the fans. Embarrassing and indicative of someone who is still nervous despite the upturn in form.
Spot on! Listening to that and I think 'really?'' Thank heavens we have Roberto and a class act in town now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cringe worthy is an under statement. All that emotional intelligence, the 'glow up' and he feels the need to resort to the F bomb to get onside with the fans. Embarrassing and indicative of someone who is still nervous despite the upturn in form.
Shape-shifting weirdo, utterly devoid of genuine conviction or personality.
We're well shot of him :wave:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Potter swearing like that sounds like he was told the expression to say in advance by a PR person and he just repeated it on cue. Doesn't sound natural at all.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
don’t think he even knows who he really is anymore …. if he does then he has lost quite a few self principles …
perhaps he needs a refresher emotional intelligence course

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Reaction from you guys would have been a bit different if that was another bloke.
You would have loved if RDZ said the same thing.
It would’ve been a lot more in character for Robert “Hot blood and big balls, no?” de Zerbi to say something like that. That video clip just felt a bit unnatural - a bit pandering.

I liked Potter with us for the most part, but that just isn’t his style. Funny though in a cringe comedy way.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nah just amusing ourselves at a cringy attempt to show some of the ‘passion’ he has been criticised for not having.

It’s cringe just embrace it although that said not the worst I have seen this week

“Listen yeah, this is brilliant, yeah. You’ll never work at another place like this again. I’m a friend first, a football manager second and probably an entertainer third”.

Did you see their faces?! I think I spotted Keith from Accounts at the back!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sure it is. Sure. That famous quote from history :lol:
To be fair (as mentioned in my earlier post), I watched the video and knew the quote he was joking about, and I'm not a chelsea fan.

So when saying it to a group of Chelsea fans, it's probably a VERY well known quote.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Never been into the "he was once at the club but is no longer, so now we have to hate him" stuff. Tinpot is what it is.
Did you see/hear the reception Duffy got when he came out to warm up for Fulham? Not sure how many times it needs to be explained really - it's not that he is 'no longer' at the club, that's not the issue. It's how/when he left, what he did and what he said.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Literally trying to redefine his personality to fit in / be accepted. No way he’ll be a top, top level manager - waaaay too weak. Everytime I see him like this or doing press conferences making ‘jokes’ I just think ‘that isn’t you’ - and ‘What the f*** have you done Graham?!’ 🤦🏻‍♂️

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Agreed, although I am still pissed at the way he left, I have gotten over my desire to see him f*** up and instead hope he does ok. We wouldn't be in the position we are without him and in hindsight he left at a perfect time for us.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A wonderful piece of writing about Graham Potter at Chelsea by Barney Ronay in the Guardian.

"I always wanted Potter to do well because he had shown such promise. Now I want to be his friend. I want to go for a walk with him around the historic churchyards of Sussex where he says things like, it’d be rude not to when you suggest stopping for flapjacks in the abbey garden. I want him to help me move house, turning up unannounced and knowing how to work the boiler, then leaving just as promptly to put in an hour at the hedgehog sanctuary."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-chelsea-todd-boehly-european-super-league

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Our ex-manager swore and it's top of the board all afternoon. Find that a bit sadder than the f-bomb tbh.

Should be long forgotten by now given how well things are going for us. Very much straying into obsession territory for more people than just Swansman.
Yet you are opening and posting on the Potter/Chelsea thread to tell others they should move on 🤔

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A wonderful piece of writing about Graham Potter at Chelsea by Barney Ronay in the Guardian.

"I always wanted Potter to do well because he had shown such promise. Now I want to be his friend. I want to go for a walk with him around the historic churchyards of Sussex where he says things like, it’d be rude not to when you suggest stopping for flapjacks in the abbey garden. I want him to help me move house, turning up unannounced and knowing how to work the boiler, then leaving just as promptly to put in an hour at the hedgehog sanctuary."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ter-chelsea-todd-boehly-european-super-league
And a wonderful cartoon to go with it! :lolol:
Screenshot_20230318_083101_Chrome.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here