Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They did well yesterday against a surprisingly below-par Dortmund side, so credit to GP for that.

But there wasn't enough over the 2 games for the likes of Real Madrid and Napoli to book extra training.

An extra 2 games to play in Europe, but it's unlikely to be anything beyond that.
After that draw, I'm sticking with my position here.

Good luck, Graham. (You'll going to need it all of it and a whole lot more besides.)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Without knowing all the details, that does feel like a back-reference joke.

ie at some point someone has said "the F***ng Champions League" and he's dropped it in.

EDIT: It's just come back to me. When they won it, didn't Havertz say on the pitch in an interview "We've just won the f***ing Champions League!"

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reaction from you guys would have been a bit different if that was another bloke.
You would have loved if RDZ said the same thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reaction from you guys would have been a bit different if that was another bloke.
Can you really not see how his persona has changed quite a bit since he went there? He is now actively looking around for approval, I don’t recall him ever doing that when he was here. He was very calm and collected apart from a few little irritated comments and eye rolling at some of the inane questions.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can you really not see how his persona has changed quite a bit since he went there?
Not a lot, no. Similar to the take on how Brighton used to play under Potter etc., people here are seeing it in a different way than before. Emotional reactions.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not a lot, no. Similar to the take on how Brighton used to play under Potter etc., people here are seeing it in a different way than before. Emotional reactions.
Fair enough, I found him very cool under pressure when he was here for the most part, he does not sound or look cool (not in a hipster way) any more to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair enough, I found him very cool under pressure when he was here for the most part, he does not look cool (not in a hipster way) any more
Never was under that amount of pressure in Brighton as the team did not have that sort of streak with a very expensive squad.

Pressure gets to everyone when there's enough of it. Potter is no exception.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This is cringe...

giphy.gif

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Let’s be honest the club that gave him a chance in the PL was the same club he took cheap shots at in his early Chelsea pressers. He really didn’t help himself regarding Brighton fans reactions towards him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Let’s be honest the club that gave him a chance in the PL was the same club he took cheap shots at in his early Chelsea pressers. He really didn’t help himself regarding Brighton fans reactions towards him.
Deliberately and forcefully interpreted as "cheap shots", you mean.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well of course it would. That's the ENTIRE point. That's not Potter's normal persona. He's become so desperate to appeal to the Chelsea fans that he's pretending to be something he's not: a big sweary LAD. It's fake and it's cringey, and it's amusing that he's having to do that to suck up to them. It's like when you're a teenager and your Dad tries to appear cool in front of your mates by commenting appreciatively on their music, or Alan Partridge pretending to be a proper geezer.

34YxavdPyOAt.gif

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Never was under that amount of pressure in Brighton as the team did not have that sort of streak with a very expensive squad.

Pressure gets to everyone when there's enough of it. Potter is no exception.
Just roll over and embrace it Swanny you are now a Brighton fan and I know how hard that must be for you, as someone who doesn’t like emotions, to accept :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well of course it would. That's the ENTIRE point. That's not Potter's normal persona. He's become so desperate to appeal to the Chelsea fans that he's pretending to be something he's not: a big sweary LAD. It's fake and it's cringey, and it's amusing that he's having to do that to suck up to them. It's like when you're a teenager and your Dad tries to appear cool in front of your mates by commenting appreciatively on their music, or Alan Partridge pretending to be a proper geezer.

34YxavdPyOAt.gif
Its a reference to what Havertz said after winning the league. Not tremendously witty but as expected some of you who have been weeping and raging from day one would like to continue doing that and will look very hard for reasons to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here