[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fabrizio Romano is saying that Chelsea boards support of Potter may change in the next 2 games V Dortmund and Leeds...... and weirdly, the Mrs has Ukrainian TV on a news channel called 24 Kanal and they just reported in Ukrainian, that chelsea were on the verge of firing Potter and making a move for former Shaktar Donetsk coach, Roberto de Zerbi!

Seen it rumoured but dare say its pure speculation at this stage

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Fabrizio Romano is saying that Chelsea boards support of Potter may change in the next 2 games V Dortmund and Leeds...... and weirdly, the Mrs has Ukrainian TV on a news channel called 24 Kanal and they just reported in Ukrainian, that chelsea were on the verge of firing Potter and making a move for former Shaktar Donetsk coach, Roberto de Zerbi!

Saw that today as well on another forum !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ironically, whereas Potter is weakening Chelsea, Bob de Z would kill them.

Can you imagine sulky Ziyesh responding well when told to 'f***ing focus'?

No, Todd Beughueughly won't cast his massive rod into the same treacherous south coast waters again in a hurry.

Lazy journalism.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I wasn’t bothered when they took Potter even excited for the future, would be pissed this time around although as HWT says surely they can’t go down the same path again.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
i suppose the biggest concern is if the ‘big’ clubs start over bidding the market to the degree that it prices the likes of us out of being able to compete for these youngsters. As example a 10m speculative future investment is affordable/attainable, whereas say Chelsea (🤮) start coming in and bidding 30,35 etc as an example inflates the future market to a place where is it not sensible to speculate for us ‘little old’ clubs
It is entirely reasonable for South American clubs to raise prices and unrealistic to expect them to only sell at the prices we wish to pay. No such thing as over bidding or if there is, then we started it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
It is entirely reasonable for South American clubs to raise prices and unrealistic to expect them to only sell at the prices we wish to pay. No such thing as over bidding or if there is, then we started it.
i did not say it would be unreasonable of them. I said a concern would be if the big clubs went in and started pricing us out, there is a difference

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
i did not say it would be unreasonable of them. I said a concern would be if the big clubs went in and started pricing us out, there is a difference
True. I was half replying to another poster as well. The profit we are making on recruitment is just so obvious that it will inevitably be competed away. That’s capitalism.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

No, Todd Beughueughly won't cast his massive rod into the same treacherous south coast waters again in a hurry.

Lazy journalism.
You'd hope after 80+ million on flops Potter and Cucurella he'd get the "more money than sense" adage!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Lazy journalism.
He’ll probably flip to the ‘tried n trusted’ route next …. Poch. Once bitten.

RDZ will in the frame if and when Poch falls foul of Boehly.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It's bloody lazy

Lazy journalism.
Agree Lazy journalism, why would they not go for Marco Silva he has fullum above in the league. They have just picked RDZ and Brighton because of what happened before.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If Brighton pay £10 million with a 25% sell on fee, the South American selling club stand to make more money than selling direct to Chelsea for £20 million.

In any case, I'm not sure we were actually linked to Kendry Paez - Independiente Del Valle or his agent supported by Fabrizio and the Ecuadorian press were touting him as the next big thing and encouraging offers before Chelsea stepped in. Obviously Winstanley's relationship with the club helped from that point forward.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Crook saying on TS senior players are unhappy with Potters tinkering sounds like he’s losing the dressing room. Never finding and playing his best 11 will always be his downfall.
Chelsea are now ruining the South American market agreeing a £20m fee for a 15 year old Ecuadorean we were interested in. That’s obviously Wankstanleys doing.
That notion senior staff leaving doesn’t impact isn’t entirely true, that’s two of our targets now gone to Chelsea.
Pretty much every club have been tracking Paez he’s one of the hottest prospects in world football. I doubt Chelsea only became aware of him because Paul Winstanley opened the file marked “players we need to nick from under Brighton’s noses”. There was nothing in any of the reports about him that actually mentioned we were interested anyway, only that any deal would be likely to eclipse what we paid for Caicedo.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s what’s done with the stats and only TB knows his methodologies. Honed to give his betting investors a competitive edge.

Or to put it another way, TB/PB seemed incredibly relaxed when Ashworth then Winstanley resigned.
Yet we have already lost out on Fofana who looks PL ready has some pace and flair about him everything Undav isn’t.
He would be in an Albion shirt if wasn’t for the Chelsea exodus.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yet we have already lost out on Fofana who looks PL ready has some pace and flair about him everything Undav isn’t.
He would be in an Albion shirt if wasn’t for the Chelsea exodus.
We can’t horde all of them.

This Tony Bloom strategy is making me an Albion optimist. One door shuts, another opens.

I agree about Undav, but would love to be proved wrong.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We can’t horde all of them.

This Tony Bloom strategy is making me an Albion optimist. One door shuts, another opens.

I agree about Undav, but would love to be proved wrong.
Not sure Undav is ever going to be a cult hero in Brighton.

but guess he's a great signing for the owners of Piglets Pantry.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
i suppose the biggest concern is if the ‘big’ clubs start over bidding the market to the degree that it prices the likes of us out of being able to compete for these youngsters. As example a 10m speculative future investment is affordable/attainable, whereas say Chelsea (🤮) start coming in and bidding 30,35 etc as an example inflates the future market to a place where is it not sensible to speculate for us ‘little old’ clubs
What we can offer which is attractive is regular first team football in the PL and the top clubs don’t have the luxury of being afforded time to find their feet. Let’s not forget this is the club who had a young Salah, De bruyne and Rice on their books at one point hoovering up young talent is not a new thing for Chelsea. These clubs don’t play them though and always end up buying their first team ready players for big money.

Watch them get Colwill a new long term deal with the promise of first team football for it never to materialise

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
True. I was half replying to another poster as well. The profit we are making on recruitment is just so obvious that it will inevitably be competed away. That’s capitalism.
What we can offer which is attractive is regular first team football in the PL and the top clubs don’t have the luxury of being afforded time to find their feet. Let’s not forget this is the club who had a young Salah, De bruyne and Rice on their books at one point hoovering up young talent is not a new thing for Chelsea. These clubs don’t play them though and always end up buying their first team ready players for big money.

Watch them get Colwill a new long term deal with the promise of first team football for it never to materialise
that’s very true indeed and certainly a ray of hope for us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
that’s very true indeed and certainly a ray of hope for us
Well agree if they are ready for the first team, we’ve gone so far down this route we can’t afford to send them on loan now to get that much needed experience. Enciso is not ready and should of gone to Sunderland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports