Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
i suppose the biggest concern is if the ‘big’ clubs start over bidding the market to the degree that it prices the likes of us out of being able to compete for these youngsters. As example a 10m speculative future investment is affordable/attainable, whereas say Chelsea (🤮) start coming in and bidding 30,35 etc as an example inflates the future market to a place where is it not sensible to speculate for us ‘little old’ clubs
What we can offer which is attractive is regular first team football in the PL and the top clubs don’t have the luxury of being afforded time to find their feet. Let’s not forget this is the club who had a young Salah, De bruyne and Rice on their books at one point hoovering up young talent is not a new thing for Chelsea. These clubs don’t play them though and always end up buying their first team ready players for big money.

Watch them get Colwill a new long term deal with the promise of first team football for it never to materialise

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
True. I was half replying to another poster as well. The profit we are making on recruitment is just so obvious that it will inevitably be competed away. That’s capitalism.
What we can offer which is attractive is regular first team football in the PL and the top clubs don’t have the luxury of being afforded time to find their feet. Let’s not forget this is the club who had a young Salah, De bruyne and Rice on their books at one point hoovering up young talent is not a new thing for Chelsea. These clubs don’t play them though and always end up buying their first team ready players for big money.

Watch them get Colwill a new long term deal with the promise of first team football for it never to materialise
that’s very true indeed and certainly a ray of hope for us

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
that’s very true indeed and certainly a ray of hope for us
Well agree if they are ready for the first team, we’ve gone so far down this route we can’t afford to send them on loan now to get that much needed experience. Enciso is not ready and should of gone to Sunderland.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Roberto would simply love to sort that Chelsea lot out. Pains me to say but can see them coming for him too
Stop worrying and you can quote this later if you like, buts it is just lazy journalism. Try and think a little bit logically. You are the owner of Chelsea and you are going to sack the current manger that you took off Brighton, things are not going too well and the fans want a bigger name, and that was even before things started to go wrong. So to replace him and to make the most entitled fans (apart from Leeds) happy you take another Brighton manger that has not achieved very much so far.

I know there owner seems a bit of fuckwick with too much money, but could he really be that stupid. I assume he will try to sign a league/ champions league wining manager, not someone who has done well with player that he inherited from the manager they just sacked.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Roberto would simply love to sort that Chelsea lot out. Pains me to say but can see them coming for him too
I doubt they will recruit another manager from Brighton for a while.

The fans are already in mutiny about recruiting Potter from us. They will want the safest of safe hands next, someone all the Chelsea fans can support - 'oh no, not another one' from Brighton.

It's lazy, unimaginative speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here