Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we now need GPott to pick up a few, inconsequential, wins through March?

Taking 3 points off The Leeds wouldn't be the worst thing to happen this weekend.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I suspect that you are not a real Brighton fan, you want Potter to go to Palace? Can you imagine the meltdown on here if he did and they turned us over playing good football? :lolol:

Anywhere BUT Palace for me
Not the first time you have said I am not a ‘real’ Brighton fan. Damn, you’ve found me out. Never been a Brighton fan or at least not a ‘real’ one like yourself.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Crook saying on TS senior players are unhappy with Potters tinkering sounds like he’s losing the dressing room. Never finding and playing his best 11 will always be his downfall.
Chelsea are now ruining the South American market agreeing a £20m fee for a 15 year old Ecuadorean we were interested in. That’s obviously Wankstanleys doing.
That notion senior staff leaving doesn’t impact isn’t entirely true, that’s two of our targets now gone to Chelsea.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They literally have no ideas of their own :laugh:
Replies are quite good

I think they were TOLD to, like other clubs, by the Premier League.

A cynic might suggest it's a PR stunt to counter government moves...

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Crook saying on TS senior players are unhappy with Potters tinkering sounds like he’s losing the dressing room. Never finding and playing his best 11 will always be his downfall.
Chelsea are now ruining the South American market agreeing a £20m fee for a 15 year old Ecuadorean we were interested in. That’s obviously Wankstanleys doing.
That notion senior staff leaving doesn’t impact isn’t entirely true, that’s two of our targets now gone to Chelsea.
Agreed I think there is a short term impact as Wankstanley (I like it), can take our shopping list for this year with him to Chelsea, that has already gone through Tony's algorithms and spat out the latest wonder kids. However, long term, for future crops of talent he won't have the benefit of our IP so we will hopefully have the competitive edge again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bit of complacency on here about that. And even Barber said 'we fish in different ponds'. Unfortunately was always going to be the case in reality.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

We should be open to the possibility that other clubs, whilst not having access to the same data that we do, can also identify talented players.

Caciedo, for example, had other clubs like Man United interested him him when we signed him.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
They won't all work out well for them

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
i suppose the biggest concern is if the ‘big’ clubs start over bidding the market to the degree that it prices the likes of us out of being able to compete for these youngsters. As example a 10m speculative future investment is affordable/attainable, whereas say Chelsea (🤮) start coming in and bidding 30,35 etc as an example inflates the future market to a place where is it not sensible to speculate for us ‘little old’ clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here