Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I see you ‘Liked’ Cheeky Monkey’s comment aimed at me. In which case please don’t bother responding to me any further!
With reflection I am inclined to agree with you on this point. I agreed with a part of the post I liked but it was offensive and a bit rude, and for that I am sorry.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And who will be paying the financial losses this would result in for the club? Who will be paying for new players once the current ones leave on a free transfer?

Tony Bloom wants Brighton to sell players. Its not going to work otherwise.
Sadly this is true.

The clubs who sell us their future stars along with their agents want to see massive future transfers away from us where they’ll get huge contracted cuts of the fee.

Why sell Caicedo to Manure for £8m when they’ll probably buy him for £80m a few years later with both the selling club and agents getting fat, fat fees.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I personally don’t like the chap given how he left us, who he left us for and the mass exodus he caused. I’ve enjoyed watching Chelsea plummet and Potter not do so well but I’m a bitter, twisted individual with a short memory. Boo him by all means. We all know how much he enjoys that. But death threats and abuse to his family is too far and has no place at all.
They also reveal a complete lack of understanding of pantomime.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Death threats along with their cousins sexist and racist abuse seem to be becoming more and more popular. When I did my jury service 20 plus years ago one of the charges against the defendants was threats to kill. As I remember it it carried a potentially very hefty prison sentence.

How hard can it be to find these people and hit them with the full force of the law. Once some of these sad sacks get serious prison time then all the other trolls will stop.

If the threats are coming form overseas then surely it's not too hard for the social media platforms to present the evidence along with the individuals/clubs to the relevant authorities in whichever jurisdiction is responsible for the abuser.
You are right - it's wrongly been allowed/facilitated to become normalised.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
f*** him. Sympathy will not buy it. He is a f***ing snakey ****. Deserves it being shit there, those pandering to him are everything thats wrong with our fan base. Hes doing this to drum up sympathy votes, prick. Do not trust him.
We'll put you down as on the fence

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Death threats in the social media age are a bit of a nonsense. 99.9% aren't credible. If anything it's just a vehicle for people in the public eye to garner a bit of sympathy when they're under pressure.

In the 90's you had to know some personal details and make a bit of effort to send a death threat, that in itself carries an element of threat.
On Social media any old scumbag can write and send offensive words from anywhere in the world.

I bet the people who murdered Jo Cox and David Amiss didn't send threats, they just went and did it.
This. Things haven’t got better or worse. Provide a platform and the idiotic fringe will use it. We have gun control here to control a certain element’s uncontrolled behaviour. We could do with social media control to achieve the same online or at least @Bozza could provide the stern tellings off on Twitter etc as it works on NSC.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don’t like the bloke. I never have. My list of reasons is too long to list here. I hope Chelss get absolutely battered to bits today. i hope he gets dogs abuse from the fans, and gets sacked in the morning. Then he can be freed from the pressure of a job that is not suited to his method, and freed from all the vile social media threats.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite an astute move by GP to make this public. A subset of Chelsea fans are going to have to own responsibility for any future difficulties in finding the Potter replacement. Any top manager has a choice of jobs and the Chelsea one is becoming more toxic by the week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The whole situation has a real End Of Days feel about it now. Only so many ways of attempting to explain away all these endless mediocre performances. A feeble display v Tottenham and going out of the Champions League to Dortmund and his position is untenable. Truth be told, it already has been for quite some time now. The 'mutual consent' thing beckons anyday now. And there will be nobody more thankful than Potter. He must absolutely hate going to work, no matter how much they're paying him. It's a waking nightmare of his own making

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite an astute move by GP to make this public. A subset of Chelsea fans are going to have to own responsibility for any future difficulties in finding the Potter replacement. Any top manager has a choice of jobs and the Chelsea one is becoming more toxic by the week.
Top managers always succumb to top salaries, they’ll be no shortage of and Chelsea are in that club where money has become meaningless. Half a billion is nothing to the owners. Same at Citeh and NewSandCastle. This is why I don’t understand wrath of their fans citing ‘wasted money’. Firstly it’s not theirs to waste. Secondly when money is meaningless because you’ve too much of it, how can it ever be wasted? You simply spend even more of it until results improve. Inevitably they will by virtue you’ve got more that just about everyone else. That is the ‘modern game.’ Interesting isn’t it?!

Reactions: cjd

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here