Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
When he left I changed a password to "F-offPotter". A month of typing that out every day and I soon got bored of the sentiment. I'm over it. Vengeance destroys the soul.
I voted Fail not because i want vengeance but , because as long as he has an endless cheque book he will continue to look at us as his personal feeder club .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I voted "I want him to fail" but actually I want Chelsea to suffer a slow, painful (football) death.

There is nuance to be had.
I want him to fail because:-

- he's at Chelsea.
- we all said it was a bad move.
- I had so much fun when we played them.
- we are ahead of them.

The longer this goes on the funnier it is, I'm already looking forward to Stamford Bridge, even though I know it's physically impossible for this to continue till then.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When he left for Chelsea is was a bit miffed and sad.
when I heard he had taken Bruno and Ben with him I was angry.
But since then he has made snide remarks in press conference, making out he was the messiah for us and the success was solely down to him and had nothing to do with the great setup of our Club and TB, so I am now happy to see this current phase in his career go a bit tits up.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Never took to him as a manager, always came across as very aloof. Didn't blame him for taking the Chelsea job but to take all the staff as well...? I hope he fails miserably with his reputation in tatters.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Voted for the indifferent option.
GP followed his dream of managing the third best PL club in West London and good luck to him.
Certainly was an ass leaving like he did, taking all but the kitchen sink.
But hey as @Beach Hut has already mentioned, people come and go, but it's the fans that matter.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
As a Brighton fan I think it is better for us if things don’t go well for Potter at Chelsea, particularly if failure means they are below us in the table at the end of the season, so that is how my vote would go. When he left I was disappointed but now we seem to have a better coach I don’t mind so much. UTA.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I work with a Chelsea fan. He was going loopy today, saying “he’s just doing what he did at Brighton”, whatever that is.

Yeah, well that’s what you get for poaching the whole back room, dickhead.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Not comfortable with the idea of wishing any individual unless really obnoxious to fail so voted indifferent. Can't say I wish him well though in the circumstances of and since leaving.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thnk I've said all I want or need to say on the 'Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?' thread, TBH.
Well if anyone wants to start a thread about Paul Winstanley - that really pissed me off big time, even more than Potter tbh because it said Boehly not only wanted our backroom (whose replacements frankly are proving to be a step up) but when that wasn’t enough, Boehly, maybe realising quickly Potter had bitten off more than he could chew, wanted our recruitment and talent spotting skills as well as our data-driven tactical rationales too 😡 the very thing that makes us uniquely successful as a low income club in the PL transfer market, the interpretation of data that found us Cucu for example— hope Boehly was disappointed to find PW didn’t have the access he thought he did. Seems ironic Chelsea now using silly money to do a transfer swoop on De Zerbi’s ex-team‘s star winger - the best thing about Brighton since Potter fcuked off, came out of Ukraine and the Potter/Boehly camp know it - Twats!

Think we should get in ‘We’ve Got Super Tommy Tuchel‘ as assistant coach to De Zerbi in time for Stamford Bridge in April? Is he free?😂

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well if anyone wants to start a thread about Paul Winstanley - that really pissed me off big time, even more than Potter tbh because it said Boehly not only wanted our backroom (whose replacements frankly are proving to be a step up) but when that wasn’t enough, Boehly, maybe realising quickly Potter had bitten off more than he could chew, wanted our recruitment and talent spotting skills as well as our data-driven tactical rationales too 😡 the very thing that makes us uniquely successful as a low income club in the PL transfer market, the interpretation of data that found us Cucu for example— hope Boehly was disappointed to find PW didn’t have the access he thought he did. Seems ironic Chelsea now using silly money to do a transfer swoop on De Zerbi’s ex-team‘s star winger - the best thing about Brighton since Potter fcuked off, came out of Ukraine and the Potter/Boehly camp know it - Twats!

Think we should get in ‘We’ve Got Super Tommy Tuchel‘ as assistant coach to De Zerbi in time for Stamford Bridge in April? Is he free?😂
I have an inkling that TB had/has access to the key metrics and analysis tools, whilst Winstanley or Ashworth didn’t.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I hate the fact that the big money clubs feel they can ( and actually can ) whistle and pick up almost anyone they want. In a totally classless, mid season way when it comes to non playing staff. So I would be happy to see Chelsea and Potter crash and burn just to stick one in the eye of such an owner. In the same way I would have loved it if Newcastle had been relegated last season even after being bought by the Saudis. I was also heartbroken that Bruno left because I felt that he would be the one person who realised that he has plenty of money already and that his attachment to the club was stronger than an even higher bank balance.

Now that Potter has left I find his interviews and mannerisms incredibly bland and samey. It staggers me that his lack of character didn't really strike me when he was with us. It is still too early days to get carried away with Roberto but everything about him so far feels like an upgrade.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I think Chelsea are out of depth when it comes to Potter. He is undoubtedly a very good coach. However, as we are all well aware, he needs time to restructure the squad and change mindsets and I don't think Chelsea have it in them to be patient and reap the rewards in a couple of seasons. Shearer put it well when he said they needed to remember just why it was they grabbed him and all our coaching staff. I am torn. I don't want to wish him ill will but the way he left us brings out the worst in me. That being said it would put a smile on my face to see Chelsea waste a ton of money by sacking him and the coaching staff.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I have an inkling that TB had/has access to the key metrics and analysis tools, whilst Winstanley or Ashworth didn’t.
Boehly and the investors backing him aren't there to do some sportswashing, they're there to make profit. In the last three years Brighton have a net transfer profit while improving results, which is basically unheard of, possibly unprecedented in the history of the Premier League. That comes down to scouting, recruiting and coaching. With the multi-club strategy they are going for, recruiting people who have proven themselves as capable of making money for their clubs could in the long-term turn into a good cash cow. It is quite possible that Winstanley would have been a target for Chelsea regardless if they went for Potter or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here