Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm 'on the fence' - but if you asked the same question about Trossard, Maupay and Connolly, I'd answer OUT.

Our 'strikers' are simply not up to PL standard; none of them.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
In because a) whatever we do, it is decreed he will lead us in the Championship and hopefully do a Farke so what s the point of voting no; b) he cant don his boots and do the job for them. He is being let down badly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think Potter In/Out is too binary and simplistic. It's the combination of players and coaching team that is the problem for me. What we do to change that I have no idea.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I know I said I wouldn’t do this again but are we going to blame the manager or the players?

I cannot tell you how gutting this season has been for me :down:

You should have stuck to your rule. Why keep starting this threads? What does it do except sow division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In because a) whatever we do, it is decreed he will lead us in the Championship and hopefully do a Farke so what s the point of voting no; b) he cant don his boots and do the job for them. He is being let down badly.

He will be poached by a PL club with funds to provide the players he needs if we go down imo. I’d love him to stay if we go down but can’t see it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We need to get through this season then have a clearout of our strikers and give Potter some proper attackers to work with.

100%. Welbeck, no thanks. Connolly or Zeqiri or both out on loan. I can’t see Tau being effective so he could find himself out the door as well. Andone is an unknown. Maupay’s goals last season & this might just save him from the cull.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yup the Potter mania is just a convenient front in his case I reckon, he just enjoys the messageboard shithousery a little too much for someone over the age of 30. Thread will produce more heat than light which is entirely its intention, best to steer clear if you have some regard for your fellow Albion fans

Agree with you and Tom. These constant polls are getting silly.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I am going to admit I have swung between Potter out (mostly in fits of rage) and Potter in over the last few months.

It cannot be denied we are playing brilliant football at times and up until the final third, its lovely to watch. However, Potter cannot be blamed for the fact that the club have decided not to back him with any thing resembling a decent striker (which has been screamingly obviously needed for both this season and last). I mean did anyone seriously think a combination of Connolly, Tau and Maupay was going to cut it? Welbeck has never been prolific and was a cheap option and it hasnt worked out.

Cant blame Bloom and the club if they dont want to spend the money on a decent striker - that's their choice and we have to live with it. It does mean that we have to play at a level that the club are financially comfortable with and I am not sure the Premier league is it. So be it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No. I think he's been extremely unlucky this season and I think we will stay up.
If the worse happens, his style of play with most of these players will destroy the championship next season if that happens.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He will be poached by a PL club with funds to provide the players he needs if we go down imo. I’d love him to stay if we go down but can’t see it.

Possibly but he seems well in with DA, TB, and PB from what little we can gather. Also had vibes that his wife was most unhappy with moving from Swansea; not sure he will move again that quickly. I don't think he is doing much wrong; the payers are letting him down big time.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Sorry, but for me that's an unfair assessment. Our performances show that he is getting the best out of the players but the handful of players responsible for finishing chances simply aren't.

Poor teams struggle because they fail to create chances and concede too many goals. Our style of play creates numerous chances and we conceded comparatively few goals. I just fail to see how we can blame Potter, if anything blame the recruitment team for not supporting him in forward positions

But surely our results reflect our quality of performances. I’m not talking about today as such, but we’ve played 26 games now, we’re 16th with 26 points!
It’s hard to analyse each game but when you’ve played 26 games and we’re still making the same mistakes you have to worry.
All people keep saying is either the team isn’t good enough, or the strikers aren’t good enough, but when I look around the league table there’s plenty of squads/teams that’s have more points than us so something doesn’t quite add up?
I would question, how many players this year have really improved under Potter?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I am going to admit I have swung between Potter out (mostly in fits of rage) and Potter in over the last few months.

It cannot be denied we are playing brilliant football at times and up until the final third, its lovely to watch. However, Potter cannot be blamed for the fact that the club have decided not to back him with any thing resembling a decent striker (which has been screamingly obviously needed for both this season and last). I mean did anyone seriously think a combination of Connolly, Tau and Maupay was going to cut it? Welbeck has never been prolific and was a cheap option and it hasnt worked out.

Cant blame Bloom and the club if they dont want to spend the money on a decent striker - that's their choice and we have to live with it. It does mean that we have to play at a level that the club are financially comfortable with and I am not sure the Premier league is it. So be it.

This, and in fairness to TB etc I think they believed they had landed Nunez (who has turned out to be an Eeyore anyway) and had nowhere else to go. The game in summer will be to realise some cash from White and Biss, and invest upfront.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Please stop these polls. I think we’ve established the fact that most fans support Potter. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal. Potterball is creating plenty of opportunities to win football matches.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Out - the manager lacks credibility:

No passion
Makes the same mistakes week in week in, month in month out
1 home win this season
Publicly stated that he was content with our strikers and purchasing at the start of the season

the guy is a fraud.

Needs to be sacked = tonight preferably

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here