Votes: 270 96.1%
  • Out

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Football is a game with many many opinions, you can’t be right all the time nor wrong.

Potter has his methods, and obviously they take time to mature, you only need to look at the career of Sir Alex of United fame, he nearly got sacked before he got them up and running and winning everything in sight.

No biblical faith. I used my eyes and brain to analyse what I was watching. Something was obviously building.

Did those performances against the likes of Southampton and Sheff Utd really show that? The problem with Potter for a long time has been selection inconsistency and not really knowing his best team of players. Is it a coincidence that we’ve started winning games now that we clearly have a first team group that have been able to gel and grow together at last? His record as manager has been mixed but it’s great that he’s answering critics like me NOW. Being right on a messageboard funnily enough doesn’t mean as much to me as forking out the best part of 1,500 quid to watch Rotherham or Wycombe on a Tuesday night

I have never expected us to get relegated but if we did I would have wanted us to stick with Potter. I have never enjoyed watching us as much as I have since Potter was appointed. A very risky strategy I accept but I have never lost faith and yes I would accept relegation as long as he stayed. I am a Potter fanboy :shrug:

Poyet was fantastic but I always felt he was using us as a stepping stone. I could be wrong but I don’t feel the same about Potter. I don’t think he’ll leave us unless a top 4 club comes in for him. I could be wrong, time will tell.

That’s fine, we all support the club in the way we like, that’s our privilege if we stump up the money on the gate. It’s honest of you to say fanboy. I think most fans are pragmatists and look to some end product, the 3 wins that have transformed our season have come and that’s a huge relief. We can now all enjoy our football more now without the trapdoor dread

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Was never really a Potter out person but I didn't like him constantly tinkering with the side which at times made it look like he wanted to show how clever he was to everyone.

The side looks far more settled now and that's resulted in better team performances which and lead to better results.

The key is don't **** around with the starting XI so much.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
7 (seven) people at the time of writing went out, am I missing something here? We have a very very good manager why would anyone want him to leave

It may not even be seven. As you'll see from all my posts, I'm a huge Potter fan but voted 'out' just to troll the poll.

I'm pretty sure the phrase 'you can count on one hand' probably applies in reality here.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
Yes. You're hangaround level. Takes a bit more devotion before you can have Graham Potter patch on your jacket though.

Thanks, if it helps, I find myself doing a Potterface every time I go back to look at the score

potter.png

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No I disagree, there was no inevitably about it, that’s cult like biblical faith, which you are entitled to believe in if you like but I want real, tangible, measureable progress. We are now getting it at last, and yes it’s good to see it came with some selection consistency, at last, right? And yes, if we go on a dismal run, I’ll reconsider rather than mouth cult chants. As the great John Maynard Keynes said: “if the facts change, my opinion changes.” That’s the method by which you judge all managers

so you were hughton out for the final six months, then?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Football is a game with many many opinions, you can’t be right all the time nor wrong.

Potter has his methods, and obviously they take time to mature, you only need to look at the career of Sir Alex of United fame, he nearly got sacked before he got them up and running and winning everything in sight.

but, i want it all, now

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Casual reminder that a clear majority of posters on this forum were voting out just a few weeks ago. Reminder of just how thick the majority of you are...
That's a bit similar to when Corbyn and then more recently Trump, insisted they won their respective elections.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No I disagree, there was no inevitably about it, that’s cult like biblical faith, which you are entitled to believe in if you like but I want real, tangible, measureable progress. We are now getting it at last, and yes it’s good to see it came with some selection consistency, at last, right? And yes, if we go on a dismal run, I’ll reconsider rather than mouth cult chants. As the great John Maynard Keynes said: “if the facts change, my opinion changes.” That’s the method by which you judge all managers
This is and was a perfect illustration of how a 'normal' and considered fan would think. You judge on the evidence in front of you, not on what you hope will be happening. You form a view, but are flexible enough to adjust your opinions if the evidence to hand changes.

Sanchez's presence, March stopping his relentless back passing, together with giving the majority of the team a good run in the side has produced an upsurge in confidence... we still lack the finishing edge, but who knows, that may change too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm still OUT mate, but I don't like being called thick by the OP,

it's my opinion I don't like Potter as you may have guessed by now. :)

To be honest, even though I think you're wrong, I've got more respect for your view than I have for those who say they've changed their minds. People who were 'out' and are now 'in' have done that on the basis of what, three good results? Three! Fickle even by the standards of modern football fans. Three defeats in the upcoming games and most will be back in your camp: "I was Out, then I was In, now I'm Out again. That purple patch was just a fluke."

This is just an observation on the fickleness of fans. I haven't watched any games this season, but I understand the football is much better than under than under Hughton.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
To be honest, even though I think you're wrong, I've got more respect for your view than I have for those who say they've changed their minds. People who were 'out' and are now 'in' have done that on the basis of what, three good results? Three! Fickle even by the standards of modern football fans. Three defeats in the upcoming games and most will be back in your camp: "I was Out, then I was In, now I'm Out again. That purple patch was just a fluke."

This is just an observation on the fickleness of fans. I haven't watched any games this season, but I understand the football is much better than under than under Hughton.

The football is much better, I'm just not keen on Potter, regardless of how we play.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I always preferred Potter in but I was beginning to suspect that Potter was the problem. Glad to see it's now working.... but actually it isn't. The problem still remains. We can't score.

We should be scoring two or three a game... that's what our play deserves and until we can get the firepower to do that we are going to be struggling... which is a pity because the rest of our play is top 8 level.

Is that a Potter problem, a board problem or just that we don't have the money.... I'm not in the know here but this is where we are.

Can't blame Potter for the tactics and the play at the mo. Long may it continue .... just give us more goals.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
How could anyone have ever said Out? Every stat suggested our luck would change as we were creating chance after chance. Id question their understanding of football.

In that case you should have wanted Hyppia to stay, as this is the reason why Tony refused to sack him and in the end he had to resign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here