Votes: 205 96.2%
  • He should go now?

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I think he should be kept on even if we go down which is looking more likely. We need better players that are consistent. Mooy brilliant one week shit the next. Today he was particularly bad. Trossard brilliant in the first half very poor in the second. I have criticised Stephens this season but thought he was very good today. We have very few players that play consistently. 7 every week. Most are 7 or 8 one week and 3 the next. Bournemouth is a massive game now.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
In .... it's still pretty obvious that we are too good to go down.

tenor.gif

Have you ever heard a good size stone whack someone's body? It is not pleasant at all and most people getting stoned bleed almost immediately. Unless they are getting stoned in a different way then they mostly do not bleed but generally smile a great deal.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
When you see what Chris Wilder is doing at Sheffield United- potter isn’t doing very well. Now that style of football really is worth getting excited by. Giving everything for the cause and not being powderpuff

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Dean Smith obviously changed something at half time today.

You could tell the game had turned and it was crying out for Connolly off, Bissouma in to give us more in midfield.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I like him, I like his football ideals even if they are naive.
He’s made some clangers though and We are arguably getting worse.
I hope he keeps us up, not least because long term, and with wise investment in the squad, there’s the possibility of truly special times.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
When you see what Chris Wilder is doing at Sheffield United- potter isn’t doing very well. Now that style of football really is worth getting excited by. Giving everything for the cause and not being powderpuff

He has done very well but he is almost 4 years in to the job. Everyone of his players knows exactly what they are doing and players he has chosen. Style wise I wouldn’t say it’s breath taking but more efficient. They make you look like they have an extra man all over the pitch. He’s doing a brilliant job but unfair to compare

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Potter in (obviously) but...

Winning 1-0 at home playing 4-4-2. Sit back, take of off a striker and go 4-5-1. Concede. Sounds like a former manager to me.

My worry at the moment is teams like Watford and Villa look like they have better spirit and are more likely to grind out a result

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wrong appointment followed up by a dreadful decision by Bloom to extend his contract. This is going to hurt Bloom massively financially when we get relegated. Always said he made a howler in hiring him. The only correct decision Bloom made was sacking Hughton when he did.
I warned everyone.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wrong appointment followed up by a dreadful decision by Bloom to extend his contract. This is going to hurt Bloom massively financially when we get relegated. Always said he made a howler in hiring him. The only correct decision Bloom made was sacking Hughton when he did.
I warned everyone.
This. Spence, you are the voice of reason. If only more people had your level of insight.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm just in the 'give him more time' camp. But if we go down then it shows sacking Hughton was the wrong decision.

Yep, because we we’re clearly heading in the right direction under a Chris “three wins in 23” Hughton. Interesting to see such a plethora of clubs queuing up to hire him since he went...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I warned everyone.

The crazy thing is, on a micro level GP was 45 minutes away from masterminding a vital 3 points.

Formerly he was a proactive manager who smelt danger and made excellent early subs.

Villa bossed the second 45 straight away and he did nowt. Watching it, like death by a thousand cuts.

Sheer arrogance or incompetence to not crowd Grealish out in the second half. It worked a treat in the first half, so do it again, even it requires an early substitution or two. Hughton-esque.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The crazy thing is, on a micro level GP was 45 minutes away from masterminding a vital 3 points.

Formerly he was a proactive manager who smelt danger and made excellent early subs.

Villa bossed the second 45 straight away and he did nowt. Watching it, like death by a thousand cuts.

Sheer arrogance or incompetence to not crowd Grealish out in the second half. It worked a treat in the first half, so do it again, even it requires an early substitution or two. Hughton-esque.

That's the most worrying aspect of today, imo. What has happened to our dynamic and proactive manager !? Doesn't bode well for a relegation scrap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That was a worry for me to as it was so obvious that we were being bossed and he did NOTHING until they got the goal that was no surprise to me at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here