Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter celebrating with the fans.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Had a group near me who’s response to any mistake on the pitch was to loudly proclaim‘Maupay is ****ing ****’, ‘Webster is ****ing ****’ etc etc. Absolutely tedious.

Quite ! Some young ( ish ! ) lads , who had obviously imbibed considerably , appeared directly behind me after the game had started ( what is all that about ! ) and preceded to spend the next 15 minutes slagging off the formation , the players , the tactics , the passing , etc , etc . Letting all and sundry hear their opinions at full volume in a quite intimidating fashion . Finally after criticising the lack of atmosphere and of singing repeatably ( oh the irony ! ) they decided to move on and annoy some other poor souls , sorry did i say that i meant offer their pearls of wisdom to someone else .The sense of relief around me was palpable and indeed audible !
I think last night i found the boo boys !

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I have been wondering about having a 'hello lads' chat with the spotty yoof who have started sitting behind me this season.

There is only one thing worse than hearing your players screamed at 15 seconds into a match, and that's hearing them screamed at by half-formed voices. Yes, yes I was a teenager once. But.....<sigh>

Sounds a plan, one of your ‘quick’ chats followed by references to obscure 80’s bands to educate them should have the desired effect. :)

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Quite ! Some young ( ish ! ) lads , who had obviously imbibed considerably , appeared directly behind me after the game had started ( what is all that about ! ) and preceded to spend the next 15 minutes slagging off the formation , the players , the tactics , the passing , etc , etc . Letting all and sundry hear their opinions at full volume in a quite intimidating fashion . Finally after criticising the lack of atmosphere and of singing repeatably ( oh the irony ! ) they decided to move on and annoy some other poor souls , sorry did i say that i meant offer their pearls of wisdom to someone else .The sense of relief around me was palpable and indeed audible !
I think last night i found the boo boys !

Sounds like a band of brothers we had behind us, every other word a slurred C reference, they ended up arguing with themselves and threatening each other to top it all off. Marvellous atmosphere created that some would be proud of no doubt. Thankfully they disappeared half way through the first half.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having started the Albion revolution, and with us laying in the top half of the table and things beginning to bear fruit, why on earth would he want to give up on a job half done, just to start all over again at a club below us in the table, and with a history of dismissing managers who don't achieve results very quickly?

Graham Potter isn't going anywhere if he has any sense at all.
Everton is another basket case club atm....boardroom divided, no strategy on or off the pitch and too much spunked on crap players on huge wages. Added to that, fans won't accept someone who's not 'one of their own' after Rafa. It'll be Dunc or Rooney I reckon, but it's not Potter's type of job at all.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They did indeed, chips and greasy burgers. No alcohol though, but that didn't seem to matter somehow.

Or queuing in The Sportsman for what seemed like an eternity and then buying three pints rather than re-queue!

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
I'm pretty sure that when it comes to his job, Potter is most mindful of how Tony feels about things, not about the papers or a very small minority of fickle fair-weather fans.

We all know Tony, and we know how he feels. Like the vast majority of us, he is level headed, has perspective, and is very very happy with how things are going, and Potter has his support 100%.

That's really all that matters, and while that continues to be the case he will just be focused on continuing the great work that him and his staff, the players, and the club as a whole, are doing.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Initially I thought don't be so stupid Potter wouldn't go there, but actually Evertons problems were kind of like ours. Some 'big name' players on big wages and probably not at the level that need moving on, gradual rebuild of the team. (See Propper, Stephens, Ryan, Montoya etc) There is also a suggestion that Everton could be falling foul or at least very close to FFP.

Not sure if Marcel Brands as DoF is any good though, at least Potter knows Ashworth

The problem Everton have is that they have too many people with different opinions. Some of their fans criticize Brands, but in the summer Moshiri wanted a big name and favoured Benitiez, Kenwright wanted tradition in the form of Ferguson, and Brands wanted to build a side with Potter. The three key figures all had different views on what the club needed. Its the absolute opposite of the Albion with Bloom, Barber and Ashworth all reading from the same page.

I have no doubt that Brands will still be interested in Potter, and wouldn't be surprised if Everton approach him at some stage. But as mentioned above, until they get the boardroom sorted, would Potter be interested? Obviously I don't know, but he has often spoken about how great it is to be at a club where everyone pulls in the same direction.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem Everton have is that they have too many people with different opinions. Some of their fans criticize Brands, but in the summer Moshiri wanted a big name and favoured Benitiez, Kenwright wanted tradition in the form of Ferguson, and Brands wanted to build a side with Potter. The three key figures all had different views on what the club needed. Its the absolute opposite of the Albion with Bloom, Barber and Ashworth all reading from the same page.

I have no doubt that Brands will still be interested in Potter, and wouldn't be surprised if Everton approach him at some stage. But as mentioned above, until they get the boardroom sorted, would Potter be interested? Obviously I don't know, but he has often spoken about how great it is to be at a club where everyone pulls in the same direction.

With Brands destroyed by the supporters for many signings now regretted, possibly to be sacked himself.

Chaos.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Well if he was, here's what he can expect if they go on a winless six game run, never mind a nine game run:

[tweet]1465437292286255104[/tweet]

Embarrassing support. I hope they go down.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh what nonsense, first according to NSC, Potter was heading for White Hart Lane to replace Mourinho, (or was it Nuno? . . . both probably), then as he was a Brummie he was bound to go to Aston Villa wasn't he? Now it would seem he is nailed on to become the new manager of Everton.

Those fist pumps and celebrating with the fans was nothing unusual, particularly after securing a point away from home at Wet Sham with a late equaliser.

Agreed. Just tongue in cheek.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure that when it comes to his job, Potter is most mindful of how Tony feels about things, not about the papers or a very small minority of fickle fair-weather fans.

We all know Tony, and we know how he feels. Like the vast majority of us, he is level headed, has perspective, and is very very happy with how things are going, and Potter has his support 100%.

That's really all that matters, and while that continues to be the case he will just be focused on continuing the great work that him and his staff, the players, and the club as a whole, are doing.

Potter wouldn't find many clubs where he would get such freedom & stability. Potter was our main target as he fits perfectly into our plans. His focus is around coaching and developing each individual to maximise the collective gains. Many sides replace their managers following a poor run of results over 10 games so Potter would have to receive an incredible offer/opportunity to join a club that is run so differently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you imagine the utter SCENES when we next win a game?

I expect nothing less than Potter diving into the Albion fans and crowd-surfing his way around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here