Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potential Striker Signing...Ashley Barnes?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In the photo he is leaping away, right fist punching the air after having scored a goal. So you can't see his face; the main focus is in fact his somewhat sizeable arse.

I LOVE IT.

Can I just double check..... punching the "air"?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Barnes scored 4 goals from open play and 2 penalties in the 5 months he played this season. I'm not a hater of his, but let's not re-write history. £750k was a good bit of business for him, especially with less than 6 months remaining in his contract.

Anyone who accuses TB of 'penny pinching' needs to be prepared to put up 14m of their own money every year if they think we should be turning down offers like this.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
24 years old
Very good League One scoring record, pretty good in Championship considering playing in all sorts of positions
Improving year on year
Works his ARSE off for the team
Called Ashley Barnes

Sign him up!

Even in your sales pitch you're apologising for his, at best, modest goalscoring ability. Let it go. He was an average tryhard who didn't score many goals. We're not getting him back.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He swopped sitting on our bench for sitting on Burnleys, this suggests 2 things to me, 1 he is either earning more money or 2 he has a longer contract. If it is 2 that means if they get promoted within the next couple of years, as we should do, they will be left with a player not good enough for the Premier rather than us.

But he was often playing rather than sitting on the bench.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Makes you wonder sometimes, Let's wait and see what fines and punishments are dished out before say we should not have adhered to them. Bloom is a card player and used to playing the long game, I for one back him 100% until I am PROVED otherwise.

Spot on poker is often misunderstood as a game of bluff when it's really a game of patience and odds.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Re Barnes or anybody players are far more mercenary than many fans think.They are not fans of the clubs they play for despite all the badge kissing.Like the rest of us they will seek an employer who will pay them the most for plying their trade.Thats not to say they don't give their best for a club but they are not fans just hired hands.Players come and go that's what the transfer window is all about.Sure we can love them while they are playing for the Albion but don't get to attached because most of them are here to earn a living not fulfill a life's ambition

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used the wrong tense, that's all. What I meant, was that he wasn't doing much for us in January, and I wouldn't have expected him to do much for us over the next 4 months. I appreciate what he did for us up until his departure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here