Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post your favourite Northern Soul tunes here

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Incidently I recently went to a discussion about acid house which featured David Ball (the other one in Soft Cell) and he spoke about his time on the Northern Soul scene and the links and parallels with acid house. If you get a chance to hear him talk do....he s an interesting and very funny guy who has lived through and been part of a number of music scenes (Northern Soul, NY 70s disco scene and acid house).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Incidently I recently went to a discussion about acid house which featured David Ball (the other one in Soft Cell) and he spoke about his time on the Northern Soul scene and the links and parallels with acid house. If you get a chance to hear him talk do....he s an interesting and very funny guy who has lived through and been part of a number of music scenes (Northern Soul, NY 70s disco scene and acid house).

I can well imagine.

He probably had one of the worst jobs in pop - standing behind Marc Almond, having prime viewing sight of his arse and, in moments of having his mind wander - wondering what on earth had been up there recently.

:nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can well imagine.

He probably had one of the worst jobs in pop - standing behind Marc Almond, having prime viewing sight of his arse and, in moments of having his mind wander - wondering what on earth had been up there recently.

:nono:

...might have been part of the reason for his huuuge drug intake at the time?

[yt]_sXRRB-pG-M[/yt]

:thumbsup:

That's one they play at the UBER-cool 60's night-club at the Hanbury Rooms on St James St "Mojo-2-GoGo".

The DJs there seem to have ALL the good gear! The only trouble is, I have to keep going up and asking them "who the hell made this record??" and then spend loads more on eBay getting a copy of something I'd never heard of a day earlier!

Mojo-2-GoGo - great club, third Friday of every month (great for people-watching too, as everyone dresses in mod clobber, Carnaby Street, and birds with Mary Quant hair etc).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's one they play at the UBER-cool 60's night-club at the Hanbury Rooms on St James St "Mojo-2-GoGo".

The DJs there seem to have ALL the good gear! The only trouble is, I have to keep going up and asking them "who the hell made this record??" and then spend loads more on eBay getting a copy of something I'd never heard of a day earlier!

Mojo-2-GoGo - great club, third Friday of every month (great for people-watching too, as everyone dresses in mod clobber, Carnaby Street, and birds with Mary Quant hair etc).

I'll up my cod-liver oil and anti-inflammatories and maybe give it a whirl. Bring your own talc?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Sounds like the night I used to do about 12 years ago - 'Move On Up' it was called. Soul, ska, 60s, mod, etc.

Marvellous times. I must get back into doing that again one day.

[yt]_sXRRB-pG-M[/yt]

:thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
probably not obscure enough for the hardcore but....

Chuck Wood - Seven days too long

The Adlibs - New York in the dark.

and of course...

Dobie Gray - Out on the floor.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jimmy James - A Man like Me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here