Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Post Office Scandal -

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
She was in charge for 5 years without knowing the PO did it's own criminal investigations and prosecutions?? I knew that before her.....
Of course she knew. I don’t believe a word she says, and I think she’s lied through her teeth all morning and every day leading up to this. Listen to the laughter in the gallery. Everyone can see through her.

If this were a criminal trial she’d have been strongly advised to “plead out” once they got all these damning emails in discovery.

Disgraceful.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does this lead to anything or is it just a chance for her to deny everything?

Will there be a prosecution? Jail time? Fines?

Or can she just say “I can’t recall” for half a day and then forget all about it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How could this person work for the Post Office for their first five years without realising that the organisation prosecuted its own staff and in fact had a hundred-strong department tasked with doing exactly that? Anybody else smell fish? ???
Exactly. It's bollocks.

And she didn't just 'work' for the PO - she was Managing Director.

All she had to do was read Private Eye, and I cannot believe that the senior folk at the PO did not read about PO prosecutions in the press. As I say above - I knew before her, and I have never worked for the PO. It's simply unbelievable.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Does this lead to anything or is it just a chance for her to deny everything?

Will there be a prosecution? Jail time? Fines?

Or can she just say “I can’t recall” for half a day and then forget all about it?
The latter.

But she's very upset and sorrowful...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. It's bollocks.

And she didn't just 'work' for the PO - she was Managing Director.

All she had to do was read Private Eye, and I cannot believe that the senior folk at the PO did not read about PO prosecutions in the press. As I say above - I knew before her, and I have never worked for the PO. It's simply unbelievable.
This. And having worked in IT all my life, much of it in IT testing, the first port of call for suspicion when 'fraud levels' went through the roof should have been teething problems with a brand new IT system. A cursory glance at the IT system's database of defects (every IT project has one) would have shown exactly where the problems lay. The whole thing stinks of a cover-up

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
BBC:

“When you spoke to John Scott about this, did you say John, I’ve been in the organisation for five or six years, I didn’t know you had a team of 100 people that were investigating up and down the country sub-postmasters and sending them to prison. How come I didn’t know?” Beer asks.

Laughter can be hard in the inquiry room as Beer poses the question.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How could this person work for the Post Office for their first five years without realising that the organisation prosecuted its own staff and in fact had a hundred-strong department tasked with doing exactly that? Anybody else smell fish? ???
From my limited experience in the higher education sector and in research societies and in science publishing, those that float to the top put 'the good' of the organization at the top of their priorities, are not interested in any distractions, are fluent in weasel words. and take a 'measured' approach.

It is what the system/society seems to want.

I am a troublemaker at work and will call out rubric flaws as soon as I see them. One of my colleagues, who rose up to be head of something, just shakes his head sadly at me and says 'it will work out in the end; it always does'.

For most of us, that's good enough. And when things go tits up these 'leaders' don't have the skill set to deal with the issues. They close ranks. They 'talk down' the credibility of the complainants. The 'see the bigger picture'. The 'can't quite remember' the details..... and if it goes really tits up they actively cover up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there actually a reason the police aren’t investigating this?
Nobody is guilty of any criminal act.

When postmasters were lied to about each one being the only one under investigation, this was a clerical error.

Errors of judgement are not criminal acts.

With hindsight people may have done things differently.

Etc. etc.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
From my limited experience in the higher education sector and in research societies and in science publishing, those that float to the top put 'the good' of the organization at the top of their priorities, are not interested in any distractions, are fluent in weasel words. and take a 'measured' approach.

It is what the system/society seems to want.

I am a troublemaker at work and will call out rubric flaws as soon as I see them. One of my colleagues, who rose up to be head of something, just shakes his hed sadly at me and says 'it will work out in the end; it always does'.

For most of us, that's good enough. And when things go tits up these 'leaders' don't have the skill set to deal with the issues. They close ranks. They 'talk down' the credibility of the complainants. The 'see the bigger picture'. The 'can't quite remember' the details..... and if it goes really tits up they actively cover up.
Had very similar experiences, it's like some kind of chip has been implanted in their brain. They always have a skeleton though.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nobody is guilty of any criminal act.

When postmasters were lied to about each one being the only one under investigation, this was a clerical error.

Errors of judgement are not criminal acts.

With hindsight people may have done things differently.

Etc. etc.
Perjury and fraud could easily be tested in court, for starters. Given the trove of paper evidence, surely have a jury decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here