Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Post Office Scandal -

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That number of 600 bugs is ludicrously low for a major IT project (unless there were very inadequate levels of testing done) The actual number would have run into the thousands. Many of them would have been categorised as Low Level (every bug is assigned a Level), and some of them would have been categorised as Resolved. Sounds to me very much like Horizon Project Director had been economical with the truth (probably for reasons of making project deadlines and triggering project milestone payments) when reporting up to the Project Board and beyond. Make them produce the database of bugs. That'd bring things into focus in double quick time

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jesus wept
At least he had reason to .... PV's tears are nothing but a sham ....
1716380060889.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It used to be the case that senior management in any organisation got paid more because when the shit hit the fan they took the responsibility and carried the can. It seems everyone at the Post Office was more than happy with the inflated salary but can’t bring themselves to accept responsibility.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I think it will come to that, I hope it will come to that, if not...my faith in this country being a fair and just democracy will plummet even further ☹️

PV was advised during questioning about incriminating herself in answering, which, according to the guardian live blog, tends to be something that is mentioned when police/CPS have an interest in the matter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What is the point of the inquiry btw? Will anything actually be done? Compensation has been issued. Will corporates land in jail?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
a. Will anything actually be done? Compensation has been issued. b. Will corporates land in jail?
Point a - it's only been issued to a very small number of Subs and they've been underpaid for what they went through. Point b - we can only hope.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Point a - it's only been issued to a very small number of Subs and they've been underpaid for what they went through. Point b - we can only hope.
Thank you. Hard to cut through to discover this so appreciate.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not looking good for her, nor the Government.
Needs a huge story to cover all this up.
Stand by for an election date, seriously.
People don’t vote in elections based on injustice. They vote for whoever’s going to make them richer in the main.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yeah, then she'll go back to being a good Christian minister...or whatever she is
I always thought that seeing the light was a peculiarly American thing to do when somebody got caught with their fingers in the till or their pants around their ankles and wanted to be accepted back into polite society but with recent events with Paula Vennells and Russell Brand it seems to have crossed the pond

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Paula Vennells doesn't seem to have had the same slogan on her desk as US President Truman - "The Buck Stops Here".

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I always thought that seeing the light was a peculiarly American thing to do when somebody got caught with their fingers in the till or their pants around their ankles and wanted to be accepted back into polite society but with recent events with Paula Vennells and Russell Brand it seems to have crossed the pond
Most dodgy or dubious things seem to cross the pond, don't they ☹️

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Now I know this would never happen, but wouldn’t it be great if she was arrested on the steps of the building as she went to leave. :lol:
Preferably for a crime she didn't commit, and then was found guilty and made bankrupt and imprisoned. Hopefully this lot are too old now to help her :

1716382586433.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What is the point of the inquiry btw? Will anything actually be done? Compensation has been issued. Will corporates land in jail?
easy answers: inquiry is there to have every facet and detail covered; yes, a very large report will be published of said details; compensation is already being processed (delayed due to inquiry); no, as they'll all have some defense and even prosecution unlikely as not in public interest (even if public think otherwise).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here