Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match thread - Reading

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Their stadium is a nightmare to get away from. Vydra looked expensive at £2.5m.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Not one to blow my own trumpet, but I would say we are a good team. We finished 19th last year, lots of investment before the transfer deadline which resulted in 7 wins from 9. In the last couple of games we have lost some momentum due to injuries (Quinn was a key player in that run) and some players coming back lacking match fitness (see Vydra). Today was all about bouncing back from last week's horror show so weren't going to be at our free-flowing best, against the unbeaten league-leaders.

Two cents and all that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not one to blow my own trumpet, but I would say we are a good team. We finished 19th last year, lots of investment before the transfer deadline which resulted in 7 wins from 9. In the last couple of games we have lost some momentum due to injuries. Today was all about bouncing back from last week's horrow show so weren't going to be at our free-flowing best, against the unbeaten league-leaders.

Two cents and all that.

Pretty similar to us really.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not one to blow my own trumpet, but I would say we are a good team. We finished 19th last year, lots of investment before the transfer deadline which resulted in 7 wins from 9. In the last couple of games we have lost some momentum due to injuries (Quinn was a key player in that run) and some players coming back lacking match fitness (see Vydra). Today was all about bouncing back from last week's horror show so weren't going to be at our free-flowing best, against the unbeaten league-leaders.

Two cents and all that.

One thing, the Orlando Sa chant to Gold, which numpty came up with that? It doesn't even fit the original song, and why were you singing about Paul Scholes as he never played for you

I do think you are a good team but I've seen us play better teams this season, think you'll finish top 10 but miss out on the play-offs personally

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Another very tight game. Dunk and Uwe looked class, complimented each other nicely and Stockdale was very impressive until conceding. Everyone put in a shift against a Reading side who should feature in the play offs at least. Only complaint from me is that I thought our subs were made way too late.

Reading's home support was again cringeworthy beyond belief. That Orlando Sa song!!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
One thing, the Orlando Sa chant to Gold, which numpty came up with that? It doesn't even fit the original song, and why were you singing about Paul Scholes as he never played for you

I do think you are a good team but I've seen us play better teams this season, think you'll finish top 10 but miss out on the play-offs personally

Agreed, that Sa song was cringey as ****.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
On another note, how great would it have been if that backpass had gone in :lolol:

Shame we didn't get more balls into the box today, Al-Habsi is a disaster waiting to happen.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I thought we were very impressive in defence.

After Preston, having Stephens and Kayal back made a massive difference.

We do need width and creativity though.

Baldock was far too deep at times working his socks off when he should have been hovering around the penalty spot

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Jesus wept. Just got back and feels like it's been an away day to Leeds or Blackpool or wherever, the trains are hard work. We were outplayed for most of the first but we sat back and invited pressure. Second half was much better and Hemed worked so hard, he really shined.

So Reading are a top team then? Meh, they were nothing special, Bristol City impressed me more and the Reading fans were pathetic. One tune for most of the game (Sloop John) and retro homophobic chants.
Trains to Paddington pretty much every 10 minutes or less, I presume you were heading back south?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Pretty bad atmosphere from us too, that was the second away game in a row now we we've been really poor. What's happened? Granted Reading away is a classic for the "I want to sit in my allocated seat" nerds so all the rowdy lot get split up but it was just "We're top of the league" and Al-bi-yawn constantly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty bad atmosphere from us too, that was the second away game in a row now we we've been really poor. What's happened? Granted Reading away is a classic for the "I want to sit in my allocated seat" nerds so all the rowdy lot get split up but it was just "We're top of the league" and Al-bi-yawn constantly.
It was alright, I've been to worse than that (Bristol City and Birmingham were like wakes). There were quite a few children and mums there yesterday, with it being half term and fairly local, which means that the language/chanting was a little milder than usual.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It was alright, I've been to worse than that (Bristol City and Birmingham were like wakes). There were quite a few children and mums there yesterday, with it being half term and fairly local, which means that the language/chanting was a little milder than usual.

If only. The attempt at an atmosphere around us seemed to consist of immature little runts sharing a brain cell and the joy of being allowed out to have a pint of lager by shouting 'c***' at maximum volume about every 20 seconds, with little relation to what was happening on the pitch. After putting up with it for the whole of the second half, my wife turned round to see who these charmers were, only all too predictably, to be told to '**** off'. And then the barrage of 'c***'s continued. Nice.

Now I've been going to football all my life, have been known to lose the plot and even swear like a trooper at times but repeatedly shouting 'c***' for no discernible reason, especially around women and kids ... Grow up eh?

Having spent years telling rugby fans how football supporters get a bad press & that a little bit of a feisty atmosphere is a good thing, 90 minutes in the presence of those dimwits made me pretty despairing at what counts for 'support' these days. No wit, no invention, no actual support in fact - just moronic, mindless, constant abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here