Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match Leeds: De Zerbi - "We need to learn and improve"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Football managers not being able to say the word suffering because there’s a war in Ukraine is one of the strangest hills I’ve seen somebody die on.

This website is comedy gold sometimes.
It might be an odd hill to die on but it’s spot on. Suffering isn’t a millionaire losing one nil to Southampton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn’t say he loved the club, clearly he’s an employee and not a ‘fan’ as such, but then again, you know this… however, Roberto has the vision (I suspect) to see the worth (yes, in career terms, but also he’s an emotional guy - he wants to feel it) in making real history at this (little) club… he keeps talking about the ‘possibility’ as such (currently) he’s invested in (jointly) making a huge leap into our first ever European ‘venture… he clearly is driven by making that a reality with this group and (yes) this club.

Graham could have stayed and (maybe) done the same, but his own hubris and money grabbing/spending (easy route) preference saw him run out on the club that he claims (lol) he owes much too… he either lacked the vision or (more worryingly) had a lack of faith in this group of players or even his own abilities to deliver that piece of tangible history… or (and this is what I think) he literally didn’t give a shit about making history here - why should he care ? When the Potter brand was hot… like I say - his glorious future, his footballing ‘story’ matters more to him than anything or anyone else. As a fan of any club that’s just urghhhh. He could have waited, done it right, but oh no…

The other night Graham put on a show of emotion, an act - I was incredulous 🤨 it was hilarious… they lapped it up, it deserved an Oscar. He’s calculating and cold, emotionless, yet cunning - you say he and Roberto are similar ?!? Not so, they are polar opposites.

I like genuine people, not cloak and dagger puppet masters.

Yes - I like Roberto, he clearly likes an underdog, (endearing himself to a huge section of our support) he believes in this group, he believes in himself and why should he care ? Well, maybe he wants to leave a real legacy - as you say, I’m sure he’ll go, but maybe he’ll leave more behind than cold council and a teeth sucking shrug of what might have beens… by God even trophy 🏆!!! Now, that would be something.
Apart from the fact that Graham accepted an offer that no sane person would refuse, 110% in agreement.

Oh, and the puppet master thing.....I love a puppet master, me. :shrug:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
We need to learn how to shoot when we are standing in front of goal with the ball at our feet and we need improve our aim so we don't shoot straight at the keeper, over the bar, round the post etc....

Is Bruno still our attacking coach?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Football managers not being able to say the word suffering because there’s a war in Ukraine is one of the strangest hills I’ve seen somebody die on.

This website is comedy gold sometimes.
I suffer every time I try to get out of bed in the morning.

There, I said it!

:wink:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Apart from the fact that Graham accepted an offer that no sane person would refuse, 110% in agreement.

Oh, and the puppet master thing.....I love a puppet master, me. :shrug:

I would have refused, but then again I’m emotionally compromised… lol.

As for a master of puppets, I knew it - you’re Kirk Hammett and I claim my pick of destiny.. 🎸

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It might be an odd hill to die on but it’s spot on. Suffering isn’t a millionaire losing one nil to Southampton

Very true, but then again I'm not aware of any team actually parking the bus, no set of fans is actually an army and I've yet to see a team throw a kitchen sink when they're chasing a game. Football is full of stupid exaggerations.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very true, but then again I'm not aware of any team actually parking the bus, no set of fans is actually an army and I've yet to see a team throw a kitchen sink when they're chasing a game. Football is full of stupid exaggerations.
How often are parrots sick?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't believe "we need to learn and improve" is at all similar to "take the positives and move on". Roberto doesn't want to take the f ing positives. He wants to analyse the negatives and learn from them so they happen less often. It's a different mentality.
So why does he keeps bringing up that the team was "fantastic" or "very pleasing" after every loss or draw?

Is it somehow a problem to take the positives from a performance and keep working in the direction of those positives through learning and improving?
I didn’t say he loved the club, clearly he’s an employee and not a ‘fan’ as such, but then again, you know this… however, Roberto has the vision (I suspect) to see the worth (yes, in career terms, but also he’s an emotional guy - he wants to feel it) in making real history at this (little) club… he keeps talking about the ‘possibility’ as such (currently) he’s invested in (jointly) making a huge leap into our first ever European ‘venture… he clearly is driven by making that a reality with this group and (yes) this club.

Graham could have stayed and (maybe) done the same, but his own hubris and money grabbing/spending (easy route) preference saw him run out on the club that he claims (lol) he owes much too… he either lacked the vision or (more worryingly) had a lack of faith in this group of players or even his own abilities to deliver that piece of tangible history… or (and this is what I think) he literally didn’t give a shit about making history here - why should he care ? When the Potter brand was hot… like I say - his glorious future, his footballing ‘story’ matters more to him than anything or anyone else. As a fan of any club that’s just urghhhh. He could have waited, done it right, but oh no…

The other night Graham put on a show of emotion, an act - I was incredulous 🤨 it was hilarious… they lapped it up, it deserved an Oscar. He’s calculating and cold, emotionless, yet cunning - you say he and Roberto are similar ?!? Not so, they are polar opposites.

I like genuine people, not cloak and dagger puppet masters.

Yes - I like Roberto, he clearly likes an underdog, (endearing himself to a huge section of our support) he believes in this group, he believes in himself and why should he care ? Well, maybe he wants to leave a real legacy - as you say, I’m sure he’ll go, but maybe he’ll leave more behind than cold council and a teeth sucking shrug of what might have beens… by God even trophy 🏆!!! Now, that would be something.
Yeah of course he's a true idealist. Leaving Sassuolo for a club (Shakhtar) that has won 13 league titles since 2001, a club that happens to be owned by Putins buddy - the richest bloke in Ukraine, Rinat Akhmeov. A real rags to riches story huh. Spending five minutes at Shakhtar before saying in an interview that he was learning English "because of his future career".

Like I said, if things go well, you will be very disappointed one day to find out that Roberto De Zerbi isn't some godlike hero - just a man and a football manager who wants to take his career as far as he can. He had no problems leaving Sassuolo for a club owned by one of the most shady people in Ukraine, why would he have a problem leaving Brighton for say Chelsea or similar?

Alright... "Suffering" according to dictionaries: "physical or mental pain", coming from a Latin word called "suffere" meaning "to endure".

Pretty wide expression that can be used in several different contexts... but I'm pretty excited about a couple of blokes wanting to change the meaning of a very old word. But wouldn't it be easier to invent a new one for the extremes you both seem to think needs to happen before you can "suffer"?
I would have refused, but then again I’m emotionally compromised… lol.
Yes yes, you, GB and a couple of others said you would turn down £50m to coach Chelsea.

Like I said then: I don't believe it. But we've had this discussion before. You're not going to convince me you would turn down £50m out of loyalty for Brighton, and I won't convince you that you would actually take those £50m, if offered, to make yourself and your kids and grandkids live a very nice life.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
mmm Shaktar are / were basically Man City of Ukraine.

I’ve been to their stadium before it got bombed - not sure you can describe them as ‘underdogs’ playing in this every week

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I feel like I'm suffering when I read some of the shite spouted on here sometimes. I really feel for my brain and my eyes - at those points they are in a really bad moment 😱

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Swansman but this is a whole thread with no purpose other than to piss off any Brighton fan because his beloved Graham has actually got a couple of results despite having the hardest job in the world and spending £300m.

Pack it in.
:goal:

The Chavs have broken global spending records and have beaten low budget Leeds, Dortmund and Leicester. That’s all.

I said in other threads that wins would come and that Boehly would stick with him.

Football is a money league come the end of a season, fact.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Always find myself completely agreeing with him. Graeme was often following the party line where-as RDZ seems to have that slight edge/spark/fire all be it with the right balance. They say the same things but in different ways.

Yes performance over result is an issue for us again and again but he finds the right words and nuanced focus/balance compared to others who are more cliched.

Yes two balls on the pitch and we all know if it was a top 6 side on the receiving end it would 100% have been disallowed with 11 players swarming the ref. Any of the other 14 it would 100% be given even with a swarm. No complaints as wasn’t interfering really and barely on plus briefly, but the tangent fact stated should be acknowledged as a different issue and fixed despite being prevalent in other sports too. I always think the NBA is the prime example but are lots of others and happens on player level as well as club level.

I love our player’s/club’s mentality at the moment. Similar to GP’s time it’s never too high or too low etc. but it has that RDZ edge and swagger. That simple yet complex. That confidence yet realism and admitting/acknowledging both good and bad sides. This summer and next season will again be difficult but I have quiet confidence in the club as a whole to continue building and showing the world how things can be done. Every knock we get with a departure and every new level we climb we seem to have everything in place be it personnel waiting and already prepared, or a plan researched and ready to execute. We’re so lucky to have been born Brighton fans. RDZ and players please stay on the ride for a bit longer.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
They need to learn how to kick for goal. RDZ should cancel normal practice for the next few days and have them all kicking for goal hour after hour until they are thoroughly fed up with it. They won't miss gimme goals again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes yes, you, GB and a couple of others said you would turn down £50m to coach Chelsea.

Like I said then: I don't believe it. But we've had this discussion before. You're not going to convince me you would turn down £50m out of loyalty for Brighton, and I won't convince you that you would actually take those £50m, if offered, to make yourself and your kids and grandkids live a very nice life.
What's your starting point for me? My current job or already being paid millions, living in a £3 million house near Hove seafront near to where my wife can finally run a Pilates course and make friends after eight years of living in the freezing arse end of nowhere?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest was GP the new style arm waving enthusiast on the touchline again yesterday? Or was the Dortmund game a one off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here