Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Post-match Leeds: De Zerbi - "We need to learn and improve"

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've been thinking about posting post-match comments from the managers (both generally, but I can't be bothered to hear what the Leeds dullard said) for a while and no better opportunity to start it than when RDZ has just uttered the magical words of "we need to learn and improve".

Really pleased with the performance
"I think we lost two points today, We played very well against a good team, an alive team. I'm really sorry for the result, because for the quality of play, the mentality, the performance of my players I am really pleased.

Two balls on the pitch, but wasn't the issue
"There were two balls on the pitch but we had to be more concentrated in that part of the game because we had many chances to close the game, to kill the game and we have to learn and improve in this part. When we have to close the game, we must be more tough."

Like lions... kind of
"[My players were] Like lions. In terms of mentality we were fantastic and I think in that part of the second half, also Leeds fans understood the game was very, very difficult for them. For this I told [you] we had the possibility to close the game and maybe in that part we lost two points."

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Is this some veiled attempt to claim that, in spite of his brilliant and passionate vocabulary, Roberto is akin to Graham ? The old LOOK, he’s said something we ‘all’ criticised Graham for!

It’s a bit if a stretch, and the thing is -Roberto is infinitely more likeable than Graham… he’s about making history here, not here being a part of his glorious history.

I've been thinking about posting post-match comments from the managers (both generally, but I can't be bothered to hear what the Leeds dullard said) for a while and no better opportunity to start it than when RDZ has just uttered the magical words of "we need to learn and improve".

Really pleased with the performance
"I think we lost two points today, We played very well against a good team, an alive team. I'm really sorry for the result, because for the quality of play, the mentality, the performance of my players I am really pleased.

Two balls on the pitch, but wasn't the issue
"There were two balls on the pitch but we had to be more concentrated in that part of the game because we had many chances to close the game, to kill the game and we have to learn and improve in this part. When we have to close the game, we must be more tough."

Like lions... kind of
"[My players were] Like lions. In terms of mentality we were fantastic and I think in that part of the second half, also Leeds fans understood the game was very, very difficult for them. For this I told [you] we had the possibility to close the game and maybe in that part we lost two points."
Oh, you’re back. When will you give it a rest? 😂😂

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like his lions and big balls and thank f*** we are not ‘suffering’ anymore
Oh, this x100

I am absolutely sick to death hearing about teams "suffering". I'm sure its GP who kicked off this tedious turn of phrase.
"We had to suffer to get the result"
"We as a club are all suffering a bit at the moment"
"The second half we had to suffer" etc etc etc

NO. People in Ukraine are suffering. People in Turkey/Syria are suffering. Your £300k-a-week prancing primadonna pricks who can't string 2 or 3 results together are not "suffering" in the slightest, Graham. Please RDZ - do NOT go down this deluded ponced-up rabbithole.

Anyway, having read his comments he's right. Leeds should have had their arses handed to them on a plate, but unlike last week, we simply weren't ruthless enough. He went TOTO on the touchline booting the waterbottles into orbit (and getting a soaking in the process). That's exactly how I felt in my living room, and had it not involved a drenched TV and a ballistic doris, I'd have done the same with my San Miguel.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh, this x100

I am absolutely sick to death hearing about teams "suffering". I'm sure its GP who kicked off this tedious turn of phrase.
"We had to suffer to get the result"
"We as a club are all suffering a bit at the moment"
"The second half we had to suffer" etc etc etc

NO. People in Ukraine are suffering. People in Turkey/Syria are suffering. Your £300k-a-week prancing primadonna pricks who can't string 2 or 3 results together are not "suffering" in the slightest, Graham. Please RDZ - do NOT go down this deluded ponced-up rabbithole.

Anyway, having read his comments he's right. Leeds should have had their arses handed to them on a plate, but unlike last week, we simply weren't ruthless enough. He went TOTO on the touchline booting the waterbottles into orbit (and getting a soaking in the process). That's exactly how I felt in my living room, and had it not involved a drenched TV and a ballistic doris, I'd have done the same with my San Miguel.
Good to know that you can't suffer without being in some kind of war or similar. "Nah granny, you don't suffer from a bad heart because you're not in a mass grave in Ukraine".

I suppose you can't be "bad" either because... Fred West was bad. Or you can't be "fantastic" because having a kid is fantastic.

Anyway, agree in general it was fair comments. Leeds are certainly a" very good team" and it was a very pleasing performance.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good to know that you can't suffer without being in some kind of war or similar. "Nah granny, you don't suffer from a bad heart because you're not in a mass grave in Ukraine".

I suppose you can't be "bad" either because... Fred West was bad. Or you can't be "fantastic" because having a kid is fantastic.

Anyway, agree in general it was fair comments. Leeds are certainly a" very good team" and it was a very pleasing performance.....
This insidious phrase "suffering" has wormed its way into footballspeak in the last year or so, and IMO it has no place in it. To describe a team getting outplayed, falling back and riding their luck under pressure as "suffering" is bloody ridiculous. Its a word used completely out of context, and I find it irritating.

When we got humped 5-0 at Palace I was there - but I wasn't SUFFERING. Mightily pissed off. Angry. Embarrassed. But suffering ? Do behave.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is this some veiled attempt to claim that, in spite of his brilliant and passionate vocabulary, Roberto is akin to Graham ? The old LOOK, he’s said something we ‘all’ criticised Graham for!

It’s a bit if a stretch, and the thing is -Roberto is infinitely more likeable than Graham… he’s about making history here, not here being a part of his glorious history.
Of course they are quite similar, otherwise Tony wouldn't have hired any of them.
RDZ might be more likeable than Graham - I can see how the majority of people would think that. I like him to. But you thinking that RDZ is in Brighton because of his love for the club rather than because of his own desires... prepare to get really, really disappointed when Man City/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea come for him and he's off like a rocket. "Shit, he cared more about himself and his career than about this club he'd barely heard of a year ago".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, you’re back. When will you give it a rest? 😂😂
He's been back for a while, and started a brilliant thread on the players who have left the albion since 2018.

Perhaps you might give it a rest?

(Just bantz - albeit I can see you holding hands with yourself).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This insidious phrase "suffering" has wormed its way into footballspeak in the last year or so, and IMO it has no place in it. To describe a team getting outplayed, falling back and riding their luck under pressure as "suffering" is bloody ridiculous. Its a word used completely out of context, and I find it irritating.

When we got humped 5-0 at Palace I was there - but I wasn't SUFFERING. Mightily pissed off. Angry. Embarrassed. But suffering ? Do behave.
I was at that game.

I suffered the whole weekend. :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I pretend to find that very annoying. Angry or pissed off is something you get when you get robbed or someone strangles a kitten or someone kidnaps your wife (for longer than you find pleasant) or burns down your house. Getting angry over some football.. pfff, find it completely out of context.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was at that game.

I suffered the whole weekend. :shrug:
I was pissed off that whole weekend and beyond.

But to describe it as suffering is just melodramatic Potterspeak bollocks. Suffering death threats - THATS suffering. Not seeing Havertz spoon another limp effort into the stands in a 0-0 v Bournemouth.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was pissed off that whole weekend and beyond.

But to describe it as suffering is just melodramatic Potterspeak bollocks. Suffering death threats - THATS suffering. Not seeing Havertz spoon another limp effort into the stands in a 0-0 v Bournemouth.
So if you'd write a dictionary description of the word "suffering" (because clearly according to you, the old definitions are unacceptable), what would it sound like? At what point does whatever is "before suffering" into actual "suffering"?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I pretend to find that very annoying. Angry or pissed off is something you get when you get robbed or someone strangles a kitten or someone kidnaps your wife (for longer than you find pleasant) or burns down your house. Getting angry over some football.. pfff, find it completely out of context.
Well you watch all your football on a laptop, with multiple random teams, so I'd venture you are not invested enough in any football club to ever experience emotions such as anger, frustration, elation, or just being mightily pissed off.

If or when you ever make that step, you might be able to speak from a position of understanding. But not at the moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if you'd write a dictionary description of the word "suffering" (because clearly according to you, the old definitions are unacceptable), what would it sound like? At what point does whatever is "before suffering" into actual "suffering"?
I'm saying the word "suffering" is now being glibly and routinely banded about by managers in various interviews when speaking about football. Quite simply, its a word that is being used completely out of context. Had it been used on the odd occasion then I doubt I'd have noticed. But the fact people like Potter use it in almost every bloody interview now, and its spreading, has become IRRITATING.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I get very angry over football. I swore repeatedly very loudly when Leeds scored their second. Then I got up from the sofa, stormed round the room, kicked said sofa and sat down again. Don't you do that when your team concedes an equaliser in a game they should have been 2 or 3 up?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well you watch all your football on a laptop, with multiple random teams, so I'd venture you are not invested enough in any football club to ever experience emotions such as anger, frustration, elation, or just being mightily pissed off.

If or when you ever make that step, you might be able to speak from a position of understanding. But not at the moment.
6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Of course they are quite similar, otherwise Tony wouldn't have hired any of them.
RDZ might be more likeable than Graham - I can see how the majority of people would think that. I like him to. But you thinking that RDZ is in Brighton because of his love for the club rather than because of his own desires... prepare to get really, really disappointed when Man City/Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea come for him and he's off like a rocket. "Shit, he cared more about himself and his career than about this club he'd barely heard of a year ago".

I didn’t say he loved the club, clearly he’s an employee and not a ‘fan’ as such, but then again, you know this… however, Roberto has the vision (I suspect) to see the worth (yes, in career terms, but also he’s an emotional guy - he wants to feel it) in making real history at this (little) club… he keeps talking about the ‘possibility’ as such (currently) he’s invested in (jointly) making a huge leap into our first ever European ‘venture… he clearly is driven by making that a reality with this group and (yes) this club.

Graham could have stayed and (maybe) done the same, but his own hubris and money grabbing/spending (easy route) preference saw him run out on the club that he claims (lol) he owes much to… he either lacked the vision or (more worryingly) had a lack of faith in this group of players or even his own abilities to deliver that piece of tangible history… or (and this is what I think) he literally didn’t give a shit about making history here - why should he care ? When the Potter brand was hot… like I say - his glorious future, his footballing ‘story’ matters more to him than anything or anyone else. As a fan of any club that’s just urghhhh. He could have waited, done it right, but oh no…

The other night Graham put on a show of emotion, an act - I was incredulous 🤨 it was hilarious… they lapped it up, it deserved an Oscar. He’s calculating and cold, emotionless, yet cunning - you say he and Roberto are similar ?!? Not so, they are polar opposites.

I like genuine people, not cloak and dagger puppet masters.

Yes - I like Roberto, he clearly likes an underdog, (endearing himself to a huge section of our support) he believes in this group, he believes in himself and why should he care ? Well, maybe he wants to leave a real legacy - as you say, I’m sure he’ll go, but maybe he’ll leave more behind than cold council and a teeth sucking shrug of what might have beens… by God even trophy 🏆!!! Now, that would be something.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here