Post a picture of the temputure in your car

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The car was CAKED in frost this morning, and I couldn't be bothered with the scraper. So I poured lukewarm water all over the windscreen from the kettle and PRESTO - instant frost banishment. Most pleasing.

(I am easily pleased)

Lukewarm water can also crack the windscreen.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
36 in the car today.

I burnt my hands on the steering wheel.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yeah that's the way forward. My car provides me with a new "feature" every few months, so far I have:

- A leak in a seal somewhere (no idea where) that lets moisture in meaning I have to wipe the insides of the windows
- A clock that lights up but displays nothing
- Rear windscreen washer that makes a noise but provides no washer fluid
- 4 settings on the heater: 1 - does nothing, 2 - does nothing, 3 - a little bit of air, 4 - full blast
- A fog light button that works but the light that tells you if it's on doesn't work so it's pot luck
- If you open the sunroof the seal comes off (although this doesn't seem to be where the leak is)
- Windscreen wipers that occasionally decide to stop half way down the window instead of going all the way down when you turn them off

I'm looking forward to finding the next one.

Now that's a proper car.

Seems to be missing external modifications however. For instance my car has a stylish silver effect on the passenger side wingmirror. Or as some people like to call it, gaffer tape

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yeah that's the way forward. My car provides me with a new "feature" every few months, so far I have:

- A leak in a seal somewhere (no idea where) that lets moisture in meaning I have to wipe the insides of the windows
- A clock that lights up but displays nothing
- Rear windscreen washer that makes a noise but provides no washer fluid
- 4 settings on the heater: 1 - does nothing, 2 - does nothing, 3 - a little bit of air, 4 - full blast
- A fog light button that works but the light that tells you if it's on doesn't work so it's pot luck
- If you open the sunroof the seal comes off (although this doesn't seem to be where the leak is)
- Windscreen wipers that occasionally decide to stop half way down the window instead of going all the way down when you turn them off

I'm looking forward to finding the next one.

This sounds a bit Citroeny. There is a resister in the system that's cheap and easy to change. Unfortunately it didn't work for me and because of the ignition switch failing, it all eventually fails, one bit at a time. :(

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Now that's a proper car.

Seems to be missing external modifications however. For instance my car has a stylish silver effect on the passenger side wingmirror. Or as some people like to call it, gaffer tape

Oh how could I forget the passenger side wing mirror? You adjust it to the position you want it in and within 10 minutes it reverts back to its default state of giving you a view of the side of the car.

This sounds a bit Citroeny. There is a resister in the system that's cheap and easy to change. Unfortunately it didn't work for me and because of the ignition switch failing, it all eventually fails, one bit at a time. :(

This is on a Rover, it was working fine until I took it for a service in March but ever since then it has been slowing getting worse. I used to have a Citroen, don't get me started on that :rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure my dad could cope if he had a car without a temperature display, he seems to relish updating me on the temperature outside whenever I am in the car with him.

When we drove into Worthing along the coastroad from the east, myself and the missus used to look forward to guessing the temperature display coming up on that digital sign on a garage forecourt just before you get to the town centre. Sadly, I think its gone now.

The PALPABLE aura of tension in the car as we declared our forcast around about Lancing, followed by the building sense of anticipation as Worthing loomed into view, it was all I could do to keep the car pointed in the right direction and on a steady line sometimes. Controversial late changes to the forcast due to the sun going in would cause bitter disputes, and the infamous 'squint-gate' one morning, when the prediction was so late that the garage was almost in view, led to the "Brooklands" ruling whereby all predictions would have to be submitted before passing the go-kart track, or would be considered null and void.

The feeling of sheer triumph and elation on guessing the temperature spot-on would burn inside for the entire weekend, and lead to bragging rights until a defeat was dealt.

Its the little things. Or so she tells me.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Lukewarm water can also crack the windscreen.

Yep had the same chat with a couple of neighbours, all scraping and leaving their car running to defrost window, a hot kettle, luke warm or even just off boiling poured over my cars windows all clear in a moment.

30 years I have been doing that without a problem.

Someone told me its freezing water on frozen windscreen would be a problem, but who knows and dont really care as kettle works everytime ;-)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
When we drove into Worthing along the coastroad from the east, myself and the missus used to look forward to guessing the temperature display coming up on that digital sign on a garage forecourt just before you get to the town centre. Sadly, I think its gone now.

The PALPABLE aura of tension in the car as we declared our forcast around about Lancing, followed by the building sense of anticipation as Worthing loomed into view, it was all I could do to keep the car pointed in the right direction and on a steady line sometimes. Controversial late changes to the forcast due to the sun going in would cause bitter disputes, and the infamous 'squint-gate' one morning, when the prediction was so late that the garage was almost in view, led to the "Brooklands" ruling whereby all predictions would have to be submitted before passing the go-kart track, or would be considered null and void.

The feeling of sheer triumph and elation on guessing the temperature spot-on would burn inside for the entire weekend, and lead to bragging rights until a defeat was dealt.

Its the little things. Or so she tells me.

Secrets to a successful marriage, by Easy 10

Have you considered teaching an adult education class?

secretsofasuccessfulmarriage1_thumb.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Secrets to a successful marriage, by Easy 10

Have you considered teaching an adult education class?

I can't recommend little car games enough.

When we get halted by a level crossing, we'll try to guess how many train carriages will go past. Can you even imagine the THRILL of snatching victory from what was seemingly a defeat, by correctly predicting 8 carriages instead of 4, after it turns into a two-train wait on a double-pass whammy ?

I'm getting butterflies just recalling it (Dolphin Road Shoreham, April 2009).

Mine has a display that shows you how high above sea level you are and what your position is in Longtitude and Latitude.

I have never quite worked out why.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I can't recommend little car games enough.

When we get halted by a level crossing, we'll try to guess how many train carriages will go past. Can you even imagine the THRILL of snatching victory from what was seemingly a defeat, by correctly predicting 8 carriages instead of 4, after it turns into a two-train wait on a double-pass whammy ?

I'm getting butterflies just recalling it (Dolphin Road Shoreham, April 2009).

Jurassic Park

alan_partridge_270.jpg

Last edited:

Yep had the same chat with a couple of neighbours, all scraping and leaving their car running to defrost window, a hot kettle, luke warm or even just off boiling poured over my cars windows all clear in a moment.

30 years I have been doing that without a problem.

Someone told me its freezing water on frozen windscreen would be a problem, but who knows and dont really care as kettle works everytime ;-)

My old neighbour would go outside every morning the cars were iced up and pour warm water over every car outside in the road, oh how we all used to laugh when going arse over tit on the resulting ice patches next to the cars.

Lovely bloke though.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My old neighbour would go outside every morning the cars were iced up and pour warm water over every car outside in the road, oh how we all used to laugh when going arse over tit on the resulting ice patches next to the cars.

Lovely bloke though.

Schoolboy error, just off boiling would sort that, if it doesnt then everywhere is icy anyway.

I can feel my neighbours thinking 'I dont think he knows that will crack the windscreen' ,,,,, never does.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mine has a display that shows you how high above sea level you are and what your position is in Longtitude and Latitude.

I have never quite worked out why.

Cos it's a Sat Nav. The Illuminati are secretly recording your every movement. Beware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports