Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Possibly the best intro ever. Released 44 years ago today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Turn up the bass. Put on some headphones and listen to the intro to this. The OMG moment kicks at 1 minute 18 :love:.

:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIwBLQ0Iyo8

In fact listen to the whole track. It is absolute class.

RIP Theo.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It never fails to surprise me how old punks have turned into such repetitive bores... the very essence of the UK scene was about shaking up the establishment both within society and on a secondary level: the music industry. The assertion that punk is due a rebirth reeks of a cynical music label cash in... Therefore I suspect many of you will get your wish. The irony being that by revisiting it or doing it again, well, you're becoming as predictable as a 20 min drum solo at a prog gig... and guess what, the establishment survived the last 'onslaught' and (sadly) it'll survive any further attempt to undermine the voodoo economics that have ruined the world.

Music doesn't change anything, it merely adds the soundtrack to what's wrong or indeed right in the world.... why anyone would believe anything else is lost on me.

As for best intros, as ever, it's a subjective and personal thing and thus a waste of time suggesting anything really as it'll be bombed out of sight by the 2eclectic NSC muso mojo mafia... the YT skipper, sailing his ship off the ends of the earth to get just one more ****ing thumbs up. A true punk, for example, wouldn't give a flying ****.

Those who know what they like and are satisfied to sit back and listen to it without ramming it into an unhearing ear... well, yes.... you I have time for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great tracks have great intros. I have tickets to see these later this year. Whe I hear the start of this it will ruin me :lolol:. Everything's clear in the rear view mirror :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQqFeCCuwW0

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When being at a gig is like being at the football. This recording is absolutely no match to what it was like in London a few years ago. [MENTION=13715]jimhigham[/MENTION] will confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAw9NGDUF7w

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It never fails to surprise me how old punks have turned into such repetitive bores... the very essence of the UK scene was about shaking up the establishment both within society and on a secondary level: the music industry. The assertion that punk is due a rebirth reeks of a cynical music label cash in... Therefore I suspect many of you will get your wish. The irony being that by revisiting it or doing it again, well, you're becoming as predictable as a 20 min drum solo at a prog gig... and guess what, the establishment survived the last 'onslaught' and (sadly) it'll survive any further attempt to undermine the voodoo economics that have ruined the world.

Music doesn't change anything, it merely adds the soundtrack to what's wrong or indeed right in the world.... why anyone would believe anything else is lost on me.

As for best intros, as ever, it's a subjective and personal thing and thus a waste of time suggesting anything really as it'll be bombed out of sight by the 2eclectic NSC muso mojo mafia... the YT skipper, sailing his ship off the ends of the earth to get just one more ****ing thumbs up. A true punk, for example, wouldn't give a flying ****.

Those who know what they like and are satisfied to sit back and listen to it without ramming it into an unhearing ear... well, yes.... you I have time for.

What on earth are you banging on about? I still play my Wishbone Ash, Purple, Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Sabbath, Genesis, Focus, Rory, Simon Dupree and the Big Sound, Four Tops, ****ing Joe Turner.

twit.gif

Stitch that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Partial to a bit of this.

That is another one of the 1000 tracks that gets into my top 50 of all time top ten. An absolute gem of a track, this live version, with an elegant introduction of the highest order. I salute you :salute::rave:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Gotta say Pretty Vacant is probably my favourite

Others that grabbed me 20th century boy

Highway star off Made in Japan or could have been speed king

Jimi and Purple Haze couldn’t get enough of this when I first heard it

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
When being at a gig is like being at the football. This recording is absolutely no match to what it was like in London a few years ago. @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=13715" target="_blank">jimhigham</a></u> will confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAw9NGDUF7w

Confirmed :)

Sadly the last time I saw them. I’ve managed to consistently be in the wrong place every time they’ve come around since.

Booked some tickets for some retro German shenanigans next summer though…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here