Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Possibly the best intro ever. Released 44 years ago today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Not my favourite ever song but the intro is just great..

download.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crikey, it was shit then and it hasn't got any better with age...this is far far better.....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
44 years...bloody Hell.

44 years before that was 1933.

Not that that means much, but it certainly raises issues with my mortality.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And how about this? An intro to lose all your shit to. Fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUxFQ5QBiYk

Best ending too :lolol:

This pisses all over anything the Sex Pistols did ever . . . . I was only 5 so couldn't ' gauge the mood' at the time, but punk wasn't 'new' except to the dissafected working class Yoof of a failing Britain. (I'm assuming they hadn't all done NYC clubs in the early 70's . . .

The Punk ( and reggae ) phoenix is long due a resurrection. I'm nearly 50 now and allegedly sensible . . . But will happily join in to smash the state if needs be.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Im going to add another one.
First saw Muse at one of the V festivals where they headlined one of the stages (must have been a good festival if my memory is so shot), coincidentally they were introduced by Chris Martin, Coldplay were playing on the Main Stage in the afternoon slot.
I hadnt even heard of Muse but my son had and told me to watch. This blew me away.

https://youtu.be/7DJ_a_N3Nqo

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This pisses all over anything the Sex Pistols did ever . . . . I was only 5 so couldn't ' gauge the mood' at the time, but punk wasn't 'new' except to the dissafected working class Yoof of a failing Britain. (I'm assuming they hadn't all done NYC clubs in the early 70's . . .

The Punk ( and reggae ) phoenix is long due a resurrection. I'm nearly 50 now and allegedly sensible . . . But will happily join in to smash the state if needs be.

One of my best mates was at school in London in 77 and saw the Damned at the Marquee. I say 'saw'. He went so bat shit mental during one song he lost his sight (luckily it was temporary). I never got to see them till they played Mount Ephraim festival (Canterbury/Faversham) about 20 years ago. New Rose was the start of punk for me (as posted elsewhere). You can shove your Flaming Groovies up your bollocks :lolol:. I enjoyed Rokie Erikson, The Count Five, and other foreign muck, but year zero was 1976, band zero was The Damned and release zero was New Rose. :thumbsup:

Not dissing the OP post and selection however. As I said....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here